Old 01-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #31  
Low carber :)

S/C/G: 223/212/size 6

Height: 64 inches

Nope Mom lives 30 miles away. She just sends lots of baking "for the kids". I try to remind her she has a diabetic daughter who needs to stay out of it.
Oh that is funny about the stock. I think the game is at 3.
thinnerbyjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #32  
Because I Can

Height: 5'6"

My DH is diabetic too. Are you type 1 or 2? Can she keep the kid's treats at her house? Yesterday we went on a 2 mile hike. I feel guilty like it wasn't enough. Crazy.
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:37 AM   #33  

No need to feel guilty~ you did terrific! I figure if I get 30 min of exercise plus normal activity it is enough after reading a few studies about over exercising. losing weight and cortisol.

Since the kids are teens they are not at moms tons like when they were little. Nope she wants it out of her house so she doesn't eat them (confused yet? LOL) I'm type 2 and have beeen most of my adult life. Amazingly I was a skinny 110 when diagnosed. Is your dh 1 or 2 ?
Old 01-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #34  
Because I Can

At first they told him that he was type 2. He was in his 20's and not really over weight. (maybe 20 pounds) It always baffled me. Then he had to go on insulin almost imediately. He is on 2 types right now. We saw a dif. dr. and they said that he is type 1 which makes sense. Although no one in his family has diabetes.

Yep, def confused about your mom. Does she like to bake?

Do you think you could put in a word for me with the pack and ask them to win again this week?

I am really interested to here more about over exercising and cortisol. Is it more than 30 minutes straight or more than 30 minutes in a day?

Hope you're kickin' butt today!

-Mel.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:52 PM   #35  

Wow that was confusing I bet for your dh! No younger diabetics in my family. Just dad while on chemo.

Yep she likes to bake. Since she has been on Atkins maintenance the last four years she bakes~ has 1 ~ sends it to my house. Not my ideal but dh and the kids love it.

I don't know if the Pack likes me~ I complained about going to the hall of fame. I'll try though.

I read a few books on cortisol. It didnt stress 30 min total it just said it was sufficient. They urged against long , long aerobic only workouts Both books I read stated that overexercising raise cortisol and moderate exercise lowered cortisol. At least thats what I got out of it.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #36  
Because I Can

I am going to have to google it. I don't really have set workouts. I am on week 2 of the c25k. The 60 second sprints in week 1 were too easy for me so I didn't count it as my workout for the day. I do the c25k every other day. I weight train m, w, f. I try to only take 1 day off a week. I usually workout more than 1 time a day. I just do whatever sounds like fun at the time. I am googling now. Your mom should bake and then sell them then it's a win-win!
Old 01-05-2010, 07:39 AM   #37  

Sounds like you are really active. I generally do 30 min at least 5 x a week. Plus a little walking. I tell you using the firm wave during commercials at night sure has given me sore lower abs! Yowsa! I get bored and change my workout a lot. I have so many dvd's it is ridiculous.

Ah Mom and the goodies. To be honest it annoys the heck out of me but she has always been on to bake and cook lots. Since dad passed we get it. I should bring it to the Salon for the clients and Co workers. MIL (who is a dooll) send over tons of junk too. They mean well but ugh ugh ugh I just need to stay strong!

I can't imagine being able to get outside in the winter to be active. You lucky girl!

Last edited by thinnerbyjuly; 01-05-2010 at 07:40 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #38  
Because I Can

Lucky now, yes. Lucky in July, nope. Lol

I will write more later. I have been reading on here for hours and my eyes are blurry.

TTFN.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 218.8/198/135

Height: 5'4

Hi diddly do ladies. Everyone sounds like they are doing pretty well.
thinner~ dont dwell on those few "bad" snacks. And I hope that flu passes you soon. What day would you like to weigh in. Hey i dont mind, im easy.
MelO~You sound like you are extremely active. Thats great. The Grand Canyon. That is cool.
jlady~welcome, welcome, welcome. Just jump on in here.
e.mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:51 AM   #40  

Melo~ I'll trade ya. I love dry heat. Last I visited TX I loved sitting out in the 115. I should have been a lizard

Emccoy~ I'm so glad you checked in! I was wondering how you were doing. The challenges I'm in have a Sunday weigh in. No worries on the snacks. Done and over. So how have you been doing? Glad to be home?

Did any of you catch the biggest loser last night. Wow those weigh ins were just shocking!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #41  
Because I Can

Hey, there!

omg TBL!!! Do you have a favorite? There is a chick on there named Melissa who weighs about the same as me. She's on the red team with her hubby. I like the Tongan brothers too. Sione and Filipe from last season are from here. That mom (orange team) just cracked me up when she was screaming and Bob and Jillian were laughing.

If you were a lizard, you would have to eat bugs.

Yes, welcome home e.mccoy!

I don't think I am very active. I am trying to be though.

OK, I have been on the phone all morning with ins, dr's and dentists so I should go do school work and workout.

Power on, ladies!

PS my challenge board has us weighing in on Mondays.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:07 AM   #42  

Nope, I don't have a favorite yet. I missed the beginning. It was an awesome show!!!!

LOL bet I'd be a skinny bug eater. LOL

I haven't exercised since Wed as my back is flaring up. I'm kind of crooked and look like a dorl

I can't believe when I checked in I missed your post until today.

I was disgusted with my weigh in as it was up. I'm figuring its 9 days from tom plus all the inflammation isn't helping. I better watch my food closely since I cant exercise right now.

Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow!

Emccoy~ how are you doing? Hope all is well!
Old 01-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #43  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hi I'm a newbie around here... can I ask what exactly a buddy is? Thanks much.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #44  

sure Aunty Jam ~ a buddy is just someone to check in with to heelp keep each other on track.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #45  
Because I Can

Thinner, I hope you see this. I checked which threads you post to. That blue team you’re on looks cool. I didn’t know about that challenge. Very cool. I am doing the Biggest Loser challenge in this area (30 somethings). I am teamed up with MotherMe. She is carrying the team so far. :[ I hate the scale. How is your back feeling now?