Old 07-31-2008, 03:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/222/130

Height: 5'4"

Default 30 Something & Separated/Divorced

Hi Everyone,

I'm new on this site and am checking out the 30-something forum. I see there's a thread for singles. I'm curious if anyone else is trying to lose weight during a separation or divorce. I'm finding that, in some ways, it makes it easier to start a new lifestyle as it's a time of change and reinventing your life. On the other hand though, it's an emotionally loaded time and I don't know about you but that's when I go for the pasta and cookies.

Food has always been an immediate (and potent) source of pleasure for me, as well as a way to fill my time. I'm noticing that since I've split from my husband there's a bit of a vacuum in terms of leisure activities (e.g. we used to go on weekend trips, go to the local market on a Sunday, and go out socially). Now, although I do engage in some of these activities, and certainly have a social life, it's just - different. So I notice myself eating for something to do a lot more. Obviously the solution is to keep myself busy. Maybe too much thinking about the relationship, where it went wrong, what's in store for the future has me sitting on the couch instead of going out and doing things. I tend to analyze things a lot.

Anyhow, if you're having a similar experience I'd be interested in listening and maybe gleaning some insights from others.
Pink Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:48 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Pink! We usually do our chatting on the "Daily Chat" thread, you're welcome to come join us there! Most of us are married, but some are single, some are divorced.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Pink, welcome When I joined I had just completed my divorce hearings. It is a difficult time. I have found that if I keep myself busy or distracted I do much better. While you are going through ~ or just after a divorce there is a grieving period, like a death. This is perfectly normal.

Like Lauren said, join the ladies (and sometimes men) on the daily thread.

If you have any questions, just pm me.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi Pink! I'm 32 and also divorced. I think that it is so much easier to "reinvent" myself now that there are so many things changing in my life. I agree that there is a lot more free time and even though I have a wonderful boyfriend, he has kids of his own too and it isn't like dating was when I did it before! I am always telling people that my ex and I had our separation the last year that we were married. Separate rooms, no longer doing anything social together. I gained a lot of weight in that year. I think this is a great idea for a thread as there are a lot of struggles that are specific to this issue.
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote