Old 03-05-2008, 08:09 AM   #1  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat: WED 2/5 It's HUMP DAY!

Mornin everyone!

Hope everyone survived the yucky weather yesterday! Rained all day here. Thankfully the sun is out today. Gotta get some coffee and hit the shower so I can get out of the house today. Didn't exercise yesterday and I felt like yuck all day!

Pam, how was your class?

Check back later. Have a great day everyone!

Alicia

Last edited by lois lane; 03-05-2008 at 08:11 AM.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:14 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Alicia, you're up early!! The class was GREAT!!! Oh my goodness, it was so much fun, and what a workout!! We were sweating like fools!! I can't wait for next week!

Mo, I think the pb story is an urban legend...I heard it years ago, and it was a bridal shower, not a birthday party, lol.

Miller, I used to do yoga, after my first child, got me back in great shape. I do it from time to time, I still really like it.

Well, ladies, I gotta get Cadence ready for school Hpe you all have a wonderful day. Check in later!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

good morning ladies

well the yucky weather has stopped for now got 6 inches of snow but we did not get alot of the ice like some did. the kids are on a delay so far to day keeping my fingers crossed that they go today!!!
hope everyone has a great day
adah
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:56 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Hey all, we got 1 1/2 - 2 inches of ice and then 4 inches of snow on top of that. All the schools are closed again. Of course that means there will be lots of children in the store. :|

I have not tried yoga, but I have tried floor moves (merchandise).

Off to get ready and help clean off the driveway.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/168/150

Height: 5'4"

Morning Ladies! Sounds like everyone got Snow,,, we only got about an inch but its still coming down so fun fun here we go again... is it just me or has it really REALLY snowed alot this year! I always wanted to try Yoga! I should look into it more! I am dragging my feet getting back into weight training i find it so boring!
Goldm00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' Gals! Sure do wish those Dudes (you know who you are...) would join us now and then.

Alicia ~ you're up bright and early!

Pam ~ how many weeks long is the class? Did you have to show DH what you learned last night;-)....? BTW, LOL at the p.b. story.... The version that I heard involved a surprise b-day party. I'm thinking that it's a urban legion too... Can you imagine though if it were true???????? Oh My!

Adah ~ I know that I've told you this before but have to say it again... LOVE your name! I wanted to name one of my girls Adah but DH wouldn't go for it. Yoga is a great workout. Sooooooo relaxing...

Lisa ~ ice sucks. We got that last week but, thankfully, we were spared that yesterday. Have you heard Alan Jackson's new cd? I heard him on the Today show yesterday and it sounds like a good one.

Hi GoldmOOn ~ welcome!! You've been kicking can with your weight loss. Good for you!!

We got a ton of snow yesterday. 8-12 inches and I had to shovel out the drive. I miss DH!!! He does so much around here and it seems like everytime that he calls home I've got questions for him about household stuff. He keeps calling to rub it in that he's enjoying the weather where he is ~ such a stinker. Kids get out of school early today and they're having friends over. I need to get busy before picking them up at noon. Hope that everyone has a great day ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

mornin campers.
I am going to post that salmon recipe on the recipe page, the calories is 324 on the paper, But that is on bread with red peppers, and 3 vanilla wafers.
I imagine it is less if you have it on one 90 calorie wrap instead of two peices of bread.

Hope you are all better than I am today. I feel like I went three rounds with my hay baler. I have never had theraputic massage before. She went very deep. Hopefully there will be some benefit when the soreness goes away.
needless to say, I did not exercise last night. Maybe tonight. But I ate well. Venison filets and steamed broccoli. Yummmmm.
Not so good this morning though. One banana, 2 cranberry muffins(small).

Thanks for all the love guys. I do feel at home here. It's been a long road to peace, now that I am here- it's my time to shine.

Have a great one Chicks. Talk at ya laters.
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:57 AM   #8  

Thank you Joan!

Dangergirl! Drink your water after a massage like that you have to drink lots of water to flush your system and you will feel great! I love deep massages but its deceiving because you think massage and you think oh that must feel good,, well not at the time it doesn't but about 3 days later if you drink your water you do! GOOD LUCK can't wait to see the recipe!
Old 03-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Danger, They say that when you have deep muscle massages you should drink at least 2 litters like within the first couple of hours. The reason is the massage releases the tension and the toxins that are stored inside the tension. You need to flush them both away. I tend to drink more water for the whole week after a massage.

Joan, I have only heard the first single off that cd. Our radio station does not necessarily play the singles as soon as they are released. If I want to hear more current stuff I have to be on the internet and listen to the station out of Cleveland OH or XM.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks Ladies. She did tell me to drink lots of water. I have had about a gallon since yesterday. I think I just have issues that are going to take a while to work their way out.
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:35 AM   #11  

Dangergirl - your salmon recipe looks awesome I will have to try it! Maybe this weekend!
Old 03-05-2008, 12:40 PM   #12  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Hi All! Just a quick second...have more peeps checking in after lunch so I have to be @ the counter happily waiting. The other girl in the office is currently @ an interview for another job that she is convinced she's going to get. Fingers crossed....that'll mean some bigtime o.t. for me and I can use the money bad right now. No news on the 2nd job front yet. Turned in another app last night and tonight it's off to apply yet another place. Getting discouraged because the economy in Michigan...in case you haven't heard....is like the worst in the Country right now. Lisa-we were supposed to get 6 inches last night and thankfully it went out the Detroit way. Ok, have a good day all....been slammed all morning...still no fluids and nothing to eat yet. I'll get lunch in about 2 more hours. Lovely. I need a shuga daddie!!!!

Hugs, MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Hello all! I have a moment and thought I would pop in to say good morning/afternoon We (here in Texas) had bad weather the night before last and are expecting more tonight / tomorrow morning... But then we are back up in the 70's by the end of the weekend! I guess it's true what they say about Texas... if you don't like the weather, stick around because it will change!
Kicked off the morning with a 30 min walk on the treadmill and 30 more min's of working out with the balance ball and bowflex. I have to say, working out in the mornings really does set the pace for the day!
I went for a deep tissue massage about 2 months ago and with a 90 min massage, 75 of the min's were spent trying to work out the knots in my back. I thought I drank enough water, but by the next day or 2 was in so much pain! I guess I didn't drink as much as I needed! I have made myself a goal/reward that everytime I lose 10 pounds, I am going to treat myself to a 30 min massage! I think that will be a nice reward for myself and all the hard work I've been doing!
I have a question some of you might be able to help with... After having my twins, my tummy skin is pretty stretched out and saggy with the more weight I lose. I was wondering if anyone has tried the lotion from Bath and Body Works called "bring up the rear"? It is an "Anti-cellulite/firming lotion". I just got some and was wondering if anyone had tried this product or something simular, and have you seen any results?
Thanks ladies!
I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!
steph
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:26 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!
just a quick hello! furtunatley the weather here is gorgeous.

MO hang in there, yes I did hear the news yesterday and a lot of people are loosing their jobs in Michigan, it is too sad.

I will see you guys in a little while

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:03 PM   #15  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon ladies,

Okay, someone has to fill me in on the peanut butter legend story. PM me if you need to, I've been racking my brain.

Pam, I'm almost always up early on the weekdays, if not mentally, then at least physically.

Lisa, I love an old B&D song. "She use to be mine". Ever heard of it? It's probably 15yrs old now. Which makes me feel really old!

Danger, I always get on enormous pimple same time each month and it hurts like heck. By the time it starts to go away its time for a new one.

Hey Hanna, so is Sean's seizures caused by the meds he is on? Can't wait to see the scarf!

Mo, sorry to hear about the hard times. Hope you find something else or something better.

Adah, I've been doing some Yoga. Adding it to my walking and my other DVD. At first I thought it wasn't doing much. But then I realized I could feel it in diff places, kwim?

Joan, when does DH get home?

Dawn, where are you today?

goldmoon and sheywood, welcome, hello to everyone else!

Got my workout in this am. Im planning on going walking tonight. It's a beautiful day here today, must take advantage!

Have a great rest of the day everyone!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote