3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   Week Of April 14th!!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/15301-week-april-14th.html)

lyssalou 04-17-2002 04:04 PM

Spring is here!! It is always in the 70's and 80's and some 90's here!!! Just like where Pryia said, we have only 2 seasons, but ours are Summer, and February! Construction is year round here!!

Well, well, I guess RR will be leaving us for another board with people in her condition. :smug: I just hope she will check in with us once in a while to let us know how they are doing. Keep us posted, prayers are headed your way!!!

Elisa - that is definitely an accomplishment. We all need to eat for life, not just to lose weight. I do think one of the problems facing most weight loosers is not going back to the way they ate before. Dr. Dean Ornish said on Oprah that you should be able to be on your plan 80% of the time, and off of it 20%, and still lose weight. You definitely deserve applause. Keep it up, and you will get skinny, and stay that way.

Tech - congrats to you and dh!! Good luck with the pet!!!

LBH - glad you got the key to keep you cool.

Nanci - I hope you are having a better day today!!!

Pyria - Cool, time off. Does this mean you will have extra computer time? Oh, wait, you will be going to the game tonight? Beer, and Brat!!! Hope you enjoy it!!!

Well, I think my depression stemmed from the worst case of PMS ever. Which would make sense if fat cells really do release estrogen as they collapse and I have lost more weight in the last three months than I have lost in my life. I have never gotten serious enough about loosing weight than to loose more than 10 lbs. before I started gaining again.

I think I am coming to the point where I am ready to exercise again. I have some ideas to spice up my routine, and I think I have an idea as to when I can do it. So hopefully tomorrow morning, I can give it a try.

Hope the rest of you are doing good! Have a great day!

BaileySG 04-17-2002 05:15 PM

Sorry girls, but I did NOT win 325 million dollars. I was so looking forward to that CRUISE I was going to take us all on to get acquainted!

You guys were my inspiration yesterday. I had written into my weekly plan that I would have my first day of "marathon" training Wendesday or thursday. After reading Liz had run her 1st 5K in Dec and seeing Lyssa's new "just do it" attitude, I decided to start RIGHT THEN. I went to a running website and found a "9 weeks to a 5K plan" and read the first 2 weeks. Then I got changed and did my stretching. Unfortunately, when I went to put on my sneakers, I couldn't find them, so I guess I will have to start tomorrow.

JUST KIDDING!! I went and dug those sneakers out of the car, leashed up the beast and did 1 mile (plan for day 1). I was pretty much right were I thought I would be. I can run about 3/4 of it, but have to keep stopping to catch my breath (must quit smoking). My first minigoal is to be able to RUN the 3/4 mile strut your mutt for cancer on April 29th.

The big problem? I almost killed the dog! Not even kidding, he is so out of shape he panted for at least 40 minutes after we finished (we only walked/ran for 13 minutes!) and drooled about a gallon's worth in thick slimy slingers which are now all over the house. I was honestly getting very worried about him. Then, he came around. Guess I will have to leave him home when I do MY training and get a little extra exercise when I take him out for HIS training. I feel like such a loser. I mean, it is one thing to let MYSELF get to this state, but a 3 year old large breed dog not being able to do a mile in 13 minutes? Very sad!

Pryia: 9 days op - way to go! You are on quite a roll!

Lizzard: Sorry no spa trip.

Elisa: YEAY on the 2 lbs - you are doing so great and not giving up! It looks like it is going to be a slow painful process, but you can do it! I know what you mean about a comfort weight - I am really about 3 lbs away from mine - can't wait! It is so amazing how everything is connected - I feel that if I keep up with flylady, I will not constantly be running around thinking "I have to clean the house, declutter, do paperwork, laundry, etc." That just all gets done with relatively little effort and seems routine. This gives me more time to shop wisely, plan a financial plan, etc which will save us $ to get out of debt and buy a house. It also gives me time to look for jobs, which will help us to be happier, get out of debt...You see where I am going here.

Property around here is insane. My sister just moved from atlanta where they had a beautiful old home in a nice neighborhood. They were planning to downsize and give up the yard and were hoping to spend about 300-350. HAH. They DID downsize and lose the yard, but to a tune of 675 thousand. BF's ex wife is refusing to move out of the house and sell it, although it was ordered in the divorce decree. He (thankfully) has no plans to her and their dd evicted. Unfortunately, she is not paying the morgage either, although we send HALF of bf's takehome in child support (dd has severe CP and is having quite a tough time). So, now the home, which is in his name, is in forclosure, so it will be about 5 years at least before he will qualify for anything. With my salary and my credit rating (which is not too bad, but not perfect) I only qualify for a loan of about 175. With 20 thousand down (the absolute best we can do) that gives us just under 200 to work with. Around here, that means studio or at best 1 br condo. Most don't take pets. The ones that do usually have a weight limit - usually about the toy poodle level - our guy is 3-4 times these limits!! We can't even fake it when it is a 50 lb limit, which most people with "big" dogs can get away with. So, then we are left with the bad neighborhoods or the huge commutes - maybe since I didn't win the lottery, my fairy godmother will send down the perfect housing option!

Sorry to go on there. I have "Yoga for weight loss" with suzanne deason which I really like. It has all kinds of modifications, so you can do it no matter where you are starting. But it can also be hard even for people who are in shape. Works on strength, balance and flexibility. I also have Denise Austin power yoga/pilates (20 min of each on 1 tape). She bothers me, but I like the exercises she does. Unfortunately, she does not show modifications, so you have to do the best you can and be careful not to injure yourself. I have only done this one once and overdid it (read home from work 4 days later with back strain). But if you are careful, I think it is a good one. I also liked the old buns of steel series. Don't have the old one, just the new. The buns one is pretty good - don't really like the abs one.

Lyssa: You left out one of the best lines of the song (they are all good) "tune in to the AFIRMATIVE!!!" So cool about the tv show. I like the get up and do it attitude! Sorry things are difficult with the parents. LOL - super-bailey knows the goals are ambitious and actually does not plan to meet them (at least no time soon) but rather to have them all written down so she can plan baby step goals and work towards them. (THEN SHOULDN"T I GET UP OFF MY FRANNY AND BE DOING SOMETHING thinks bailey) Good luck with the exercise.

www.heptune.com/lyrics/accenttc.html

TECH: Did ya win? Can you take us to the spa? Congrats on the loss. Hope you are journaling!?!:s:

LBH: Glad you sloved the AC situation!

RR: Gosh - dec 15th is such a wonderful day!! I get a little teary when I think about this. You are in my prayers. How wonderful!

Nanci: I find I feel less guilty when I pick a fight with bf due to crankiness if I follow my nasty cranky comments with the following "And I am sorry that I am in a bad mood and being so nasty". Helps me. Don't know if it helps him though... Hope you are feeling better and dh is understanding (and out of your way!)

elisa822 04-17-2002 07:05 PM

Bailey - quick question for you - what website was it with the 9 week plan to running a 5k, I would love to try that. I've tried in the past with little success but since it's spring (and I do own a treadmill) this might be a good time to try again. I'm also breaking out the bike, taking it for a tune up and hoping that with a few different activities I won't get so bored with exercise. It's also almost tennis time too!!

Also, thanks to everyone for all the kind words and encouragement!

Elisa

BaileySG 04-17-2002 07:28 PM

Tennis sounds great - haven't played in years though would need to buy a racket....

I posted the web site on the thread I started about running a 5 k, but did not post it here - sorry! it is

running.about.com/cs/forbeginners

It is in there as something like 9 weeks to a 5k, along with a lot of other good stuff. Join me on the other thread if you do it!

Pryia 04-17-2002 11:04 PM

Quick update!

Karen and I are still OP---DAY 10.

Karen is having problems getting on the board.

Night

:wave:

RoadRunner 04-18-2002 04:50 AM

Bailey--My goal was to do a half marathon--The training programs are great!!!!I finally did one in 1hr 45 minutes...Of course, I want to move on to a Marathon, but must wait for that one!!!

The weather is very warm here in the 80's!!!We will have a very hot summer!!!!
WEll, off to dress for work!!!Have a great day all!!!!
Vicki

LBH 04-18-2002 09:32 AM

Hi All,

HEY, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY NANCI!!! :hb: I thought I remembered it being someone's birthday in April, so I scrolled through the calendar to find out who!! :lol: Hope you had a good one!!

StraitLover 04-18-2002 02:19 PM

I'm back! Whew!

Go away for a few days, and y'all write a book!! :D Hope I can catch up!

I was super busy Monday, and was sick Tuesday and Wednesday. My first official sinus headache/attack, I guess. Started out w/ a stabbing pain in my left eye that woke me up at 3AM Tueasday that eventually spread from eyebrow down to my teeth. Had a fever and felt nauseous, too, so after I got my urgent business done here @ work, went back home. Wed, the pain was some better, but I still had a bit of a fever and throat pain on the right side, so i stayed home another day. Today, I just have the throat pain and a headache, so i came back. if the throat doesn't get better by tomorrow, i am going to the doc. It feels like when I used to get tonsilitis every 6 weeks, but my tonsils are now gone (removed when I was 18). Can you get tonsilitis w/o tonsils???? :dizzy:

Found out yesterday that I am getting a small inheritance from a close family friend who just passed away. I sure will miss him. :cry: I know NC does not have inheritance taxes, but does anyone know if I have to pay income tax on it? I know I'm an accountant, but I'm not a tax accountant!!!:p I don;t think so, but I want to make sure.

I don;t ahve time to respond to everyone (esp since there are tons 'o messages!) but I did want to single 2 out:

Karen and Pryia - woo hoo on staying OP!!!

Lauren - about the A/C - if the controller is in another apartment, whose electric meter is the A/C hooked up to??? Seems to me if there is only one thermostat then there is only one unit. If that's the case, then it seems that that one aparment w/ the thermostat would be paying for everybody's A/C use, which is not fair. Now if your rent includes electricity rather than you getting a separate bill for it, then it all comes out in the wash. Might be something you ought to look into. Or, now that I think about it, you might just be talking about the on/off switch for the main unit and not the thermostat and I am just stupid????

Everyone keep up the good work!

Later!
Lisa

lizzard_h 04-18-2002 02:49 PM

No spa trip. Bummer. :( I saw that cute girl on the news claiming 1/3rd this morning and I was hoping it was you Bailey (I know...she's only in her 20's but I was thinking maybe Bailey's lieing to us about her age). :D :D A girl can dream, can't she??

I don't have time to respond to everyone but just wanted to let you know that I'm feeling really good this week. I don't know what's up -- I guess I'm at the peak of the month. I've been easily staying OP with eating and having great workouts and still following my daily goals. I hope this good vibe stays for awhile.

It sounds like most everyone else is doing great too. I'll go thru all the posts and try to reply to everyone tomorrow. Everyone but me has gone home for the day so I'm sitting here by myself wondering why??

I'm outta here........

KarenK 04-18-2002 04:21 PM

HI I'M BACK!! Finally. I decided to update my email address and WHEW!!! What a fiasco. My internet provider decided to block all email from 3FatChicks 'casue it looked similar to a spammer's. So I wasn't getting my confirmation emails OR the emails from Suzanne when I was asking for help. She was able to reset me from her end to get me back on. THANKS SUZANNE!!! Also thanks to Pryia for running interferance along with DH. I was in severe withdrawal!!

Nanci: http://www.scubaboard.com/images/smilies/birthday.gif
Hope it was a wonderful one!!

Not a lot to say tonight. So far I am OP for day 11. Last night we ordered a small pizza from Dominos and four slices = 2 regular slices!! We felt like we were being bad 'cause we ate the whole thing, but we weren't that bad!! We are going out tonight for my last no-class night. I am planning to have chicken even though we are going to the Outback. I have enjoyed this week off so much. I'm a little sad to go back! I will be glad when this is over.
:^:

I got my order from Natural Ovens today. I got some oatmeal raisin cookies that are OK. They are 1 pt each and a bit dry in the beginning, but after you got used to, it tasted pretty good. I'm not crazy about raisins tho. I am going to freeze them and see how they are.http://scubaboard.com/images/smilies/bandsmlz.gif

LBH 04-18-2002 05:01 PM

Hi All,

Lisa- Our situation is a little different. We are living in a one family house, but it's a bi-level. If you know how they're set up, if you walk in the front door, you're on the landing and you either go up 6 stairs or down 6 stairs. The owners, who live a few doors down, put a door that locks on both sides at the bottom of the down stairs. The house is set up to be a mother/daughter. We live downstairs, but the A/C thermostat is upstairs. There's only one furnace, one A/C unit...unfortunately the A/C unit is not in the furnace room...which is downstairs! The heat is set up in zones, so we can control our own heat, but the A/C is not set up in zones. :( Right now there is no one living upstairs. When there is, it's just in the master bedroom/bath...the person does not have use of the rest of the upstairs. The owners had started renovating it, and put a new kitchen in, but it's not complete. They basically use all the upstairs, except that MBR/BA as storage for their crap!! Someone will be moving into that room mid-May or so, and they intend to rent out one other bedroom also. They rent them to interns and such from local companies. Like the guy that will be moving in is a college student that will be a summer associate at DH's firm. He'll move out in August when he goes back to school. The owners told us they consider downstairs the main apt., and if we have any problems, we take priority. Unfortunately we're discovering that they don't care about taking care of this house!! The screen on the sliders in bent, but they said they had someone look at it and they'd have to replace the whole unit and don't want to...so we suffer with a door that is very difficult to close. A couple of the windows, which are old double-hungs, don't close right, because they're bent, and we can't open them because the bees come in!! It's a bunch of little stuff that adds up to a lot of aggravation. If it gets worse, I'm just gonna tell them, look, you've gotta clean this place up, or I'm reporting you. And then they'll get in trouble for renting it out like that probably!!

Wow, didn't mean to ramble soo much there!! :lol: Sorry!!

Karen- You & Pryia are doing soo great, 11 Days OP!! Where did you get those cool little smilies?!

TechAlum 04-18-2002 06:02 PM

Hello,

Just wanted to pop in quick and say that yesterday was my first day OP!!!!! :D and I'm well on my way to completing day 2!!!!

Well I was over on points a couple, but I got in all my water, exercised and wrote everything down which are my mini goals for the next couple of weeks, I'll add other stuff as I conqure these.

Don't have time to respond to all, I've gotta go start dinner because I'm really hungry and don't want to get to the point I overeat :( .

Talk at you all later (and keep your fingers crossed I will FINALLY get my car back tomorrow)

- Tech :T

KarenK 04-18-2002 07:19 PM

I LOVE BEING ABLE TO POST AGAIN!!!!!!!
http://www.scubaboard.com/images/smilies/cuddles.gif

Well, we went to Outback and I ended up only having a 7 point dinner!! I thought the salmon was 7 points for 3 ounces and when I got home and looked it up its 7 for 6 ounces!! And I only ate half of it. So, that means that I have 6-13 points left for dessert. I LOVE it when I make mistakes like that. http://www.scubaboard.com/images/smilies/dance.gif

Lauren: www.scubaboard.com/images/smilies for the smilies. There are some really cool ones. If you want to use them you have to put them in an image tag (use the image button) and use the scubaboard URL, at the end put the name of the smilie. You find the name by right clicking on the one you like and selecting properties. (ie: http://www.scubaboard.com/images/smilies/bunny.gif)

Tech: WAY TO GO!!http://www.scubaboard.com/images/smilies/cheering.gif

OK, gotta go for now. Have a good evening!!

http://www.scubaboard.com/images/smilies/bunny.gif

Pryia 04-18-2002 09:16 PM

Really quick

Really quick--- day 11 OP is done.

Sorry I can't stay!! Lightening out!

RoadRunner 04-18-2002 09:46 PM

Good Evening all!!!
Everything I am not gonna say anything about...is going great!!!My blood work is doubling perfect and I am now on Aspirin daily per md orders....:smug: :smug: Just praying and keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!!!!
Vicki