Old 07-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Alicia... right now I am only working part time until my daughter starts middle school in September. I do accounts payable. My background is much more extensive in accounting and Human Resources but I took this job for the hours, not the work.

No go on the mondays. He said that with vacations, I have to be there to answer the phone. I told him "Fine, as long as you know I have no work to do while I'm sitting and waiting for the phone to ring." He said he realized that and would talk to Ken (the Bi-atch guy) to see what projects/duties they could add to my routine.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Yeah I've heard that one before. I've been asking for work for weeks and they just ignore me. Why? They say it takes too long to train someone to do some things and its just easier to do it themselves. Fine. I still want to find a full time job in September so I'll just deal until then.

I also told him about the problems I've been having with the other guy and they went out to lunch together after that. When they came back, the bi-atch was being all nice to me.

I kept throwing up in my mouth a little every time he smiled at me... but I'm OK now.

So anyway, we made it fun. The other girls in the office and I all made up stuff I could do for projects (man were they silly... I'm supposed to straighten used staples and then glue them back together to make strips that we can use again) and we speculated on how the bi-atch would act when they got back from lunch... I thought he would be totally pissed and I think he was but he hid it well.

Even though I had that going on, it was a good day.

I love... hump day... {{{giggle}}}
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Afternoon Chicks

Well we got the room finished, painting it that is. Still have to steam clean the carpet and the furniture. I got the new furniture delivered yesterday and need to put the leather protection on it tonight before bed. Still have soooo much to do outside and its getting worse with every day that I spend in the house doing this crap. I would rather save this stuff for the winter, although its been horribly hot here the last few days, the humidity is nasty.

I really like Pilates, I just have a hard time making time to do it with all the kids in the house. I have a book so I don't need to use a video, but I did start out with a Pilates for Dummies video so I do know the basics of the moves. I have a bad back and it does make some of the exercises hard so if I can't do one I either modify it or I skip it altogether.

Kerry, I think my DH is pms'ing too. He called me earlier while I was on the way to the orthodontist with big DD to tell me I needed to quit taking the Corolla places when I know he's going somewhere. As if I knew he was planning to go to the school to shoot baskets with little Mr. D and needed the key. I thought I was doing good by not driving the Sequoia and using that gas guzzler. Thats what I get for thinking I guess.

Lauren, hope the meds help, doesn't hurt that they could have a beneficial side effect as well.

Gotta go, need to get ready for yet another baseball game. Have a wonderful evening!

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:07 PM   #18  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

Lauren, you make me laugh! I did wake up in the middle of the night feeling pretty bad, ate some cheese and crackers...then some blueberry pie and ice cream (tiny slice) to make my stomach feel better, felt okay this am, just tired.

I biked down to the park with the kids and met another mom there with a boy about my DS's age, exchanged phone #'s that whole bit. It was fun and I feel better having gotten my work out in.

Crazy windy and thundering outside right now...gonna go bring in the couch cushion (DD peed on it, it was drying) and my bra's (also drying, but no pee on them )

Last edited by mamatoni; 07-10-2008 at 06:07 PM.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #19  

Trish... take some pix and post them here so we can see!! Pleeeeeease?!?! LOL
Old 07-10-2008, 08:33 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all....work was the total opposite from yesterday....it was INSANE. Oh well i survived. i too have been very bad about exercising lately. I have been setting my alarm to go before work but i can't seem to get out of bed. And then after work, i'm just worn out. I lost my motivation...i really need to get back into gear...but luckily..i've been holding steady. No weight gain.

Kar- sorry to hear about your hubby...sorry if i sound rude...but this seems to happen a lot with you. Have you ever thought that either a...you guys need to go to counseling or b...should you be together? Not to be rude...but you've mentioned many times where you have trouble communicating with DH.

poppy - you made me laugh with the comment of the throwing up in the mouth...how many times have i felt like that when someone was being "fake"

toni-trust me..i know about the drinking..you can ask many here..i've even had some drunk post before LMAO..we all need it every now and then
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:46 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

GG ~ I've lost my motivation too. I'm still exercising on my bike but my eating hasn't been great with holidays and parties. We're going out of town again this weekend and then we'll be home for the rest of the summer. Plus, it's so darn hot here right now that my daily walks haven't been as frequent as they were. All we can do though is just keep trying... Baby steps is how I look at it. Have a great evening everyone ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:51 PM   #22  

Mmmm... I have some blackberry Arbor Mist in the fridge... maybe I'll treat myself.

Toni... I'm right there with ya babe! Liquid dessert tonight!
Old 07-10-2008, 09:26 PM   #23  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Joan, it looks like your ticker is going down, you must not have fallen to far off.

Hey everyone, thought I would drop in before bed. We have an orthodontist appt in the morn. I really don't want to get up, I would like to sleep in. All of our appts have been early. Went shopping today. Went to Target. Its sickening how much joy I get out of buying cleaning supplies. Much more than using them though. Hope everyones having a good night. I'll check back tomorrow when we get home.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:09 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Alicia ~ what is up with that??? I love buying cleaning products too. Strange... Target is one of my favorite places. I've started buying school supplies early since I have x3 this year and the list is a killer. Seems crazy how much parents have to now provide. Time to go sit out on the patio with my honey. I'm going to ask him to whip me up a margarita:-).
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:25 PM   #25  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys!! Drive by tonight. Took the kids to Six Flags, Karate class, and to my MIL's to play with cousins tonight. I'm exhausted!!!

I hope everyone had a great day!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:49 PM   #26  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Sounds like many of us are enjoying the "liquid dessert" (thanks for that title poppyseeds ) I am sitting here at the computer drinking a corona...light!

I have also been doing really well with exercising (the sticker chart has worked great!), but my food intake has been, well, crap, quite honestly. I stayed on track, right around 1500 calories per day and lost 3.5 pounds those three days I was on track. I am pretty lucky I guess, I know what to do to make myself lose weight and it tends to come off pretty quickly, it's just that stinking self-control that always does me in! (case-in-point at the store today I purchased and ATE 3 Reese's peanut butter cups!!!!!!!! ) DS is allergic to nuts and I can never have peanut butter in the house, I was shopping alone and went a little "nutty", bought them thinking I would put them in DH's lunch...got to the car, thought "I'll just have one"...three reese's later I feel horrible about myself and notice that I just consumed 630 calories!!!! sigh.

So there's my confession. Tomorrow is a new day and I am going to try and make it a full week at 1500 calories!

Kerry, I have to agree with GG that you seem to have to give your DH the "cold-shoulder" a lot lately. Honestly, it sounds like your DH doesn't have a lot of respect for you. I also don't want to seem rude, but you don't deserve to be yelled at all, let alone as frequently as it seems to happen. to you and I hope your evening went better.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:04 PM   #27  
katiejames

S/C/G: 265/186/165

Height: 5'6

i know it is random but adderoll totally works when you are trying to not eat... but please be VERY careful... these pills are highly addictive.. they are actually a form of crystal meth... you may start by taking one pill and move on to two and then three...and so on... there have been many horrible stories of young girls becoming addicted to crystal meth to get the same results...
katiejames is offline   Reply With Quote