Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2002, 04:39 PM   #46  

Hi!
Nanci: you are doing great!!! I'm so proud of you!

I'm better today - more motivated. Got 14 show apps filled out and in the mail. I hate doing the show apps - filling out the same info over and over. Writing the same descriptions on slides (usually 5 for each app). It just wears me out but I'm glad I'm caught up on that one item. Now I think I can clean the office and get ready for 2 days of solid bookkeeping (next week )

The Robins have been migrating thru my yard....thousands of them. I'm scared to go for a walk for fear of what might fall on my head!

We decided to put a roof over the pack deck. It will still be a few years before we can build the addition (kitchen/dining/great room) that I want to build out that way so we decided a roof over the deck would be a good idea for now. We built this house 9 years ago and haven't done a thing to it till now....seems like we want to attack everything at once now.

I've been better on food since I got back...still struggling with water! I've got to get back to water!! - jul
Old 02-22-2002, 04:45 PM   #47  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Getting ready to leave work now...thought I'd check in! I added up my "miles" since I started going to Curves, and including tonight, I'm at 12.5 miles!! Think I'm going to start keeping track, it's nice to actually see it!!!

Have a great weekend all!!
Old 02-22-2002, 05:11 PM   #48  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!!
Well, it was strictly sinuses for SD#2 and nothing to do with the heart or surgery..THank Goodness!!!SHe is tons better today!!!I may even take her to the hockey game tonight....

Lauren--Have fun at Curves!!!!

Bailey--I think I always say "the scales" except when I move "the scale". THat is funny...Maybe we need 2 to weigh..one that is moved back 10 lbs when U R grumpy!!!!

Jul--TOo bad writing applications don't burn alot of calories!!!

Thanks all for the well wishes with the little !!!!!She has to be better to destroy the house this weekend!!!!!!
Vicki
Exc=60miles
Old 02-22-2002, 10:51 PM   #49  

Happy Friday everyone!

first of all thank you all for your congrats. I am very proud of both of us. DH set me straight that he is only at 20.2 not 22. Either one he is still doing great.

I have a couple of exciting things to share. The first one being that the Duchess off York is going to be here the first part of March and I get to go see here. I am very excited about this.
The second one is that this lady that works in my building came up to me today in the elevator and said she could tell I was losing weight. That put a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

Liz, Stay out of that candy!

Lauren, The good thing about your high point day is that you EXERCISED.

Lyssalou, Oh my, I would drive myself crazy getting on the scale that many times a day.

Bailey, Pizza with Ranch? That does not sound very good to me. :-) Isn't it funny how different everyone's tastes are.

Elisa, I love the sour cream baked lays.

Jul, Dh and I did the same thing with our house. Once you get started you can't seem to stop.

Vick, I am so glad to hear that SD #2 is fine. That is a relief.

Well everyone have a great saturday.

I am going wedding dress shopping. My friend is getting married in July.

Nanci
Old 02-22-2002, 11:07 PM   #50  

O.K. here is a wierd question...

Has anyone ever worked in magazine production?? Or maybe remember much from lab class concerning molds and fungi????? I just got my national geographic today and there is a very wierd substance on the last page. Its oily (seeped thru several pages) but has a black crusty area with little white specks in it. I'm wondering if it could be caused by something in the production line at 'magazine factoryland'...but to be on the safe side...yes, I did put it in a big old ziplock bag and zapped an email to NG customer service. And I didn't even get to read the magazine because I always start on the back page and work my way forward (in any magazine I do that). - jul
Old 02-22-2002, 11:12 PM   #51  

An odd bit of trivia..

I've posted 10 posts for every pound I've lost.
I have 426 posts now and have lost 43 lbs total .

O.k. Back to reality ...I need to get the boys to bed. - jul
Old 02-23-2002, 09:47 AM   #52  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Jul,
That is too weird about that magazine.....Let us know if U get an e-mail response!!!That is soo funny about the post and the weight..I say post more quick!!!

Well..it was 80 degrees Mon and today it is 35...Hmmm..why is everyone sick?????It is time to buy the ole flea juice to put on the crew to prevent the fleas from comming...This year is flying!!!!

Nanci--I would love to see the Duchess of York...I really like her and her philosphies.....Yeah on the compliments!!!!!

I am feeling "tired" of being a responsible parent type person..Do "real" moms ever feel like they are the babysitter or the back drop/door stop for emotions?????? These 10y/o hormones are really getting to me and I have to remind myself all the time that I am the adult!!!!

Off to "renew" the brunette!!!!!That is always an attitude adjustment!!!!!
Vicki
Old 02-23-2002, 10:27 AM   #53  
LBH

Hi All,

Had a good time exercising last night...my knee was bothering me a little though...maybe every night is not a good idea until I get more strength. I'll see how I feel come Monday...or actually, Thursday...that's actually the only extra day I've gone.

Today I'm cleaning the house. DH is gonna continue going through his stuff and I have to scrub the bathroom and kitchen. They're not too bad, I've kept up with the surfaces during the week, but the floors and creavaces (sp?) need to be done!

RR- Glad #2 is better, and sorry to hear #1 is still giving a hard time! Man, I don't think I had hormones at 10 y/o!! I was still playing with Barbie dolls at 13, and cooing over Rex Smith and Shawn Cassidy!! "Real" boys didn't matter until 14 probably!! Have fun with the hair! I would love to do mine, but my hairdresser would kill me if I did it myself!

Jul- Cool trivia! I'd hate to figure mine out...it'd be pitiful!! Hope you get some answers from the magazine. Sounds like maybe it's moldy...did it come any later than usual? Maybe it got stuck in a damp pile?

Nanci- Doesn't that make you feel great when someone gives you a compliment like that? A guy I work with said something like that to me last summer, when I was wearing a shorts outfit that looked flattering. He said, Oh, Lauren, you're getting skinny!! I thanked him, but it was really just the outfit, since I was not on a roll or anything!

Have a great day all!!
Old 02-23-2002, 02:32 PM   #54  

LBH: I was in love with Rex Smith too!!! I remember seeing him in a movie where he was giving guitar lessons to a jewish girl, they fell in love, sap, sap, sap... I even bought a piano book of some of his music when I was 13.

- jul
Old 02-23-2002, 03:13 PM   #55  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

A quick note....I just had to say I love Rex Smith too and that movie was called Sooner or Later! I remember I had a small black and white tv in my room and the movie was on later than I was allowed to watch so I had the earphone in and the picture contrast turned down so my parents wouldn't see the light under my door!!! I read the book too! Funny.
Old 02-24-2002, 10:23 AM   #56  
LBH

Hi All,

So we're all closet Rex Smith fans!! He was actually on one of my soaps in the early 90's!! I was gonna marry him, you know!!
Old 02-24-2002, 12:43 PM   #57  

OK.................

WHO IS REX SMITH????
Old 02-24-2002, 01:34 PM   #58  

I agree with Baily...

Who is "Rex Smith"?

I agree with Sean Cassidy, but then there was Leif Garretson, and the end all to end all heart throbsAndy Gibb!!!(such a shame he threw his life and wonderful voice away on drugs!)

RR - As far as 10 y/o hormones, they are definitely there, and sometimes the mouth that goes with it can be unbearable!!! It was at about 10 when my now 12 y/o started treating her sister like she was dirt under her feet. And my almost 10 y/o yells at her dad all the time (really uncool). I have read that there is too much red meat and milk in our diet which means there is too much added hormones in our diet (who knows). We have to only give our 12 y/o no hormone added milk because the other stuff breaks her face out really bad. Just wait until AF comes to visit your 10 y/o sd, RR!!!

And I was once a 10 y/o sd, and I definitely feel for you, RR. You aren't mom, so you will probably get some flack that "real" mom's don't. I can remember thinking that my step parents weren't my parents, so what gives them the right to say anything!!! (Oh, wait, I still feel that way? ) Patience pays off. My late step dad is the only adult male in my life that enabled me to have a sane relationship with DH. So hang in there. Since you are mom of the house, your role is very important, and even though you may catch some extra attitude, it will all pay off in the end!!!

See, I told ya'll my soap box would be mounted eventually!!!

Jul - Do you have a web site to show off your art? I would love to see what you do!!! I hope the magazine is ok.

Nanci - I am just so excited that I am loosing weight, that I keep checking the scales to see if I'm dreaming, or if I am actually loosing weight. I am loosing !

About the scale/scales controversy, I looked it up in the dictonary, and both are ok. I think the pluralization probably came from the fact that a balance has two "dishes" (just my thought there).

Well, I better gol. Dh and I decided to replace one meal with slim fast. Not because we need help loosing weight, but just because lunch is turning out to be more complicated than we thought it would be!
Closed Thread