Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 07:56 PM   #16  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello..no excercise this week yet...Having trouble with "pulling" in my groin area..The baby has started growing I think and the belly is right there with it and I am feeling it..Not pain, but uncomfortable. He/She is really moving and kicking....DH accuses me of "moving" my stomach to fake baby movements..Boy, I am talented~~~~~

Welcome Debbie!!!I am also expecting my first child in Dec..Diet to start again in Jan!!!!

Lauren--The pool sounds great!!!I cant wait to go to the beach next week to get away from this heat!!!*L*

Sinrah-Yeah on Hubby being back!!!!

Hello all..Must run to bathe!!!
PS..Where is Dani, BFB/BPB, Pryia, Susan????etc etc!!!Come by and say hello!!!!!
Old 07-24-2002, 01:11 AM   #17  

Hi! We just got back from our Baltimore/Philly trips for the wholesale shows. Kenny did really good at Baltimore and I did O.K. in Philly. We are more than overbooked for wholesale accounts for the year (a good problem to have).

Bad news...I had too many dinners out, too many drinks, etc...and not even a smidgen of exercise (other than walking 2 blocks to the restaurants)....I'm up 5 lbs. Tomorrow is get serious time - we're home for 3 weeks so maybe I can get some exercise in during these weeks. - jul
Old 07-24-2002, 05:42 AM   #18  

Hi everyone,

I have just come back from my weekend on the beach. It turns out that lots of other friends and family were there as well, so it was definitely NOT boring! I managed to be good with the wodka (not ONE!) and the peanuts (my sister told me a disgusting story about a test they did for a consumer org. in the Netherlands: it turns out that salted peanuts, because they are served in bars over and over again for ages (you know how long they keep) contain traces of urine bacteria....

Jul, don't lose heart, just start again!
Old 07-24-2002, 11:09 AM   #19  

hello all.

I am officially done babysitting. Glad to be able to get my life back in order (for a short while anyway! I leave again in 9 days & will be gone for 12 days).

Debbie, Sinnrah, and Crochet - welcome! Debbie & Sinnrah - where do you live in Texas?

Elisa - I hear you! Moving is such a pain.

Jul - I have a gain to deal with also from my recent excursions. Wish I wouldn't keep doing that to myself.

Greek - Yuck!

gotta run.

Rabbit

Last edited by Rabbit; 07-24-2002 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-24-2002, 03:33 PM   #20  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi everyone!

Just thought I would check in quick!

I had weigh in this morning.. and I am up .5 pound! UGH! With all the excercise and eating right... and journaling.. I dont know where I went wrong! But I am hoping it is still the effects of TOM!

I will check in more later!!
Old 07-24-2002, 11:39 PM   #21  

Hello everyone. Just a quick post tonight as I am TOOOO tired! I did pretty bad on my plan today. Have had several stressful days at work and reverted to my old candy-binging habits. Will try to be back on plan tomorrow and not beat myself up too much about it as all that generally does is send me into a downward spiral!

Karen - What about cheese as a protein? I know I use lowfat string cheese as a meat exchange sometimes on my plan. It's so convenient because each little individually wrapped piece is exactly 1 oz so portion control is a snap. I like to cut mine up and eat it on 4 or 5 crackers. I never would have thought cheese and crackers would be a diet snack food! Cottage cheese is another idea, although not everyone likes it.

Rabbitt - I am in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.

Sorry I don't have time to respond to everyone but I really must go night-night now.

Debbie
235.6/213.6/165
Old 07-25-2002, 02:56 AM   #22  

Hi everyone,

Due to Boss coming in yesterday I couldn't finish my mail in time. Am having a full house these days, as friends have come over for the holidays (from Serbia) They're going to Santorini (island) on Friday so from that time on I'll be a bit better again.
One of the turtles (ET, the big one) turned itself over accidentally and died yesterday, poor thing. I found it when I came back, now I have only one (Yoda), so I might ask my friend to give me another one, I feel bad it doesn't have company.
My car needs repairing (250 $) because the springs have gone completely, which I found out yesterday. About the only thing I am happy with is the eating right. I'm sticking to it...
Sorry for yesterday's disgusting peanut-story, but for me it was a great help in staying off them...
I want to welcome our new girls and wish them strength. "Just" stick to it, and remember eveybody makes mistakes and binges now and then on stuff they shouldn't eat. Debbie, low-fat cheese is a good protein source, just watch out, because most cheeses contain a lot of salt (except fo cottage cheese)
crotchet Karen, if you're sticking to your exercize plan very well, you might have put on some muscle, or for example if you et smt that was salty, you might just have some water retention. If you stuck to the plan, you shouldn't let it get you down. just normal.

Rabbit, hope to hear from you before you go!

Lauren, Hurray for the pool! Wish I had one (on my balcony)
Old 07-25-2002, 03:05 AM   #23  

Eliza, I am thinking about moving and the thought alone makes me wince. I have been moving all my sisters and friends around for years, and I still dream about it sometimes...

Crotchet Karen, forgot to ask: what kind of plan are you doing, 2000 cals a day would be heaven for me (I am trying to stick to 1500-1700 but it's not easy)

Lauren, what happened to DHB? how many non-fenced pools did he count?

lots of love and wish you all strength and fun,

Vassiliki, Athens (Where the Mercury is still Rising)
Old 07-25-2002, 11:56 AM   #24  
Pending Email Confirmation

Vassiliki - I am just following the USDA Guidelines for healthy eating using 2000 calories as my goal as that is what the nutritionist at the doctor's office has given me as my guide. For a 35 year -old woman under 2000 is to low even for weight loss. my family has a history of heart disease and osteoarthritis so I have to take all that into consideration when determining my guide. Also my break down of calories is 55% carbo 30% protien and 25% Fat with only10% of that 25% as saturated....

I had a great day yesterday! Got on the tread mill and completed the session even though the bloating is still here. I had a mini asthma attack nothing serious just constricting.. but I had to stop for a bit.

Eating is going well but I still cannot break 1800 calories! UGH! I might have to start looking into eating a few more higher fat foods My carbs are up to over 70% too...

anyway.. that is my day! I'll check in later!
Old 07-25-2002, 12:46 PM   #25  

hi all.
My first day counting points again was yesterday and I stayed well within my range. Woohoo. Tonight I have to face the music for the last couple weeks' holiday.

Karen - it's probably just a short lived little gain.~ Is it hard to keep track of proten vs. carbs vs. what type of fat?

Deb - good luck getting back on plan. ~ My brother lives in the DFW area - I'm visiting him soon & am quite excited about it - a family get together.

Greek - sorrry about ET. ~ Oh, I'll be checking in daily while I'm home. ~

gotta run.

Rabbit
Old 07-25-2002, 02:10 PM   #26  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Things have been nutty around here this week...there's a chance the FDA might be coming to audit us, but they don't give any warnings, so I'm just making sure my stuff is in order! We didn't do anything wrong, but one of our monitors found out that one of the sites they visit is being fraudulent (sp), so the site is being investigated by the FDA, IRB, and all that, so it's natural that they may come here, and to the sponsor. Ugh... I'm off tomorrow so I'll probably be here late tonight.

My mom is coming over to help me clean all day tomorrow, because we have the big July birthday's party at our place Saturday. My house needs some serious work in case it rains and I have to fit 25 people in it!! Was discussing reorganizing the LR with DH, but he's not thrilled about it. Told him we should sell the big whole wall entertainment center and get an armoire type, that's compact, so we can move it to another wall and make the room look bigger. I told him once the baby comes, we're gonna need room for baby implements, like a swing, boucer thing, heck, even just for room on the floor to spread out a blanket!! I don't think we have an area that's 3 ft. square!!

Anyway, gotta get back to work, will try to check in tomorrow AM before Mom shows up! Have a great day all!
Old 07-25-2002, 08:56 PM   #27  

I've hit the walking hard morning and night, have used the exercise videos in the mornings. Lots of water and a day of just raw fruit and raw veggies and I dropped 3 of those 5 lbs. Now if I can just keep up with it for a while I may see some results. I'm still 5 lbs over my lowest (this go around) and still 20 lbs away from my goal for the year. Can I drop 20 lbs over the next 5 mts??? "Can we do it? Yes we can!!" (borrowed from Bob the Builder). - jul
Old 07-26-2002, 02:37 AM   #28  

Hi everyone!

It's Friday! Almost weekend...

Jul, way to go on the 3 lb's! And yes, I think it's possible to lose 20 pounds in the coming 5 months (4 pounds month is a reasonable goal)

Hi Karen, wish I could stay in that range, anyway I think you're doing a great job the way you're handling things!

Lauren, good luck (and fun) on Saturday!

Go for it rabbit!

(off to the beach...) Vassiliki, Athens
Old 07-26-2002, 05:23 AM   #29  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Jul---U definately have kids!!!!)Bob the builder!!!! Really hoping Bob will be in our future with the new baby!!!ok, I will take the girl cartoons too!!!! Yeah on losing the lbs!!

Really think this one is practicing ice skating..cuz it kicks my belly inside constantly!!!Maybe he/she has its 6'0 daddy's body stuffing into its 5'1 Mommy's belly!!

GG==Have fun at the beach!!!I am leaving on Tues for the beach!!Cant wait!!!

Lauren--Did I miss your birthday????If soo...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! I am skipping mine next month!!!!

Rabbit--Glad U r back in the range of points!!!!!

I think I am going to the healthclub this evening!!!Just for a slow walk..Been having leg cramps at night and maybe a few stretches on the treadmill will help!!!!If I dont go today...my new name will be "couch sitter" not "roadrunner"!!!!

TGIF!!!!
Vicki
Old 07-26-2002, 09:11 AM   #30  

Greek: I sure hope I can. That was to be my goal for the whole year 20 lbs in 12 mts seemed almost too easy....maybe thats why I've waited so long...I work better under pressure.

Someone mentioned baby names: I just got an email that a friend had a baby girl last night her name is Zoie Kamyille. I think thats pretty. If we had had girls we were going to go with Hailey Kyle or Madison Lyle. But that was way before those two names became popular, if I had a girl now I don't think I'd use those first names.

Our friends from Alaska are due in today (used to live across the road ). We haven't seen them in two years. I must get the house cleaned and guest beds ready. Going to do another raw fruit and raw veggie day today plus a couple walks, the house cleaning, and a video if time.

- jul
Closed Thread