3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Something's Weekend Chat: 1/26-1/27 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/132539-30-somethings-weekend-chat-1-26-1-27-a.html)

txangelgirl 01-27-2008 12:50 AM

Wow Hanna that is insane. Well I haven't had the hallucinations yet, this is my second day on it... yesterday was terrible nausea as you all know, today no nausea so that's good. We'll see about the sleep tonight. I usually have to take sleeping stuff anyway, my mind is just so busy I need to force it to slow down. The thing is, last night the sleeping stuff didn't work. Now granted I was using a muscle relaxer before I got on the cymbalta to fall asleep, and otc sleep stuff never worked for me, but I didn't think it was a good idea to take the relaxer while being on the cymbalta (you know, possible drug interactions and all) so I gave the simply sleep a shot. I wonder if tonight will be any different. I have heard mixed reactions from the cymbalta...my doc chose that because she said it's the only one that won't change your brain chemistry to gain weight. I have been on effexor before, and it didn't do a thing for me. I wished it would have. Of course then she put me on prozac, but I started gaining on that so I stopped taking it. I appreciate your sharing that with me...lets me know what signs to look out for to get off of it. And yeah major appetite change for me, I have pretty much forced myself to eat. Did you have nightmares from the start or did it take a while for all that to show up? Oh no James is hacking, gotta go...

LBH 01-27-2008 07:46 AM

Mornin' All! :coffee:

Here's the totals for this week:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...01/3FC0126.jpg

Will reply more in a bit...

lppennington 01-27-2008 08:32 AM

Hey Lauren, maybe once we get out of the current month, we could have it's total, and then the new months weeks. For example Jan totals; Feb Totals; then March's weeks. Just a thought, don't want to have 54 collums (sp?) on your spreadsheet.

Nothing exciting happened yesterday, just had a relaxing day.

lisa

GatorgalstuckinGA 01-27-2008 08:53 AM

morning all..i slept like a rock...the margarita helped LOL. Hopefully today will be better.

Hannah - congrats on the new dog...just be careful, she probably has kennel cough and if your guys aren't up to date on the bordetella vaccine they could get it too (although meds usually help). she sounds cute.

hey to everyone else..today is looking like a pretty day, sun is out...and its warming up some. I think i'll go to the gym tonight right after work and then dh and i promised the dog we'd take her for a walk (we were going to do it this am but i was too tired to get up earlier for work)

crbowles 01-27-2008 09:19 AM

Good morning all!!! I slept ok last night, but then again I didn't take my Cymbalta yesterday. I got so sick the first day I was scared to take it again. But this morning I took it, so there's no going back! Guess I doing my normal Sunday laundry, go get groceries, and relax.

Hope you all have a GREAT day!!:D

lppennington 01-27-2008 10:24 AM

GG, have a good day at work. I know I am certainly going to try. :D Luckily today is a short day ~ even short for a Sunday.

Well today I start in my new position, even though my title is placed on me tomorrow. I am excited to get into work. (Cant remember saying that)

Later dudes and dudettes.

Lisa

stickingwithit 01-27-2008 12:21 PM

sunday checking in

Hi All -

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes! It is nice to be welcomed in and feel like you can jump right in as one of the group!

In response, yes I live near the Detroit area. Suburbs of Detroit. I actually work in Detroit.

The detroit international auto show was fun, lots to see. I did take snacks but did not end up eating them. It was almost as if I knew I had them if I needed, so it kept me from wanting the other stuff.

We ended up going out to dinner and I made some pretty good choices, could have done better, coud have done worse! What I was happy about was that I did not snack or eat anything else, even at home when my husband and I were watching a movie. That is usually when I cave.

So, feeling pretty good so far. Also, I did my "Biggest Loser" workout video yesterday morning after I checked in here. I am very sore today!

I have to go back to work tomorrow, which I am dreading. But, I only work three days a week, so I shouldn't complain!

Hang in there everyone and talk to you later!

pmasci 01-27-2008 12:33 PM

Hey all!!

Patricia, hope you have a better day today. Glad you were able to get some rest.

Joan...sick again?? That stinks!! Hope you are all feeling better today :)

Lauren...sorry about your test. Do you know when you'll be able to retake it?
Oh, and sorry I forgot I did 8 miles this week.

Lisa..good luck at work today!! Hope everything goes smoothly!!

Hanna...comgrats on the girl...how about Athena or Aphrodite (in keeping with your theme, lol) My MIL used to watch "Clash of the Titans" to come up with her dog names...she had Aphie (Aphrodite) and now she has Annie (Andromeda) there was another one, but I forget the name...

Everyone else...HEY!!

Well, went to dinner at Outback yesterday...did pretty well. Then Saw Rambo...really good, but very gory. It was about what's going on over in Burma, how they are slaughtering the people...it's terribly sad.
Anyway, then we went out for drinks...I had 4 beers, then switched to water...normally I would have had like 8 or 9 (had a DD), so I was proud of myself!!

Just finished my taxes (YAY!!) but apparently the IRS isn't going to be starting to process any returns until mid-February, something about passing a late tax law. Oh, well, at least they're done!!!

Gonna do some stuff around the house, then go to MIL's to pick up kiddos...we're gonna stay for dinner which means I don't have to cook...YAY again!!

Okay, better go get a shower...hope everyone has a super day!

Pam

Cardfan1 01-27-2008 12:35 PM

Hi everyone

I'm getting a little frustrated...I've been stuck on 181.6 for 3 days! And I am hungry for some good food. I don't want to get off track, but I have been tempted. I know I will be miserable if I do.

Hope everyone else is doing good today!

lois lane 01-27-2008 01:33 PM

Hanna, I'll second the Athena....

Brooke, wish I could be of help, but I give in more times than not. If you are weighing everyday it can be disappointing. Try to weigh yourself once a week.

Pam, what a great mil to take the kids for the weekend then fix dinner. Have a great day with the family.

Lisa, good luck today!

DD and I are looking for something to do today. Can't think of anything though. We finally got the table put together. Dh had to redo the chair I had put together. I put the left leg on the right and vice versa. I told him its all a matter of perspective. LOL. It's very cute.

On a HAPPY note. It looks like my little brother has made it through the Crucible this time around. I think the last 2 maybe 3 times he injured himself, delaying his graduation. He should be graduating and coming home this Friday. He said his leaders were gonna make sure this time nothing happend to him. My mom was very edgey Fri when I called as she thought it was someone calling to report he didnt make it. I think he may be in the record books somewhere, lol.

Hope everyone has a very relaxing Sunday.
Alicia

CCmomof5 01-27-2008 01:57 PM

Hey there!

Having a decent day so far, forgot to take a snack to church and I was starving midway thru the first sevice. I was afraid everyone would hear my stomach rumbling thru the microphone, and yes, I did give in to the fudge brownies at the hospitality table. They knew my name, how could I not partake of one. I didn't go back for more though, so I did maintain some willpower. Hoping to take it easy today, I have several magazines that I haven't had a chance to read yet. I've got some laundry I need to do but that shouldn't take long. Hope everyone has a great day it is absolutely beautiful here today sun is shining and its about 42*.

Lauren, sorry about your test, since you couldn't take it yesterday that just means you have extra time to study, right?

GG, Wow! That does sound like a bummer of a day, hope today is better for you keep our chin up the animals need you.

Gotta get going, I've got relaxing to do and only so much time to do it it, Have a good one.
Trish

happy2be 01-27-2008 03:36 PM

Hi every one!

Holli the hallucinations and nightmares didn't start for a couple of months but the loss of appetite happened right away.

Trish you did great today w/food, enjoy the rest of your day!

Lisa how nice to go to work and look forward to it! congratulations!

Alicia I am very happy for you that your brother is doing well! what did you decide to do today?

Brook are you addicted to the scale? that is not always a good thing, it can be counterproductive!

Pam I hear about all this movies, that have such a sad line, I don't know if I can watch them! maybe when they come out on DVD to rent. I hear there is a movie out that is actually making people sick in the movie theaters. :yikes: I can't remember the name. I am glad that you had a nice dinner w/DH, that is always a +. Good for you on being done w/taxes, I have all our stuff ready to take to the tax guy we use, but DH is not ready to go there yet, well when he is everything is ready! Have a good day today

cr have a nice day, are you also on Cymbalta? what is your experience w/it if you don't mind me asking?

Lauren you are so good with the spread sheets, I am bought a CD that teaches how to use a lot of different programs on the computer, I have not yet even opened the package, I should! I've had it for a couple of years. LOL.

Last night was a really good night considering we have the new puppy, she slept all night in her cage, she woke me up at 5 am I took her to her potty mat and she did her business, went back to bed and Sean came to our room at 7 he couldn't sleep, not he wanted to play w/the puppy So we have been up since then. Zurg not doing to great with her, he is so jealous, I have not figure out what to do to warm him up to the idea that there is a new Little one in the house, ant she is here to stay... I am sure they will adjust to each other.

I posted some pictures on my webshots page, here is the link. I also posted some pictures of my sweaters. I have been saying I am going to post them but never got around to it.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...garden&start=0

got to take go for now!
see you all later!

thanks for the name suggestions I like them, I will share them w/my family and let you know what we decided

Hanna

IrishJoan 01-27-2008 05:04 PM

Hanna ~ she is just too cute! Such a sweet little face. Those sweaters are *so* teeny! They're beautiful.

Doing ok on this end. We're all laying low today. The kids are disappointed that we're not going to the pizza party tonight but that's the way it goes. Brigid went to bed with a fever last night so there is no going anywhere until she's fever free for 24 hours. I'm making a chicken pot pie for dinner; loaded with veggies:-). Mike walked in the kitchen to tell me how good it smelled. Two seconds later, Annie walked in with (yet another) wrinkled nose... Hope that everyone has a good evening. I'm on a Jane Austen kick and PBS is showing Mansfield Park tonight. Fire, quilt and PBS... never thought that the day would come when I'd look forward to an evening like that LOL!!! Hugs to everyone ~ Joan

trappedthingirl 01-27-2008 05:09 PM

New to the CLUB

Hi all,

I am starting my weight loss journey. Woke this morning not feeling my best. Drank some warm green tea and ate some low fat NE clam chowder soup.

Goal for today is to drink 4 - 32 oz bottles of water.

I am sooo dehydrated.

IrishJoan 01-27-2008 05:37 PM

Welcome trappedthingirl! Excellent goal... Once you start drinking the water you'll be amazed by how much your body actually *wants* it. I feel so weird now on the days when I'm busy and can't get my usual amount of water in. Of course, it helps that I stay at home as I have to pee constantly LOL!! Joan