Old 10-21-2008, 01:11 PM   #16  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Wifey, I'll bite, what's your favorite concert of all-time?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:21 PM   #17  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

Hey folks. This has been theday from ****. *sigh*

Took oldest to her 4o minutes of school, it was gym and before it was half over I was called in because she had an asthma attack. *sigh* She doesn't get attacks from running. She just needed that extra attention. Then I had to go to another post to get her shots. She decided to freak dn we had to, me and another nurse, hold her down. She admitted it didn't hurt. *double sigh* Then I got a call, a neighbor needed me to take come get her on this post, and take her back to the other post so she could take the dog back she was going to adopt but it didn't work out. Then I had to take the car into the insurance place and get thedamage looked at. SUCKED the guy didn't speak English very well and I can't speak German at all. Then before he got done it began to pour and the girls got drenched. So, then home and I found out it will cost me GOBS of money to get the pup certified for training here. We had Doners for lunch (they are the german equilavant (sp) of hamburgers) but I just had a salad with the meat on it. Turkey, so it isn't to bad. Then for supper the girls at are eating things I could nuke from the freezer. I am waiting for my sushi to cool. Yes I cook my sushi, cool it then eat it. I cannot handle the idea of raw fish. LOL

*gasp* the only cool things were I got a cool stack of books from the thrift shop and a totally cute pink shear zipper shirt. PLus I got my MaryKay. YAY

I did walk a mile or so on post, and then I almost ran another 1/2 mile when I saw that a local shepard had lost a lamb and it was alooong ways away from the flock. He made fun of me to another guy telling him the same thing, but I didn't feel to bad. I could only say "Kinder Baaaaa" Kinder being child and baaaaa well that is self explanatory.

To top this all off, I have written this HUGE post and am to frustrated to check it for typos. *sorry*

Hugs folks.
Kati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:27 PM   #18  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon ladies,

Kati, sorry about your bad day. I can remember taking Spencer for a TB test. It took me, his sister, and a couple of nurses to hold him down....He couldn't have weighed more that 50lbs at the time, lol.

Not alot going on here today. Spencer starts wrestling practice today. It's over at the College. I figure he'll hate it so much that it will break his obsession or he'll love it and I'll never hear the end of it again. Wish me luck...

Hope everyone has a great day!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:06 PM   #19  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Well I am back from the errands. They didn't take as long as I thought they would... but they did cause an uproar.
I forgot the diaper bag, or even a spare one for my youngest. Lets just say that he decided that doing #2 right before I head into the gym was a splendid idea. Oh, and wait... I had only one wipe So I put on a pair of DD's spare undies. Oh, he then stepped in the poo, so off goes his socks, and back into his sneakers barefeet. I am not even 20 minutes into my workout and I get called to come and bring BOTH kiddies to the potty. My son made it, but sprayed on himself a tad. Needless to say, my workout was cut even shorter then I planned it to be. We headed home to change him and THEN re-head out to do my errands. WITH diaper bag in hand. The rest of the day went ok, so glad I got all the rukus out in one place though.

Kati --- Bummer day... hoping tomorrow is much, much better.

Alicia ---- Oh please do tell us how Spencer likes Wrestling practice. We don't have anything like that around here. Plenty of other things , but none of that.

happy2be --- Your day sounds a lot like my morning. BUT, I am glad this afternoon things have slowed down a bit.

Kofarq
--- You still have tomatoes... the drat nabbit bunnies ate most of my veggie garden so I only ended up having 4 tomatoes. Going to have to figure out a wy to keep them pesky things out of my garden. I had NO cukes, peppers and not many (like I said 4) tomatoes.... due to them bunnies. I hope you have plenty and are able to can them too.

LBH --- I'll be chiming in about the coldness soon enough. I don't mind it as much, just that once it gets here it seems to take forever to have bright sunny cheerful days again.

Last edited by PearFreak; 10-21-2008 at 04:07 PM.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:43 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Kati - Yikes... definitely sound like a day and a half!! Glad you made it thru!!

Kori - I don't know if they sell Turbo Jam at Walmart. If they do, it wouldn't be the entire kit I got. At turbojam.com they have a Maximum Results Kit and it has 5 workouts, guidebooks, weighted punching gloves and a few other things. I started two weeks ago and I love it. I WOWY with it in their lottery so I have a chance to win money every day that I work out!! It's so much fun. Walmart might sell individual tapes but make sure you by one called Learn & Burn... it teaches you the moves and comes with a short workout to get you started. The kit has more so you can move into more difficult workouts as you progress. I've already moved up one. It also gives you a calendar to follow if your not sure which order to do the workouts in.

Pear - I was cracking up at the poo stories!! Reminds me of the time DS was sick and DH picked him up out of bed and DS puked on DH's head. It was a friggin RIOT!!!!

Hey to everyone else!!! Gotta go Turbo Jam!!!

Last edited by poppyseeds; 10-21-2008 at 06:46 PM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:45 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 224/208/145

Height: 5ft 5 in

I am going to get the Wii fit program for Christmas and can't wait to start it !!!
LCpanther1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:57 PM   #22  

Hi LC!! The Wii fit sounds like fun! I know some of the girls here have it and love it!! Congrats on your losses so far!!

Welcome to the group!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:53 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all...looking at your guys posts make me wonder about having kids LOL...j/k. Ive been pretty supper busy and worn out. Work has been crazy. The eating/exercising has been pathetic. I need to get back into..i know i feel better when i'm doing it.

as for the discussion of muscle soreness...i always take ibuprophen just because its what's in the house. I only take it if its very sore. Make sure you drink lots of water and i always tell people to do light work outs of the same muscle group the next day...it helps break down the lactic acid that is causing the sorenes....as for the motrin..i'm going to be the research person coming out. i'd like to see more than that one study to prove motrin is not good...here's why...first not all research transfers to human med. Second looking at that study...its actually a relatively small group...only 8 animals per group. Yes the p value was <0.05 which means it is statistically significant...but since i've done research (i had to do a research/these for my masters) its a very small group when you are talking about medical. So if i'd see more research in similar areas..i might be more readily sold on it. But if that's the only abstract out there..it doesn't sell me. Sorry but i see way too much research that people study that have limit n groups (number of animals in the study). So in theory it may be correct...but if that's the only article that everyone is using to determine motrin=bad...i'm not sold on it...that's just my two cents though. ok...the geek will now shut up (:

hope everyone is doing better than me on the weight loss..night all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:46 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5'4"

Wifey--Yay! I'm glad you had a good time at Coldplay. I'm curious too... what is your all-time fave concert?

Happy evening, all!

I find myself struggling to eat well and exercise on the days that my bf has off from work. (I ate three pieces of fried chicken and a small serving of mac-n-cheese for dinner tonight! I feel so bad for that and NOT doing some sort of exercise.)

Does anyone know any truth that it's good to "treat" yourself once in a while so that it kind of kicks your metabolism a little?

I was thinking of getting the Turbo Jam too. It looks fun!
blackdove95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:49 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

blackdove...i don't know about the whole "kicking metabolism to do it" but what i will tell you is if you don't occasionally treat yourself to something you like...soemtimes you will go nuts and "go off the wagon" so to speak. Although i'm probably not the best for advice right now since i'm being a slacker...but what i can tell you is when i was doing really well, working hard and watching what i ate...i included occasional chocolate or an occasional "bad meal"
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:08 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I'm all for jumping off the wagon occasionally. Today I had a small piece of one of the best chocolate cakes I have ever tasted. It was so worth it.

I take Advil for all my pains. I don't know what it does to your muscles, but I have heard that it is really hard on your liver. And it thins your blood. It really does help with my pain though. My hubby claims that it doesn't do anything for him.

I have downgraded my exercising to walking lately. I have a cold and it is just too hard to run and I can do a little longer so I am hoping this doesn't make it harder for me to go back to running.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:55 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, guys! I figured it was important to treat once in a while.
blackdove95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:45 AM   #28  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Well, while Jillian never claims to be a medical professional, I take her advice a lot. And rarely do I think she's wrong. Now, she's getting her info from the trade mags and what have you, so things do change from time to time. That all said, I have been known in the past to take a lot of "headache/pain" meds for stuff, so I'm trying to get through any workout pain on my own. Of course, if it's really bad, then I'll get something, but overall, most pain is something that can be toughed out I think.
Just my thoughts on it. If nothing else, I'm trying to slowly but surely keep my system as clean as possible.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:53 AM   #29  

I take advil... I mean... if I'm not thin, my blood might as well be. Ya know??

ROFL!!!!

I don't care who ya are... that's funny...
Old 10-22-2008, 08:54 AM   #30  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppyseeds View Post
I take advil... I mean... if I'm not thin, my blood might as well be. Ya know??

ROFL!!!!

I don't care who ya are... that's funny...
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote