3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   Week Of April 14th!!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/15301-week-april-14th.html)

Pryia 04-16-2002 12:37 AM

Hi!

Just a quick post. It is late and I am tired. But I wanted to let you know I finished DAY 8 OP. It was a struggle this morning. But I did it.

Nice things I did:
Drank all my water
Stayed within my points
Walked for 30 min. during lunch
Bought some fruit at lunch-did not eat will use tomorrow
When stressed out tonight--did my dishes instead of eating off of them
Talk to my mom

lizzard_h 04-16-2002 08:23 AM

Bailey,
If you win the $325 Mill will you pay for us all to get together at some fancy health spa????? :D

I'm pulling for ya!!!

elisa822 04-16-2002 09:03 AM

Hi Everyone!

Well I managed to lose the 2 pounds that I had mysteriously (or maybe not so mysteriously gained a week ago) but I'm still in the 150's (are you tired of hearing this yet?). I'm still struggling along and yesterday at work they decided to spring pizza and cake on us, after I had already eaten a healthy salad for lunch! I had the smallest piece of pizza I could find and skipped the cake so I was quite proud of myself. I mean pizza and cake - does it get any better than that?? If I ever see 140something on the scale I may pass out but I'll try to stay conscious long enough to post and let you know. Even though my personal goal is for about 135 I know I'll at least be content if I stay in the 140's for a while because it's a weight that I don't feel fat at if you know what I mean.

Bailey - loved your post about your goals. Spring does that to me too and I feel so energized. I've been following flylady for quite a while and I totally just pick and chose what I want to do. I mostly use her for tips and motivation. I've been really working on the decluttering and it feels great. I'm also looking for a new job, get my husband out of his credit card debt and buy a house. They're all related aren't they? Here, where I want to live, you can't buy anything decent for much less than $300,000 - isn't that insane?? I could move farther from the city to get more for my money but then my travel time to work could go up to an hour to an hour and half each way and that's crazy. Or I could live in some of the less desirable areas - no thanks. Sucks.

Related to Bailey's post about yoga - here's a question for everyone. Could everyone please post if they have a favourite exercise video and what it is and why they like it. I have a few tapes at home and I mostly exercise at the gym but sometimes it would be nice to do a quick workout at home but when I go look at tapes, it's overwhelming. This way if everyone says which ones they like maybe we can all find some great new tapes. I'll check and see if I have anything good at home.

Sorry this has taken me so long I don't have time to respond to everyone but congratulations on all the losses and the people who are staying OP!! It's so nice to hear.

Have a great day,
Elisa

lyssalou 04-16-2002 10:42 AM

Just a note of interest:

I learned the old song I quoted from the show "Home Front" that came on in the early 90's. Did any of you ever watch it? It was a show based on a small town after WW2. Well, that show is very special to me, and I was devistated when they canceled it. You see, while the show though it was set somewhere in Ohio or somewhere like that, it was actually based on Conroe, TX. And the war bride from France was actually based on dh's step-grandmother. One of the producers of the show grew up and was best friends with dh's step-mom. I have to say, that dh's step-grandmother really deserves to have a character based on her because she is a dear character her self.

Anyway, I think it is cool, and it is the closeset I have ever come to knowing Hollywood types.

lizzard_h 04-16-2002 11:14 AM

First off to everyone, great job on the losses and staying on plan!! You're a wonderful inspiration!! :D

I managed to stay OP yesterday but barely (thank goodness for exercise points). I was really tired and had a headache so I had a tough time with willpower. I'm feeling much better today. In regards to the pup, I think after our July vacation we will spend some time watching the pounds to see if they have anything and if after awhile we don't find something we like we'll look at getting a purebreed. Knowing me I will fall in love with someone within five minutes of walking thru the door.

Pry, I have a copy of the WW Points system and I use that to control my eating habits. At the gym I sort of do my own plan – 3 days a week I do 60 min of cardio, 2 days I do 30 min cardio and 40 min lower and upper weight training. I change it up a lot so I don’t get too bored. All 5 days I do at least ten min of ab work and stretching. I’m always trying new strategies and new exercises.

KarenK, your hike sounds like so much fun!! I miss have wooded hilly areas to hike in but I’m happy with the beaches (even though I rarely get there). Congrats on the loss!!

Lauren, how’s the ants? Hopefully your exterminator took care of things.

Nanci, I’m sending some FL sunshine your way!! It’s hot and humid here. Spring is gone already and Summer is raring it’s head. Congrats on fitting into the pants.

Rabbit, have fun and good luck with the new store.

Bailey, come on down!! I know what you mean. We go thru a short rainy season here and I get really lazy and depressed when the sun is missing for a few days. I guess we’re like flowers – we go into hiding and wilt during the winter and during spring we are reborn and refreshed again. What kind of Jeep do you have?? I have a purple Jeep Wrangler – had it for five years and love it!! Good luck with all of your goals. The Boston Marathon???? You’re gonna need some morphine when you’re done with that!! I think I’m gonna try and do some 5K’s and 10K’s this year. I ran my first ever 5K last December. It felt so awesome!!! My only goal was to not be last and I was about 4th from last – but I was happy!!

Lys, I’m with Bailey – find what works best for you. I’m sorry DH influenced your exercise plan. Just regroup and rethink things and do what you need to do. Of course your plan isn’t going to work for him. DH and I go to the gym together but we separate as soon as we walk in the door. He has a completely different way of doing things than I do. I set my own pace and it works for me. Sometimes he’ll tease me and say that my workout is way too easy but you know what – I make it to the gym every morning. He’ll go gung-ho until he hurts himself and then whines for a week about his shoulder or knee, etc. Men!! :lol:

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!

TechAlum 04-16-2002 01:45 PM

Hello All,

Just stopping in real quick. I want to stop by more often so that I don't get so far behind. It's really warm here right now, but that's supposed to change tomorrow. K came home from KY and we walked the dog's today but forgot not to exercise at noon because it's too hot!!! Oh well at least we did someting.

WW is tonight and I have no clue how it will go. I am going to start journaling tomorrow (I know don't put off 'til tomorrow what you can do today), I think I need a clean start (again :lol: ).

Liz - Sounds like a plan on the dog thing. You cracked me up about the exercise thing with your DH. K and I don't have that problem but I always went through that with my dad when I was still at home and no matter how I tried to convince him that he'd do better with slow and steady, it never worked, maybe it's a guy thing.

Elisa - can't help on the exercise video since I don't exercise which is the main part of my problem :D . Hang in there they say the last pounds are the hardest, and I'm sure you'll get there eventually.

Baily - you can't have the $325 mil it's mine. :lol: Actually I'd be happy to share :D. Good luck on the rest of your goals.

Pyria - Congrats on day 8.

Lyssa - Good luck figuring out a program that works for you, and don't worry about what DH says, everyone needs there own lifestyle, you just need to understand each others. About the exercise, I don't have kids so this may be way off in which case ignore it, but have you thought about involving them in your exercise? Maybe go to the park and ride bikes if you have them, or to the zoo and walk around, or just out in the yard playing catch. I don't know, i just know when my mom became a lifetime member of WW ages ago I remember going with her to exercise, I just didn't look at it as exercise at the time, but as fun stuff. (sorry, didn't mean to ramble on)

Nanci - Good luck getting over the birthday blues, and good luck with the job thing, I certainly understand being in a job you don't like anymore, that's what's made it so hard to go back after getting laid off last fall.

Karen - 2.5 lbs :eek: , congrats on hanging in there for day 8, I always have problems after a big loss.

LBH - How are you doing? Did the exterminator have good news?

RR - Busy, Busy, Busy. Hope you're having a good week.

Sorry to write a novel, I'll stop back when I find out how WI goes. Have a great day all!!

- Tech :cool:

LBH 04-16-2002 02:33 PM

Hi All,

The exterminator had to go to his day job for OT, a boiler at the school he works at burst, and the place was flooded!! He's coming Saturday morning now. But the ants are still under control. The Combat traps are working because we found a bunch of them dead in the corner of the kitchen and on the baseboard in the living room...two of the trouble spots. So we're under control for now!

According to www.weather.com it's 87 degrees here at work, and 90 at home today!! :eek: That's just ]not right for around here in April!! Where's Spring?!?! I have to speak to the landlord about the A/C. We have central air, but the control is upstairs and since nobody's living there right now, we can't turn it on without the landlord letting us in!! I don't know how we're gonna work it, because we'll want it on, but it will cost a lot because there's not separate zones. Everytime something like this comes up, I don't like living there more and more. The yard is really the only advantage. It would be nice to be able to turn it on for a little while after work, but then turn it off at night, ya' know?!

Oh, gotta run, have a great afternoon all!!

lyssalou 04-16-2002 03:21 PM

ok, I have a few minutes to actually post!! I am so grateful that Noggin has made their little kids shows to stay on longer. Dk's age 4&5 are watching "Maisy". :)

LBH - good luck staying cool.

Tech - I know what you mean about getting behind when you don't stop in frequently!! Since I've been out lately I miss everything, and don't have time to respond. I wished I could take my kids exercising, but because the Little ones are 4 & 5, it is hard to actually exercise when we go places. I worked out a routine I could do while they were watching tv. Dh and I agreed that if I just pushed myself harder in what I worked out, it would do me some good. So, I think I will give it a try again. I know that I will never make it truely successful if I don't just get up and do it.

Liz - you are way too cool!!! You are so dedicated to exercise. You are an inspiration to me. And it is cool that you got whistled at no matter who it was by. I bet that even though you are above your target weight, with all the exercise you do you must look really great. Just think once your clothes fall off of you (back to your dream from months ago) you will really get whistles:o

Elisa - I didn't even feel that fat in my 150's. The last time I dieted (before the babies were born) I actually got back into my 150's, and it felt great!! Just keep at it and you will end up back in your 140's!

Pryia - You are doing so good!! This is your time, you will get it now!!! Keep it up, and you will be a skinny mini!!! I have faith in you!!!

Baily - Thanks for the words of encouragement!!! I unfortunately don't have the sort of relationship with my parents that would allow me to "stand up to" them. I have tried before, and they just say I'm the one with the problem, and they aren't to blame. They convieniently tell me that they never did or said what ever it was that I am trying to stand up to them about. I need to learn to deal with my life with out them, and to learn from the ways they have hurt me, so I don't hurt my kids in the same way. About those goals of yours, did you just get super powers, and forget to tell us. :lol: They are great goals, they just sound a little ambitious!! But I am sure you will be successful with everyone of those goals!! And I agree with Liz!!! If you win the $300 million, will you get us all together so we can actually meet. I would love to have faces to put with the names!!!

Karen - You are doing really good with staying op. :wave: (would have prefered applause, but this is as close as I can get!) Keep it up.

Nanci - WTG! on the pants!!!That is too cool!!!

Just a note on my progress, I am still hanging around 165, but I noticed to day that my "double chin" is disappearing. That is a nice feeling.

RoadRunner 04-16-2002 08:50 PM

GOod Evening!!!!!
Just another quickie before I go to bed!!!!I am a sleepy one here!!!
Bailey-Hmmm....BMW almost definately out!!!!:D :D I think I will have to stick with the Durango- room for 8 vehicle- at this point in my life!!!Would love a jeep, but hopefully, that is out too!!!!:smug:

Everyone is just posting away!!!I am heading to the healthclub tomorrow after work!!Today was 2-job-Tuesday soo I didnt go!!!
Have a great evening!!!
Congrats to the losers soo far!!!I havent weighed in a while and I must keep it that way!!!!!

Pryia 04-16-2002 10:19 PM

Day 9 check in!

Ok not only have I posted for the last 9 days I have also stayed OP! I am really PROUD of myself.

Work is busy, but I have tomorrow afternoon off and Thursday afternoon off. :dizzy:

The weather here has been perfect. Warm and Sunny!! Just the way I want to see it. Suppose to cool down in the 70's tomorrow. I can not believe we are actually having a spring. Wisconsin only has 2 seasons. Cold and road construction.

Sorry not repling to everyone. But I am tired. Came home and stayed outside all night. Now time to get some zzzzzzzzzA

:wave:

Backfor 2002 04-17-2002 12:19 AM

Hi all,

Just wanted to pop in and say that everyone is doing AWESOMSE! I am so proud of all of us.

I am so cranky and Bit##& that I will not stick around here long. I do not want the mood to rub off on anyone. I just picked a fight with DH for no reason other than I am CRANKY! Man I feel like a moron, does anyone else do that? Please tell me that I am not the only one.

This is my last complaint of the night. I am so JEALOUS of all of you that are having the AWESOME weather. I need ome of it. Karen aren't you from OR? Is it as bad your way as it is here?

Ok I am heading to bed to put everyone out of their misery! Me included.

Nanci

PS Vick, Are you trying to tell us something? :-)

RoadRunner 04-17-2002 05:05 AM

Hmmmmm...without saying anything....I think December 15 is gonna be extra special!!!!!!!;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
RR
Please send positive vibes and prayers this way!!!Soo for, so good!!!!!!!!!!!

LBH 04-17-2002 07:36 AM

Hi All,

Wow, it's gonne be 95-98 here today!!! :eek: :eek: The landlord gave us the key to the front door last night so we can turn on the AC, so I will be doing that before I leave...don't want Zeus to get overheated today. :D

RR- Without saying anything, huh? Hmm...how far off is Dec...8 months?! ;)

Nanci- Hope the crankies go away! I've done that before, picked fights for no reason. Don't think I've done it with DH, but definitely with Mom!!

Lyss- Isn't it cool when you notice little things like that?

Tech- Hope WI went well!!

Liz- Good luck not falling in love with every dog in the place!! I'm horrible that way, shelters, pet shops, I want to save them all!!

Elisa- Congrats on the 2 lbs. and the restraint in the face of pizza and cake!! :D You are strong!! The only video I've done in Gilad's New Beginner's Workout and I liked it. I still have never gotten through the whole thing in one shot, but that's because I didn't stick with it. It's low impact, but challenging.

Guess I better jump in the shower and get to work!! :p Have a great day all!!

TechAlum 04-17-2002 10:15 AM

Just popping in real quick before I take the beast to the vet (he's currently absorbing his tranqs so they can draw blood, last time they had to sedate him to get ex-rays but that's a looooong story).

K and I both lost 2.4 lbs last week :eek: . I told him maybe he should go out of town more often and he gave me a dirty look. I was just kidding. :s:

Hope everyone has a great day. Supposed to be in the 80's here again, I'm with Pyria "WHAT HAPPENED TO SPRING?????? " :?:

Catch you all later.

- Tech :cool:

elisa822 04-17-2002 12:18 PM

I don't know what happened to spring either but I'm not complaining. It was about 90 yesterday and again today but I understand it's supposed to go back to normal temperatures by the weekend - yuck! I love this weather!!

Well I was out for dinner last night and it was a little good a little bad. The good was I planned for and had only had about 8 or 9 points before I left. AND skipped on the french onion soup and casear salad I really wanted. The bad was the 3 (yeesh) pieces of garlic bread and the garlic shrimp that tasted kind of yummy and oily (oh well). I also got rice instead of fries and only had 2 bites of dessert. All in all not too bad. I was up a pound this morning but I know that could go away quickly. To me it was a good compromise because we were out for a nice meal which we don't do too often and I wanted to enjoy but I still didn't use it as an excuse to have whatever I wanted.

Tech - that is so great for you and your husband. My husband and I have both slowed down on the weight loss but I think it's partially getting closer to goal and partially relaxing in what we eat. But we're still going at it.

Lauren - I'm jealous of your air conditioning. We could have used it here too but when you live in an apartment, they decide when they'll turn it on and April is a bit early for that.

RR - thinking of you!

Nanci - I do that sometimes too but thankfully not very often. It's funny when you calm down or your mood gets better and you realize how silly you were but at that cranky moment, it's so easy to just be nasty! :)!

Hi to everyone I've missed. I'm so hungry and am off for my usual Subway roasted chicken salad (They're quite yummy by the way and only about 4 points with the low calorie dressing.)

Have a great day,
Elisa