Old 08-05-2008, 09:43 AM   #1  
KAR

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Tues. August 5th

Morning Ladies,
Here I thought I was going to be reading the daily chat already in progress. What a surprise that no one had posted anything yet. Didn't sleep good last night we had a major set of thunderboomers come through all night long. Finally feel a sleep around 4 and was sleeping good until the phone rang at 8:30. So looks like I will be taking a nap today sometime. I am hoping to get my workout in this morning. I have TOPS tonight, so I hope that I have some good news to share with everyone.
Hope you are all have a wonderful Tuesday. I will check back in later.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning Kerry ~ good luck at your meeting tonight! Is TOPS free or do you have pay weekly like WW? I'd love to find some sort of support group for weight loss w/o paying. The groups that I am currently in always involve food. It would be nice to attend a function where food is not the center of attention. Although, I must admit that I'd be seriously disappointed if there wasn't grub at some of my monthly get-togethers LOL.

I've been MIA lately but I have just spent the past 30 or so minutes catching up. I got up and exercised this morning so I feel good about that. Eating hasn't been great. I'm trying to start over with baby steps; no extra helpings at dinner and more water. I've been slacking on my water since we've been on the run these past few days. Today I'm taking the kids to see "Wall-E" and will plan on eating lunch beforehand so that I won't be tempted to nibble.

Pam ~ thanks for the snack ideas. I want to try the new Jello dark chocolate pudding cups! A Dove bar *and* you stay below your daily calories... you are amazing!! Keep up the good work Girlfriend!

Alicia ~ LOL at your husband trading a computer for a car. What a deal;-).

GG ~ Man, you have to be sooooooo excited this week! Have a fantastic trip!

Fergi ~ how was vacation?

Toni ~ Your picture is so cute! Your face reminds me of my DD's old preschool teacher. You could pass for her twin.

Erin ~ still traveling?

Hanna ~ Yeah!!!! So glad to hear that Sean (and you!) are having a great summer. Did you buy anything cool while out antiquing?

Lauren ~ Your posts sound more determined and positive as of late. Fingers crossed that each day you become more focussed and that this is the right medication for you. When is Peter's first day of school?

Hi Holly, Lisa, Valerie & Rikki

Hope that everyone has a good Tuesday ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/184/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi there!

My name is Marianne, I'm new to the 3FC community and the 30 Somethings group. Mind if I join?

My weight has been creeping up for years, I managed to lose some and then I got pregnant... My kids are now just 3 and 21 months and I'm long overdue for getting back into shape!

I currently weigh 184.5lbs and my goal is 145ish by Christmas. Short-term I'd like to get to 176 by Sept. 1.

Anyway, I hope you are all enjoying your summer. I look forward to getting to know you!

~ Marianne
guppy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:26 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6

Hi girls!!!

Welcome Marianne!!! Of course you can join...just jump right in. You will get to know all of us really soon...

Kerry, man that would irritate me too...how come their mother is allowed to skate by with tha stuff?? You would think she would want to be involved.

Alicia, hope work goes by quick & painless...

Joan, I was AMAZED that I stayed below the calories...I've been making really good choices the last two weeks, cause I know I have to log everything, and with the calories/fat content/protein staring me in the face every day, it's been a real motivator. Also, it's been cooler in the AM & I'm back to setting the alarm to get up & walk.

Today I took the kiddos to VBS then had a viewing to go to (a friend's father). I need to run to Michael's to get some cake stuff, then take the kids to a playdate. Will check in later.

Hope everyone has a super day!!
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

I just found out my cousin is in town! She's here visiting her friends, and didn't have my phone number, so she finally got in touch with me yesterday! I'm so happy! Jeez, I kind of go up and down pretty easy, don't I? Yay, lunch with the girls! Wah, it's raining! Yay, cousin's here!
Pmasci, you're doing it right! It's staying on top of the rolling barrel that's the most important! 2 weeks! Good job!
Welcome, Marianne!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Kori ~ you're too funny. How are those cats of yours treating you today? We have a cat and he is the biggest, laziest cat that ever existed; unbelievably laid-back. I'd never owned a cat before this guy and he sure makes it easy.

Just got a call from my MIL. She wants to take my girls out to lunch next week and then unto to buy them a back to school outfit. They're lunching at the Ritz-Carlton. Damn, I'm the only one of the party that would actually like going and I'm not invited ~ hmmmmmpppppfffff. She wants to make it memorable, which is super sweet of her but Chuckie Cheese would make a much bigger impression. My 5 year old has never been there and she is always asking if we can go. **** on earth. I've decided to surprise her by taking her there with another fellow Kindergartener right after school starts. Time to go see our movie. Talk 'atcha later Chicksters ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:01 PM   #7  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Height: 5'6

Good afternoon.

to all the new people. Man gone a week and I can't get caught up on all the stuff going on. Sorry.

We had a wonderful vacation. The girls really enjoyed it. When I can figure out how to post pics I will post some.

Believe it or not I lost 2 pounds on vacation. I think it was all the water I drank and the sweating I did. But hey I will take it.

Talk to yall later.

Fergi
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:12 PM   #8  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

good morning everyone, had dinner with the friend from high school I haven't seen in over 10 years...it was kinda weird, she was the same, but different. It was interesting seeing who she chose as her spouse after seeing the guys that she dated in high school, the whole dinner was interesting. I did pretty well with my calories, still over, but not by too much. I was hoping too at least stay the same and was excited when the scale had gone down another pound! Don't know what I am going to do today, still raining and it is supposed to at least until this weekend. DH said it is supposed to get down to 35 degrees at night this week. I borrowed a propane heater from the IL's and put it in my greenhouse, so I might get some tomatoes yet!

Marianne,

Kori, have fun with your cousin. Is she in town for long?

Pam, thanks for the tips on your morning routine, how long are you usually up for before you head out for your walk?

Joan, welcome back and thanks for the compliment on the pic, I thought it turned out pretty good, I held the camera above myself so you couldn't see my second chin I am kinda glad we don't have a Chuckie Cheese here...the place would drive me bonkers but I do remember loving it as a kid.

Kerry, good luck at TOPS tonight, hope you get that nap in!
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:14 PM   #9  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Fergi, we posted at the same time, congrats on your loss, what a great way to come back after a vacation!
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Ha Ha, IrishJoan! My cats are hard to describe! They are both small, and they only kind-of get along with each other, like teenage sisters. They both like to stand in front of the monitor when I'm typing, as if to say, NOW you can pay proper attention to me! They also both like to sit in my lap and have me hold their faces in my hand, like a pillow. My MIL is afraid of them, so I put them away when she visits, but the Man takes them out to tease her, and he calls her their Nanny (Grandma). They always want to know why I keep trying on their wedding dress, and wonder why I keep it wrapped in plastic.
IrishJoan! I have some chocolate ideas for you! I get those fat-free fudgcicles (45 cals), and also the chocolate fudge bars from WW (140cals), and if I'm having terrible cravings, I'll eat them really slowly with lots of water on the side. That usually fixes me.
Fergi, good for you! That's surely a victory!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/135

Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind if I join in too

I am a SAHM of 5 beautiful children ages 10, 8, 5, almost 4, and 14mths. I am 34 and will be celebrating my 11th Anniversary with my husband on the 16th of this month . We also have 3 cats, a bunny and a fish so we are indeed a full house.

My story is similar to Marianne's as is my weightloss goal. With the support of the wonderful girls here at 3FC I lost about 40lbs in 2006 but had a big surprise 5th pregnancy and gained it all and then some back.

Well the little man is now 14mths and I am ready to get rid of it again. I started out at 210 and have slowly made my way down to 183.6. Things just haven't been moving fast enough for my liking so I thought it time to get a good ol'kick in the butt the 3FC's way.

It feels good to be back and I look very forward to getting to know you all.

Marianne hopefully with our very similar weight and goal (mine 140lbs but would be really happy to reach 145lbs) we can be a great support to one another

Monica

Last edited by MyOwnSaboteur; 08-05-2008 at 01:52 PM.
MyOwnSaboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:41 PM   #12  
Cheryl

S/C/G: 244.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'10"

Hi everyone! Lunch time in Portland . . . thought I would drop in to say hi. I went on a 2 mile walk last night in 90 degree heat - hopefully that dropped me down past the 10 pound mark. That's my mini-goal for this week.

Fergi, congrats on the vaca weight loss. That's amazing. I always tend to be a lady of leisure on vaca - eating my weight in crap-food. Were you super active?

Pam, I love your routine! If I could do that once a week . . . I just can't motivate to get out of bed until I HAVE to.

Toni, congrats on the pound of loss!

Tonight's challenge: taco night at the American Legion. My favorite foods AND margaritas. Yikes. I hope to report in tomorrow that I drank water and kept on my plan.
cp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:51 PM   #13  
KAR

Afternoon All,
Welcome Marianne and Monica! Glad you joined us! You will find we are a fun bunch of ladies.
Pam, good job on tracking your food and exercising for 2 weeks now. Keep up the good work! So did you have fun shopping for cake supplies? As for the ex-wife and being lazy, I am hoping that more people see her for what she is really worth. Plus hopefully the kids will stop kissing her butt all the time and starting doing more things with my dh and I. Plus everyone says that it will get easier when they get older and look back on who was there for them. It is just going to be a long wait!
Joan, if you check out on the Support Groups forum there is a thread about TOPS. There is a fee for it, but it is not like WW's. Had to chuckle at your comment about your mil and taking the girls out for lunch and shopping.
Kori,enjoy your visit with your cousin. Hope you have a nice time with her.
Toni, glad you enjoyed your visit with your high school friend. That just sounds like too cold of weather for August. Hope the rain stops soon. We are to get rain until Thursday.
Fergi way to go on the 2 pound loss. That is a great way to come back from vacation.
Hi to everyone else! Off to grab a quick nap. Then to jump in the shower before my meeting. Maybe if I shave my legs, that will help with my weigh-in. Just kidding!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/184/150

Height: 5'6"

I have to say, you're all very inspiring! I love seeing your tickers and reading the stories of the progress you've made. Good for all of you!

I need this inspiraton right now, afternoons are my toughest time and unfortunately it's also the best chance I have for working out. So I'm using you all to get motivated to go downstairs and exercise!

Monica - I could really use a buddy! I have friends who are also trying to lose weight but nobody in real life knows how much I weigh. The anonymity of the internet has given me the ability to post the number. So to be accountable to someone who knows what each pound means would help! What have you been doing to lose the weight so far? I've lost about 12lbs so far but, like you said, it's been slow and inconsistent.

Where in Ontario are you from? I'm from Southern Ontario but now live in Manitoba.

I hope you're all having a good day!
guppy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #15  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

LBH is offline   Reply With Quote