Old 10-21-2008, 08:03 AM   #1  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Smile 30-Something Chat, Oct. 21st

Morning ladies!

I started Jillian's 30-Day Shred last night and it was hard! But, I pushed myself through and was proud of that. I'm a bit sore this morning, but not much surprisingly. I thought I would feel it more first thing, but no.

Anyway, hope you all are having a good morning.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning all!!

Ranger... take two advils and call me in the morning! LOL I wasn't sore from Turbo Jam until after the 2nd day. Then my abs were on fire!!! I did the 20 minute last night and I felt great when I got done. I love the punching and kicking to the music. I just imagine my bosses face when I punch and kick and the time just flies by!! Usually workouts tapes are boring but this is the first workout that I am actually disappointed when the dvd is done. I love it!

The countdown is on for my exit from the hellhole. One of the girls at work said she didn't understand why I gave them two weeks. She felt an email would have been sufficient!!!! ROFLMAO!!! I should mention that this big talker has been there for 23 years!!!! No thanks. You'd have to be a little mental yourself to be there for 23 years... GEEZ!!! LOL

Well have a fab day all!! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:14 AM   #3  
Believe it, be it

Poppy- you should add a countdown in your sig!

And, Jillian Michaels has said to keep away from advil and that sort of thing after a workout. It has been shown to work against you buy not allowing the muscles to repair themselves properly. She tells her contestants to work through the pain. I do think she recommends aspirin if it's really bad, but nothing like advil. Anyway, it's my legs mostly, I think I can handle it.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:16 AM   #4  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

Morning all. Did my 30 day shred day two this morning - ouch!! I cannot even come close to the push-ups but am close on almost everything else. Then I went for the worst run in history. About 10 minutes into I realize I lost my Nike Ipod thingy so I ended up having to run in circles until I finally found it. The route I took went by the park so my son kept whining the whole time about going to the park. And then my dog (who will never go on another run with me again) was scared of everything so I ended up having to pull her along half the time. I quit 5 minutes early and just wanted to scream. But now I know - no running by parks and no bringing the dog.

Well, off to work. I am sure I will check in as soon as I get there.
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:24 AM   #5  
Believe it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by asparagus4sale View Post
Morning all. Did my 30 day shred day two this morning - ouch!! I cannot even come close to the push-ups but am close on almost everything else. Then I went for the worst run in history. About 10 minutes into I realize I lost my Nike Ipod thingy so I ended up having to run in circles until I finally found it. The route I took went by the park so my son kept whining the whole time about going to the park. And then my dog (who will never go on another run with me again) was scared of everything so I ended up having to pull her along half the time. I quit 5 minutes early and just wanted to scream. But now I know - no running by parks and no bringing the dog.

Well, off to work. I am sure I will check in as soon as I get there.
Sounds like a disaster workout. Heh. J/K
Seriously though, good for you. Especially in doing day two this morning. Wow. I'm doing it tonight before I watch The Biggest Loser.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #6  
Thin girl escaping

S/C/G: 212/203/140

Height: 5'5"

Afternoon All

Poppy - I am supposed to give 3 months notice when I finally find the right job they'll be lucky if they get one!!!!

Ranger - no painkiller stops the muscle from repairing it just makes them easier to use when they are in pain!!!! It sounds like a great work out, we can't get biggest loser over here anymore - I do miss it. I've tried watching it online but that's even blocked.

Asparagus - Your workout sounds like something out of a comedy, you'll laugh about it later!!!!

The chocolate monster is still lurking for me, managing to keep him at arms reach for the moment. I'm sat at my desk with a litre bottle of water (almost empty) to keep myself topped up!!!

I can't wait for work to finish, going to pick up my kitten, he is a ginger tom and at present is called Tilly!!! (they thought he was a girl!) I've seen lots of photos but not seen him in the flesh so not sure what his new name will be! aparently he is a little monster and is into everything!!!!!

Have a great day everyone keep up the fantasic workouts

oh2bthintoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

It's getting really cold around here in the morning now! Heavy layer of frost this AM! Ugh...I'm soo not ready for winter. (And yes, I will whine my way through it!)

I'm currently trying to avoid the chocolate on my desk. Thankfully everyone around me is aware it is there and is making it disappear quickly! :lol

Have a great day!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:10 AM   #8  
Believe it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh2bthintoo View Post
Ranger - no painkiller stops the muscle from repairing it just makes them easier to use when they are in pain!!!! It sounds like a great work out, we can't get biggest loser over here anymore - I do miss it. I've tried watching it online but that's even blocked.
Actually, the thought on that has changed. Check this out:
http://www.roughgroove.com/2006/11/a...le-growth.html
Old 10-21-2008, 10:21 AM   #9  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hello All!
Stopping in real quick... as I need to head out... like 10 minutes ago.

You can tell Fall is full blown now. No more warm mornings or afternoons. Now we need to wear our fall coats. Try telling your youngest that yes, it does feel a bit bunchy when buckled into the carseat, but w/o one on, you'd be cold. Especially when we do our early morning errands. I can't wait to see what he'll do when the Winter coats are our only choice of outerwear. Carseat Dramas here we come...

So off to the gym and some Urgent Errands that I was just notified about via the phone moments ago. Love leaving the gym all sweaty and doing errands.

Well I am off... I'll do personals later
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:54 AM   #10  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

I wish I could watch Biggest Loser - bleh. Stupid NBC and Time Warner and their stupid contract fights. I do watch on-line but they only put up every other show.

It is still warm enough here (61 this morning, a high in the 80's during the day) but I am wondering what I should do as it gets colder. Is it too hard to run outside in the cold?
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:54 AM   #11  
Thin girl escaping

S/C/G: 212/203/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerChic View Post
Actually, the thought on that has changed. Check this out:
http://www.roughgroove.com/2006/11/a...le-growth.html
Hi Ranger - thanks for this, it's research that I ahven't heard of, I recommend Ibuprofen meds all ths time to employees will have to look into this in more depth.
oh2bthintoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Okay, you win. Can I buy Turbo-Jam and the 30-Day shred at Wal-mart? I fought you, I really tried. I though I didn't want to look silly, jumping around the den in my spandex, but I realized it's going to be hard jogging in the snow. I'm ready to join you, gals.

Asparagus, I'm sorry your running companions were so disagreeable. Hopefully, they will get used to it, so you can keep taking them.

Oh2bethin, Congrats on the kitty. Cats are the best!

Pear, It is cold. I'm going to go out and pick all my tomatoes. Maybe I'll have enough to can! And then I'm going to unpack all the rest of the winter clothes.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:32 AM   #13  
Believe it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by asparagus4sale View Post
I wish I could watch Biggest Loser - bleh. Stupid NBC and Time Warner and their stupid contract fights. I do watch on-line but they only put up every other show.
If I can get my DVDR working (I'm usually good at tech stuff like this, but haven't given it a lot of attention like I should), I wouldn't mind recording it for those of you who want to see the eps. Have to see how that goes...
Old 10-21-2008, 12:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies!

O.M.G. Coldplay was A-FREAKIN-MAZING!!!
They played 2 songs near my section so they were less than 20ft away...I almost died and almost lost my voice from all the screaming and singing I was doing!!!

It was the 2nd best concert I've EVER been too!!

How is everyone doing on this (dismal, rainy in Ottawa) Tuesday??
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello every !
just a quick stop to say hi to all!
I am running like a chicken w/out a head today

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote