Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2001, 12:25 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Afternoon!!!!
Decided to lie around today in front of the fireplace and do nothing!!!!Sometimes that is the best way!!!Refman decided he didnt want me to work extra on the weekends and it is a nice thing to be awake and untired since this motherhood job is sooo fulltime!!!
Feeling much better..can't wait to go to the club tomorrow and get back on my workout slowly!!!!

EXCERCISE POINTS
Nanci=78.45
Rabbit=102.8
Tech=12
All others horray for the excercise!!!!

BIG LOSERS!!!
Tech=3.8!!!
Punkin=11 total!!!!
Rabbit= 1.5!!!!

We moved the rest of my house over to REfmans!!It is too funny cuz I have my bedroom perfectly intact but no other furniture in the house!!!!
My cats think I am nuts~~The best part is that it will be easy to move once I say I DO!!!!!!

Off to the store..need to find some wedding shoes so I can have my dress hemmed!!!!
Have a great day all!!!
Vicki

[This message has been edited by RoadRunner (edited 02-18-2001).]
Old 02-19-2001, 09:46 PM   #2  
Is it Friday yet?

Ug, it's Monday...

Had a huge ol' spaghetti feed last night and this morning I feel like a small whale. I'll be starting on the water in just a second.... Thank goodness for the banked points! Since I knew the temporary "large meal" weight gain would bother me I decided to weigh in on Sunday morning instead and I'm down another 2 pounds... Yeaaaaaaah!!!
I'm changing my starting weight to reflect where I started with WW - it's too confusing to keep track of "their total", "my total"...

Did nothing... laid around most of the weekend... Hope you all worked just as hard!

Back to work - Pres. Day's not a holiday for us... bummer.

Terri

------------------
248.0/235.0/145ish
-13.0 total
Old 02-19-2001, 11:41 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I did weigh in this AM and I'm up 1.5...I'm mad at myself about it, but I'm definitely back on track this week, as far as journaling and preparing things. I brought a WW dinner (5 pts.) and a heart shaped meatloaf w/me for lunch...not sure how many pts. the meatloaf is, it was about 4" across at the widest part, and about an inch thick...any ideas? It was made with meatloaf blend meat, sm. amt. bread crumbs, 12 packet onion soup mix and ketchup. You think 6-8?

I got my nails done two wks. ago (tips and acrylic), and I'm proud to say they're all still there, except for my left thumb, which bit the dust Saturday. I can't wait to get them filled in, they're starting to look like crap. Am going to try and get an appt. for Wednesday night after work.

Some good news...the bridesmaid's dresses came in Friday afternoon, so I can relax about them. Only problem is, the wraps are a darker green, so they'll have to be redone. My bridesmaid from VA just happened to be up here this weekend for a memorial service, it was perfect that they came in, she had her fitting on Saturday AM. The dress fit her perfect, they just had to cut about 4 in. off the bottom and take it in a slight bit under the arms. She also picked out and ordered her shoes. They better get everything right, because she won't be back until the day before the wedding! My shoes also came in, thank God they're cute and seem comfortable.

I can't believe I'm getting married in 26 1/2 days!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Lauren
248.5/245/SPD: Sanity/170
Old 02-20-2001, 02:57 AM   #4  

Lauren--26 days already???WOW..that sure went by soo fast!!!!The gain may have been fluid!!!LEt that just boost U back into gear again!!!(that is how I think!!!)
Got it all in order????????

Terri--Congrats on the loss!!!!

Well..I got a new niece soo must go and enjoy!!!!!
Vicki
Old 02-20-2001, 03:27 AM   #5  

Hi all. Happy Monday. Hope you had a great weekend. I seem to be on track for the week, so am happy with that.

RR - Sounds like you are all set and will be able to finish moving in in a snap!

Punkin - hooray for your 2 pound loss!! I do my weight at my ww weight too or it gets so confusing.

Lauren - time is sure flying!!

Have a good one. Rabbit
Old 02-21-2001, 02:21 AM   #6  
Donna

Good Afternoon All,

Didn't do well eating wise this weekend, I just couldn't seem to get on track. But this week has started better, lets hope I can keep it up.

I'm excited the MTU Alumni are hosting a Swing dance with the Tech Jazz Band 3/8. K and I are signing up to go practice what we've been learning in class. It should be fun and maybe we'll run into others we know. At class last night K mentioned that he's getting harrassed by the guys at work that he's taking ballroom dancing. I don't get what the big deal is. I'm just happy it's getting easier every week.

RR - Hope you enjoyed you're day of lying around. Sometimes those are the best kind of days.

Terri - Congrats on the 2 lbs.

LBH - Breath, Breath, Breath. I make my meatloaf with 1/2 turkey, 1/2 low fat beef, and I count it as 7 pts for about 6 oz. I don't know how accurate that is.

Rabbit - Glad you're back on track

Well, everyone have a great week.

- Tech

Old 02-21-2001, 03:06 AM   #7  

HEllo all!!!!
Just checking in..I decided to quit the antibiotic today..it was making me feel yucky!!!Not smart..but at this point..I don't care any more!!

DIdnt do any excercise today..but I did enough walking today at work to make up for it..
Well off to the races!!!
Vicki
Old 02-21-2001, 04:09 AM   #8  

Hey, where are you all?? Not many posts here lately.

My week is going great. I'm energized by my workouts, am OP, and hoping for a good weigh in on Thursday.

Tech - glad the week is going better than the weekend for you.

Take care all and think yourself thin!!

Rabbit
Old 02-21-2001, 08:05 AM   #9  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all!! Wow, looks like a slow week around here.

Terri: Sounds like some of my weekends. Especially when DH is away. I have a hard time motivating myself to do anything. Hope you enjoyed it!! Also, congrats on the two pounds!! That is so awesome.

Lauren: 26 days? WOW!! It's getting so close. Sure hope all the stuff comes in right and on time. How is the new job going?

I had my financial aid meeting tonight. Looks like everything is all set. I'll get just less than 1/2 what I need in a guranteed loan and the rest in a regular loan that I will have to pay as I go to school. Oh well, it could have been worse!! I could've had to get it all on a regular loan!!

Hope everyone is having a great evening!!
Karen

Old 02-22-2001, 04:12 AM   #10  

Me again. Everyone must be really busy or in a February slump! Remember spring and summer (and bathing suits) will be here before we know it!!

Karen - Glad your financial aid is working out!

I have weigh in tomorrow and I deserve a loss so I sure hope I get one! Had another ortho appt. and got a new upper splint behind my upper teeth. Oh joy. It's been a real pain getting used to. Some how I always manage to eat though . . .

Wish me luck tomorrow!

Rabbit
Old 02-22-2001, 09:00 AM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

It seems to be really slow lately...I for one have been extrememly busy at work, which makes me happy, it's about time I had a job that keeps me busy!! Being at work until 6:00 at night is like nothing these days! I could probably be there later and still not even notice!

Went to a new nail salon tonight, one my friend Kristen goes to. The ladies there were great. They took off the acrylic and tips I had on and put silk wraps on. She said they would be much better for me. She talked to me like she was a doctor for my nails!! LOL!! I didn't understand everything they said, because they're oriental, but I got the basic jist! I'm going back every week, instead of every two weeks, because that's too long...gives me too much to mess with!

In other good news, I'm going to be an Aunt again come Monday! Jim's sister-in-law, Denise, who is also one of my bridesmaids, is scheduled to be induced Monday at 7:00AM!! That is, unless she goes before then! She went to the doctor and he said everything looks good! We're convinced she's having a girl, because last weekend when Blake was over at Jim's parent's house, he had three girl dolls with him - one was an action figure and the other two were actual baby dolls. The only way Chris would let his son have a girl doll...or any doll for that matter, is if it was to get him used to having a baby sister!! So I'm going shopping for a nice little frilly outfit this weekend!

Tech- The guys at the firehouse bust on Tom, one of Jim's friends who he works with as well, because he's really into ballroom dancing...soo much so that he stepped down to inactive at the firehouse, and missed part of our engagement party for dancing!! LOL!!
You're probably about right with the meatloaf, 3 oz. lean ground meat is 5 pts. and 3 oz. lean ground turkey is 4 pts. Mine was lean, and it was probably about 6 oz...will have to weigh the one I have in the freezer!

RR- You know better than to stop the drugs early!! Did you try the usuals like eating first, or eating with the pill? Why don't you see if you can get a different one?

Rabbit- Glad to see you're OP this week. Good luck at WI tomorrow night.

Better go find something to wear to work tomorrow!! It's supposed to be freezing!! Today it was beautiful when I walked out the door, I said, if it could just be this nice on my wedding day. It got progressively colder throughout the day, and we may have 3 inches of snow by tomorrow sometime!

Good night!

Lauren
Old 02-22-2001, 09:19 PM   #12  

Hi... this is kind of strange, like walking in on a conversation in a room full of people you don't know at all - but you all seem nice enough so I'm not TOO worried!

Quite obviously, I'm new here! My name is Maggie (the Merfle comes from my cat's nickname, Smurfle Merfle!) and I'm 30. If I am quite honest with myself, which is what I need to do right now, I have a lot of weight to lose. That's scary. And annoying, since 5 years ago, I had lost all that weight and maintained it for a year. As it crept back on over the last few years, I kept telling myself that it wasn't really noticable because I'm tall (5'9 1/2, 5'10" by WW standards!) and my fat is pretty evenly distributed. But I've been lying to myself! I realized I had sunk rock bottom yesterday when I put myself in a lower points category when talking to a friend about WW, just so she wouldn't know how much weight I'd put on (She lives in CA and I haven't seen her in years).

So this morning I stepped on the scale, gasped in horror at the number it showed (which I may get brave enough to share with you soon!) and decided to come back here (because in the back of my mind I've always known I needed to lose and pop in here occasionally). I browsed around a bit and decided that the 30s group looked like a good place to be. I read a few messages, looked at a few of your pictures (Kymber - what a transformation!) and decided to register and post!

I look forward to posting and getting and giving support! I've been on this journey before and I know it's not easy - this time I need to do it right so I don't find myself in this spot again in 5 years!

Have a wonderful day!
Maggie

Last edited by merfle; 03-12-2001 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-23-2001, 03:10 AM   #13  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all. I'm pretty bummed out today. I was supposed to go to a computer show with DH today, but he is stuck in Boston. So, I had to go to work when I had planned a day off. I couldn't see wasting a vacation day sitting here by myself. Now, DH still hasn't left Boston and it's snowing like mad here. We are supposed to go skiing tomorrow and I don't even know if he'll be home then. Sigh. Thanks for letting me get it all out here. There's no one here for me to talk to!!

Maggie: Welcome to the group. We are usually a lot more chatty than this, but we are in a slump this week!! Maybe it is winter doldrums!! Sorry to hear about the trouble with your gain. I didn't loose as much as you, but I had lost 35 pounds and put it back on in a year. I'm trying to get motivated, but so far, I've done poopy. I'm sure you will do great.

Lauren: Work sounds good!! At least you are busy. I'd SOO rather be too busy than not busy enough!!

Rabbit: How'd it go?????

OK, will try to check in again later!!
Karen
Old 02-23-2001, 04:14 AM   #14  
Donna

Happy Friday Eve All,

Well, went to WW and stayed the same (at least when I looked, she said I was down .2) I was pretty happy considering the week I'd had. But I've been doing much better this week. I'm trying to be very careful so last week doesn't catch up.

Rabbit - Hush about those suits, why do you think I'm going to Maine on my honeymoon . Hope you're WI goes well tonight. STAY AWAY FROM THAT HOME SCALE!!!!!!

RR - Hope you're feeling better. Did you go back to the doctor or just change your perscription on your own? As a nurse you should know better.

Karen - Glad your financial aid looks like it's gonna work out. Sorry about the day off not working out. Sometimes it's for the best.

LBH - I was thinking about the silk wraps they're supposed to be thinner are they? Right now I've just got natural.

Merfle - Welcome!! Good luck starting the journy over. Isn't it amazing how we can fool ourselves into believing the image we want is in the mirror. I think that's why we cringe when we see ourselves in photos it's harder to hide.

Well gotta go to yoga. Have a great Friday everyone.

- Tech

Old 02-23-2001, 05:03 AM   #15  

Hello all!!!!
I am back to feeling great!!!(no--I didnt go back I am just self treating!! )

I will go to excercise tomorrow--can't wait!!I have been following my diet pretty well..except for the nibbles on those KingCakes..but then Mardi Gras only comes once a year!!!

Maggie-Welcome!!!Yeah!!!another cat woman!!
We are all here together-with the same goal and focus!!!Feel free to post anytime!!!

Well..off to daycare!!!!
Everyone have a great day!!!
Vicki
Closed Thread