Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 04:50 AM   #16  

Default hi everyone

Typical! I was so busy and hasty this week I didn't see the new thread, oops, thanx rabbit for reminding me!

I had a very nice time at the broadcasting, it was the first time ever that I did anything like it, it went well and we had a great time. I also met a very nice woman who is an artist and is coming to the states for the 1st time (N-Y) to present her work, probably in July already!

Now I'm preparing for coming Saturday, i have another one ( not live this time, phew!). maybe I should pursue a career in TV, Heh, I'm vain enough at least, although I don't know about talent...

I have been to the gym 3 times this week, so at least I feel good if not leaner this week (have been eating out a lot, not much but enough not to be on the diet). The protein seems to be working, at least for hunger pangs. i also mix it with coffee, so it gets like a kind of choco-coffee shake, yummie!

Karen, how's the diet going? if you need one, here's a kick from me! (I need one myself, too, actually)

I am very jealous of our pregnant women, wish I had some of myself (have a DBF, no DH yet), wish me luck in finding a good man so I can give you MY PG news in a while!

will post soon, have to go now!

greetings to all, Vassiliki
Old 06-13-2002, 05:03 AM   #17  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!
GreekGirl-Yeah on the movie career!!!! Glad it worked out!!!I'll hold off sending the baby dust over just yet!!!!

I have a great recipe for anyone interested!!!
1cup skim milk
1 whole banana(frozen whole the night before)
a teeny bit of vanilla
pkt of equal

Blend in the blender and add some ice cubes and blend up into a great banana milk shake!!!I make if for the kids and they love it plus I get my calcium in for the day!!!!

Have a great day all!!!Off to work!!!
Vicki
Old 06-13-2002, 08:14 AM   #18  

Thanx RR, you're an EARLY bird!

Forgot to tell, got two new roommates since sunday: ET and YODA.
My friend has about 20 turtles of various sizes running around in her back garden (special mutated turtles, they're fast!), so she gave me three (one about 10 inches, for my gran's garden), and two mini's that are smaller than a packet of cigarettes and that live on my balcony. They're incredibly cute/ugly, and eat just about everything (lettuce, milk, bread, greens, cheese, meat etc.) Their head is about the size of my pinkie fingernail.

bye to y'all for me it's almost time to go home...

May the turtle be with you

Vassiliki
Old 06-13-2002, 12:01 PM   #19  

HI!

Tonight is weigh in and I'm not looking forward to it as my scales say gain. I've done well. Whatever!

Lauren - I like Cletus the Fetus. We are crackheads here also and are always making up silly songs.

RR - please send dh here to do some carpet steaming.

Greek - glad to hear your broadcasting career is starting off well! ~ Enjoy your turtles! How cute. Some live at my neighbors pond & I love to watch them.

Rabbit
OP since 6/2/02
Old 06-13-2002, 04:17 PM   #20  

Today is a slow day, so I thought I would tell you all why I had to leave. There is a girl in our neighborhood who got into a lot of trouble (the week after we met her) and we have volunteered to keep her while her care givers are at work, and to tutor her since she just failed a grade for the second time. This girl has a real sad life, and just needs someone to believe in her, and show her she can do it. But she is difficult to put it mildly. So my hands are full, and when she is around I can't take my attention off of the cituation. She is with her mom today, so I can check in here.

I weighed 152 this morning, so my weight is definitely on a downward slope. I think I finally weigh less than my sister in law, but I want to get back to my pre-weight marriage again, and still need to loose another 35-40 lbs. I am sure I will get there, I just have to keep plugging away.

I used to dread having to "diet", but accepting that I just had to change my relationship to food, and make better choices with what I was eating and with how much has made life easier. I know that this is the way I will eat for the rest of my life, and I am having fun doing it.

Incidently, because of the neighbor girl exercise is out of the window except for walking 2 blocks to the park and back on most days. But then again, we may not to that much longer, because that is where the druggies hang out and do their stuff as we found out 2 days ago. Why in a park, where little kids come to play? That is down right rude.

Well, I will check in again later.

Hope all is going well for ya'll

GG - tried the choco-protein powder in my coffee, and you are right it isn't bad, and if you heat it it is really good. I usually drink my coffee room temp, since I drink it all day, but with the protein, I like it warm.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:00 PM   #21  
Donna

Hello All,

WW went good on Tuesday I lost 2.2 lbs . Other than that not much going on, things are going well at work and I don't have time to munch plus there's lots of walking to offset what I do eat. So I was feeling pretty good, unfortunately I got a couple of bad news messages today so I'm feeling kinda blue and trying to stay out of the food which is my normal response.

Can't remember what everyone said, (my brain is mush from PMS) so I'm not going to try to respond. Hope everyone has a great weekend if I don't get back before then .

- Tech
Old 06-13-2002, 11:21 PM   #22  

Hi everyone

RR and Lauren, I am glad that things went well for both of you at the Dr's. Please be keeping that pg dust your way though. I will be happy to be a cyber Aunt:-)

We just got back from WW. We were both up 2lbs. I will definately take that and be happy about it after being gone for two full weeks on vacation.

Rabbit, I hope that the scale at ww was different than at home, if not just keep on keeping on. It all will even out.

Tech, Great job on the loss.

Lyssalou, I applaud you on taking on the neighbor girl. That is very nice of you. I am sure that you will make a big difference in her life.

Where has Bailey been?!

Greek Girl, I am glad your tv debut went well.

Speaking of tv. I have decided that HBO has really screwed up my whole system. It use to be that I did not turn on the TV from the end of May until Mid September. Now I am hooked on some of these HBO shows and they show them through the summer.
Old 06-14-2002, 10:46 AM   #23  

HELLO.

I did have a gain last night - 2.5 - what a bummer. I'm not really sure why so I'm taking a look at my behavior so I can fix it! I am leaving today for the weekend to go to the inlaws for Father's Day - will be back on Sunday. I'm going to journal while I am gone & stay OP.

Lyssa - so great of you to help the little girl in need.

Tech - hooray for your loss!! (I guess I found it!). ~ Hope everything works out and you are no longer blue.

Nanci - as you can see the scales were not good. But I'll keep on keeping on! ~ What HBO shows are you getting hooked on?

Have a great weekend all. Happy Father's Day.

Rabbit
OP since 6/2/02
Old 06-14-2002, 11:39 AM   #24  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Well, FIL had bypass surgery this AM, they found 3 more blockages, so they did a cathederization (sp) Monday, and since they've done that like 4-5 times now (in the past 1 1/2 yrs), they said they have to do bypass this time. BIL called DH at 10:30 and said they were done and everything went great. He's all hooked up of course and in ICU for at least 24 hrs. He said the Dr. sent them all home, so don't bother coming to visit today, wait until tomorrow. That's what I figured (being the nurse's kid I am), but I wasn't gonna tell DH that...he had planned to take a late lunch and go. I'm soo thankful that it all went soo well, and I hope he continues to recover this well. Unfortunately he will probably not be able to fly down to Florida for Nanna'a 90th b-day party, but I don't know, maybe they can take the train?? I know he's not allowed to sit in the front seat of a car until at least September, because of the seat belts and airbags. That's gonna be rough, because MIL doesn't drive much, except around town.

Rabbit- Sorry to hear about the gain, hopefully it's something silly, like PMS, or something salty you ate. Have a nice weekend, and try to behave!!

Nanci- Sorry to hear of your gain too, but at least you know where it came from and that it could've been worse!

Tech- Congrats on the loss. Sorry to hear you got bad news, hope all is OK. Good for you resisting the food though. Hope the PMS passes quickly!

Lyss- Good to see you!! I think what you're doing is wonderful!! How old is your charge? If she's a young teen or so, maybe you could work on an exercise program together, that's positive?! Or teach her how to start a garden in the yard, something that would keep you both active? Good luck with her, I commend you for taking her on!

GG- Have fun with the turtles, here we're not allowed to keep them as pets, they're endangered, or soemthing.

RR- That recipe sounds similar to a recip that my Gran was just telling me she saw in Prevention last week for M/S. The one she told me included some cantaloupe also frozen. I vote for Brianna or Andrew!

Have a great day all!! It's dark and gloomy and rainy again here.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:42 PM   #25  

Hi all, I hope everyone is having a good Friday. I had really good week of workouts but I paid the price by crashing each night at 7 pm (this is why I can't have kids ) I think DH and I are going to GNC this week to find an energy supplement. We are both having trouble in that area. He was being all sweet and romantic last night -- even gave me a wonderful leg and foot massage -- only to have me fall asleep on him. Poor guy!!

LBH, sorry to hear about FIL. I hope he has a fast and easy recovery and can make the b-day party.

Rabbit, bummer about the gain. It happens sometimes though. Have a great time on your weekend getaway. DH has to work Sat. so I might spend my whole day sleeping to see if I can recover from whatever has me so tired. I can't even blame it on AF this time.

Backfor, sorry to hear about your gain but at least your not too disappointed. I don't know what happened to Bailey. I sent her a PM earlier this week and never hear back from her. I'm worried about her. Anybody out there have her e-mail and can send her a message checking on her??

Tech, congrats on the loss!!!! I hope everything is okay. Hopefully you can take some walks to ease your mind instead of turning to food. Be strong!

Lys, you are truly a selfless wonderful person. I am sure you have your hands full but hopefully having a stranger reach out to the girl will help her to know that people do care. BTW, you are doing incredible with your weight loss!! Send some of your willpower my way please.

Greekgirl, welcome to motherhood. I have turtles too!! Eleven of them -- four different breeds. We have a nice pond in our backyard they live in and they are so much fun to watch. We also have a tortoise (Elvis) who has his own play area by our front porch. DH is into his reptiles. I like them cuz they're low maintenance.

BPB, congrats!! You got mentioned in the "Lighten Up" area for having a funny name and title. Personnally, I love your dancing purple guy!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 06-14-2002, 11:56 PM   #26  

Default I'm BAAACKKKKKKKKKk

Thanks so much for thinking of me. Sincerely sorry to make you worry. I have been really busy and NOT doing well on the weight thing. I really wanted to know what was going on with you all, but couldn't handle facing the reality of how I am blowing all of my hard work. NOTE TO ALL: Do NOT stop coming here. You will gain weight (lol)

So - depending on the day, I have gained back between around 5 to 8 lbs. Actually, not all that bad. With the amount of soda and salt and sugar I have been having, I should be able to lose about half of it this coming week (water weight is GREAT when it goes!) So - I am still over 20 lbs down from where I started and feel ready to get back at it (think I will try to be half back at it this weekend, as I am going to the cape for Father's day)

On the exercise front: does lifting the muffin to your face count at all? Cause if not, I have to say I have nothing to report. Will start on day 1 of my running program tomorrow.

On the job front: BF is still not making much and still not seeming to be ready to do anything about it. We really needed to be making more than we were, then I lost 1 day a week at work - so....

-I got a job teaching Kaplan prep courses. The lowest starting wage is good and I should make more based on my prior teaching experience. Unfortunately, there is a 20 hour training you have to do which seems to take about 1 month. During this month, I won't make much. After that, however, I will be able to teach a few classes and make up for the lost $ from my primary job. Once you get started with them, you can really set your own hours, so its great. However,......

-We need $ NOW - not in a few months. So - where to find a mcJOB? No - no golden arches for this gal - I am a proud new employee at Target! Had paid training today for a new store they happen to be opening 1 mile from my house. Since I will only be doing this short term and only about 15 hours a week, I requested a very entry level early am stock position. So - for the next few months, I will be going in on M-T-W from 4am to 9am, then going to my other job. Since they are just getting rolling, I am also welcome to come in and put in extra hours at my convenience! OK, this is not my dream job - but the flexibility and immediate availability is pretty cool. Plus, I LOVE TARGET! I get 10% off to boot - and I really have respect for the company culture, etc. However, it is not my dream job, so what is? Well...

I have always told people that my dream job would be to work for (certain toy company) doing research on the usability, demand for, and educational value of their products. So I check their website once or twice a month to see what is out there. I have been doing this for 2 years. There is NEVER anything in research. Well - Guess what?!? On June 3, they posted my dream job!!! Even better - my friend from college has a friend who was their 3rd employee!!!!! He was impressed with my resume and cover letter and forwarded them to the "right hands"!! I know I will still likely not get it, but you never know.

Finally - I have not been happy in my current position and have not been able to motivate myself to do anything about it. Well, I am motivated now! So even if the dream job does not pan out - I am confident I will find something that works for me.

And the most exciting news??? I buy a $1 scratch ticket about once every 2 weeks and NEVER win. Sometimes, I might get the dollar back. Well, today I won $100!!! I was so stunned I thought I was reading the darn thing wrong - had to confirm the win with a random stranger on the street. So, maybe it's my week?

Please send positive dream job vibes my way!

Sorry so long away and so long in word. Will update a few other threads, then try to catch up!

I MISSED YOU GUYS SO MUCH!
Closed Thread