Old 04-10-2008, 08:10 AM   #1  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default 30 something chat - Thursday, April 10

Its Thursday. The day before Friday and the day after Wednesday! This week has gone by quickly. What are your plans for the day? Im heading to the gym this morning with my twins (they do their activity while I work out at the same time). After that I am heading into town because my kids are in serious need of clothes! I cant believe how fast they have grown out of things! So, Im going to hit the thrift stores and see what deals I can come up with. The twin sale that I went to last weekend was a bust...i got NOTHING!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous on program day!
momof4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/207.5/130

Height: 5'2"

Morning!
I am heading to the gym at 11:00 today. I usually go around 2:00 but have a meeting today from 1-3 and need to fit it in somewhere..I love having a gym at work. It makes it easy to get to and really gives me NO excuse not to go..and it's free...what more could I ask for..
It's gorgeous and sunny here today but not really warm.

I LOVE THRIFT STORES!! I am a great thrift store shopper. I worked at the Sally Ann for 5.5 years when I was out of high school. I sorted all the donations that came in. I was just saying to my hubby the other day that I miss thrift store shopping. I used to go a few times a week when we lived in the city. I can't go by one without stopping..you never know what is in there waiting for you!! Have fun!

I am getting a new washer and dryer today! I am 36 years old and these are my first EVER brand new appliances...can you believe that..I have always bought refurbished ones..guess that's my Thrift Store mentality coming out. LOL! I am excited to do laundry when I get home..the washer is front loading too..everyone now..."ohhh....ahhh....."

Have a great day everyone!
Skinny Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all. Hope everyone has had a good start to their day! I feel scatter-brained today! We are taking the kids camping this weekend and I have lots of prep to do today, I just can't seem to focus! We had some serious storms roll through here last night and the night before so kids were up scared, which meant limited sleep for dh and me. If I get an opportunity, I will check in later today. I need to get a shopping list compiled so I can get to the store before I have to pick up the girls at 11:00 from school! Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Stephanie
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:03 AM   #4  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Mornin' everyone!

Mom of 4, sorry about DD acting up yesterday, at least you got a harder work out because of it. I know when I'm mad it can be an extra burst of energy. I just got DS some pants from the thrift store and he loved them. Two pair of Old Navy and some Reebock track pants. Don't think i'd get away with it with my 13yr old though.

Skinny, a gym at work can't beat that. Congrats on the new appliances!

Stephanie, camping? Haven't done that in years...when I was a kid. I don't know if the adult in me could handle it. Where do you go camping at?

Dawn, where are you at?

Nothing new or exciting going on here. I'll check back later. Have a great day all!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Mornin' Chicksters!

Mom ~ I went to a huge children's resale affair last Saturday at an area church and it was a bust too. The fall one was great and I got lots of good deals. Reading yesterday about your DD brought back memories of my own DS. Preschool was not fun ~ for him or me;-). Lots of phone calls. We knew that something wasn't right but couldn't put our finger on it. At 6 he was diagnosed with Aspergers.

skinny ~ ohhhh.... ahhhhh... new appliances:-). Too funny! I know where you're coming from though as I got so excited about our new refrigerator and washing machine when it was delivered. You are lucky to have a gym at work!!!

Hi Stephanie ~ this should be a good weekend to go camping. We like to go early spring (before the bugs) or in the fall (after the bugs). Enjoy!

Alicia ~ hey there Girl!! LOL at your note from yesterday saying that DS's friend called to come over. My kids have had friends over and they've had a lousy time together but within days they're asking to come around again. Go figure???

Today will be spent meeting my cousin and aunt for lunch and then heading to a THRIFT STORE. That must be the word on the day:-). There is a huge Goodwill near the restaurant where we're meeting and I have two big trash bags of stuff to drop off. I love, love, love resale shops! Such fun. Hope that everyone has a great day ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin',

Mom, have you read our "...kids" thread? It's stickied up top. If you want to share about your DD's behavior, please do, I'm sure one of us will have some piece of advice that might help!

Speaking of which, Robby got an incident report 2 days in a row this week! One day he threw a toy at someone, and yesterday he was found pushing one of the boy's heads against the "window" thing on the slide! They aren't sure if it's all purposeful, or fluke, but the head incident was obviously purposeful. I've been trying to explain to Peter that he needs to calm down more at home, because he's teaching Robby bad habits. I talked to R's teacher this AM and basically they've decided to make a record of everything he does, so that we can watch for any patterns/problems. They are thinking of Peter, and I don't blame them.

There are 5 pups left in a litter of black labs that are 9wks. old. They'll be at PetSmart Saturday, so we're gonna go a little earlier and see them. The lady said she'd meet us ahead of time, if we want, but we decided we'll just go a little early, so they're not all spoken for when we get there. And if they are, it wasn't meant to be. I'm still not sold on a black lab, no matter how cute. I hope they're mixed with something good. But I get the feeling they're purebred. Waiting to hear back about another little guy named "Jocker". He's a lab/collie mix. For those of you that know these 2 breeds, you know it's not much better! Collies are roamers and tend to have a mind of their own. He's a cutie though.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

UGH! I'm so stinking tired. I feel like I could sleep forever and it not be enough. I haven't slept much in the last few weeks and its really catching up to me, the short time that I do sleep is pretty solid though, like the dead. My mother says it depression, I don't think so, my friend think its my thyroid. I'll find out on Monday.

Skinny, I just got a new front load washer and dryer, they are fantastic, cuts the time it takes me to do the laundry in half.

Steph, I would love to go camping, its my DH thats the wussy.

momof4, I go to a thrift shop every Spring for clothes for the 2 little ones, they are so hard on them I just can't bring myslef to buy a bunch of nice new things for them to roll around in the yard in. I did get the older kids to checking out a thrift store that caters mostly to their age range of clothing and they found that they can get some good stuff for less than half and they kinds like that. Especially when I make them use their own money. Plus, she'll take their old stuff to sell and give them in store credits to use to buy stuff. There are good deals to be had when you look, its finding the time to look.

I gotta get going, I need to run to town for fruit and milk. I need to find a way to get motivated and get my workout in, right now I just want to go back to bed. Where's Jillian when you need her? Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:00 AM   #8  

Lauren, I have had a black lab and am now the current snuggle partner of a choc. lab. I have to say that I will have another lab when this one leaves me for doggy heaven. They are smart and very loving. Big Dummy is soooo good with the kids and always has been, he's very protective of the 7 yr old, I think he thinks DS belongs to him. He was a puppy when DS was born so they've had 7 years of bonding.

My 4 yr old at preschool yesterday had to take a quiet time, the teacher said all the kids had been extra loud that day and she had just got them settled down and they were supposed to be listening to a story. DD, at this point has still been whispering and once the teacher started telling the story DD starts talking over the top of her, so she got sent the quiet chair and lost a reward sticker. I asked her why she didn't hush when told to, she said she had important things to talk about and she wasn't done telling Jazzy about them, and the story was stupid anyway. This is a 4 yr old, what am I gonna do with her in 10 years? Attitude, attitude, she must get it from her dad cause I'm very shy and quiet. (heh,heh,heh)
Old 04-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Hi everyone!

I hope that you are having a good day.

I have been under the weather for a few days. We had a field trip to the fire station this morning - DS liked seing the trucks. Can you believe we are getting more snow over the next 3 days? I huge storm is coming in from Denver.

Talk to you later...
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #10  

good morning everyone...almost good afternoon here!...i have a warning for all of you

DONT START YOUR CAR TO WARM UP AND THEN GO IN THE HOUSE EVEN FOR A MINUTE!

this morning mario started his truck ran in the house to grab his things and when he walked back outside (he said less than 2 minutes) he watched someone drive off in his truck!...ugghh..bad morning to go along with my horrible week ive had so far

mom: have fun thrift shopping...i have only done it a couple times but when i did i enjoyed myself...i should go again..hope you find lots of great finds!

skinny: "ohh ahhh"..thats so exciting..isnt it crazy that as we get older we are excited to clean! and get new appliances!...have fun

steph: im with you today...i feel completely scatter brained...everyone (except me) is leaving for los angeles tonight (great timing with the whole truck incident today) and nothing is ready for them to go...so i will be packing for them when i get home..have a great time camping!

alicia: there has to be something exciting!...have a great day!...hows the job hunt going?..you probably have said so i apologize..i havent had a second the past few days

joan: you have fun at the thrift store too!...i guess i really should go by and see if i find some great things!..have fun

lauren: i hope everything works out fine with the kids!...kids will be kids and sometimes they go through phases...this one im sure will pass!..good luck with the puppy...if you get it dont wait to long to post pics!

cc: try to get some rest...last year i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism...i used to not sleep well...a friend of mine is going in for depression and she isnt sleeping welll...hopefully they will give you some orders for blood work and just not jump to depression and really try to find the exact reason for you...good luck!...but do try to get some rest whenever possible

dawn: how fun...firetrucks...bomberos per my son - spanish..he doesnt ever remember it in english...did you go with your moms group or did you just go by yourself with your son?...i want to take mario but i havent..glad it was fun

welll....i better go work!...have a great one
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #11  

Got some great finds at the thrift store... Picked up some great namebrand shirts for DH and DS. Only bad thing is that I had to take Brigid with me... she costs me money:-). Like we need any more stuffed animals around this house???
I agree, Trish, that finding good deals takes time. I am not a shopper, I go into a store to get a specific item. Definitely not a mall person. Yet, I can take up to an hour looking around a thrift store LOL. Lunch was delicious (soup and sandwich place) and it was fun catching up.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #12  

joan: sounds like you had a wonderful time!...glad you found some things..have a great rest of your day!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:59 PM   #13  

Christina ~ forgot to ask about DH's car? Did they find the thief???
Old 04-10-2008, 05:20 PM   #14  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Christina, that stinks about dh's truck, let us know what happens. Nothing new on the job, the one from last weeks said they have to do background checks.

Joan, lunch sounds nice. I really don't like taking either of the kids any kind of shopping, even to the grocery store. They will put things in the cart without even thinking. I'm like where did this come from?

Trish, hopefully the dr.s appt can rule out, or not some things and give you a piece of mind. Are you going to mention the purging? I think that you probably should.

Dawn, hope you feel better soon. The moms group sure does keep you guys busy. I keep my fingers crossed the snow stays away.

It is very sunny and WARM here today. Almost two warm, we may need to install the ac's. I know it seems rediculous. From heat to air. I went to go walk the track today and DS came along. We wind up "shooting some hoops". It was pretty fun, I didn't think I could run, I guess I can...well sort of.

I'm almost finised with taxes too. I am a HUGE procrastinator. Unfortunately no refund for us, we broke about even. Which I guess is better than having to owe.

Okay guys, off to soccer soon. Hope all are having a great day!
Alicia

BTW, Lauren, I had a black lab, he chewed everything in my house. He was the goofiest thing too. One day he got a popcorn bag stuck over his head. My Aunt had one too, as a seeing eye dog and she was excellent.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:44 PM   #15  

Sitting here still trying to get motivated and its not getting me anywhere. Went to town for some fruits and veggies, thought when I got home I would hop on the treadmill but DH wanted me sit down and chat with him a bit and I got right back into that mode of wanting to go to sleep. I've been keeping track of my food and I'm not seeing a problem with my food, maybe I need to count calories but I portion correctly so I wouldn't think my calories are outta whack. I feel poopy. I don't know whats up, maybe I just need an attitude adjustment.

Alicia, I'm gonna spill my guts to the Dr., Its great that you and DS were able to do that together! Sometimes thats the best way to get a workout in, the kids. Our lab was a chewer too, we kept lots of things around for him to chew on and never had a problem with him destroying anything, they are really great dogs.

Christina, that is a huge bummer about the truck. I don't know why anything surprises me anymore, people suck.

Joan, glad you had a productive trip to the thrift store. I'm the same way with shopping, I go with a vision. I have no patience for hours of milling around the mall, DH, on the other hand loves to go shopping. We are out at the crack of dawn the day after Thanksgiving every year, he starts planning the day weeks in advance he loves it so much, I'm like "whatever, where are we gonna eat?".

Delta, sorry about the snow, hope it passes you by.

gonna go walk, its not the workout I had planned but it'll get me away from these fighting kids for a few minutes, I would hate to have to hurt one of them before Survivor comes on then I would spend my Survivor night cleaning up the evidence. Have a great night