Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 09:22 AM   #16  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Not much going on here, just thought I'd check in. I'm kind of busy at work, catch up stuff, but that's good. Went food shopping last night and didn't do very good on my choices. Will have to be very careful now that it's in the house. DH wanted cake or cookies, some kind of dessert food, which is not like him, he's more of an italian ice dessert kind of guy. I was gonna get a sugar free chocolate cake, but DH hates it when I get stuff like that, he doesn't like the aftertaste, so I ended up with a choc. pudding cake. It was good, and 5 pts./per 1/5 of cake. It was one of those small round bundt style ones the supermarkets always have. I also bought some cookies, did not figure out the pts. yet for them. I don't know why I made such bad choices, it was after dinner. I bought some cans of chef boy r dee stuff too...bad. Oh well, I'll just have to make sure I plan my pts. to allow for them.

Nanci- Glad you did good in LV...don't worry about the wine, even if it does get you, at least the rest of the time you were good...even banking!!

RR- Glad the exercise is going good! Just don't push yourself too much, make sure you go gradually!

Nona- Are you a teacher? That's a lot of 6 yr. olds to deal with!! God bless you!! Maybe a nice stress reducing walk after work, or after dinner?

Rabbit- Good luck at WI tonight...and congrats on last week's loss!! DH asked me last night if we could get a garbage disposal... He's soo mean!!

Elisa- Congrats on the loss and being OP!! Well, if you can't say **** here, I guess you're in trouble...you said it twice!! Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah!! (teasing)

Dani- Hope your'e feeling better! Congrats on the loss!! Do you use IE or Netscape? Can't you scroll down when you're posting and see the thread?? I know you can't do it when you edit a post, but you should be able to do it if you're posting a new reply.

Hi to anyone I missed, or who's lurking!!
Old 01-17-2002, 12:38 PM   #17  

hello.

I don't know how my weigh in will be tonight, but either way, I'm okay with it. I don't think I did too awful for being in NY and I am back on track.

Nona - thanks. I didn't want to bore anyone with my mileage, but it helps me to track it.

RR - remember to take it easy! You have to take care of you.

Nanci - WOW! I'm impressed with how well you did in Vegas - definitely a win no matter what the scale says (and it should show a loss!). That 4.8 loss last week was inspiration I'm sure. Sorry about the panic attacks.

Lauren - oh that dh is a riot!

hello to everyone else!

Rabbit
Old 01-18-2002, 12:39 AM   #18  

Hi everyone!

Well ww went very well. I was down 1.4 which puts me at 6.2 since starting back. DH is now up to 9.2 lost. MEN! I am very happy that he is doing this with me. I think we are both feeling much better.

Well I finished my 14 day bootcamp with the video. It went very well. I am down inches and the clothes are feeling a lot looser. I would say they feel like I have lost more than 6.2

Lauren, Get that stuff out of the HOUSE! The chocolate pudding cake sounds good.

Rabbit, I hope it went well at WW. Traveling is so hard.

I hope everyone has a great Friday.
Old 01-18-2002, 09:30 AM   #19  
LBH

Hi All,

Do any of you have hard water?? We have hard water in our new place and it's horrible!! There's lime deposits on all the taps, the sinks are a little rusted. I bought some Lime Away, but it didn't do the trick. Yesterday, my friend helped me move some stuff from the old place to the new, and drove my car over too, since I've been driving DH's truck. I let her do some laundry at the new place, and when I went to turn the water on, it starting squirting out all over!! When I turned the taps off the other day, they did the same thing. So I called the landlord and he came over within 10 minutes (he lives 2 doors down). He just tightened the connection and said that probably the other girl never turned the taps off, and when she did to disconnect her washer, it loosened up the lime that had sealed things up and that's why it was squirting! So I'm thinking to myself, does that mean that the lime is holding a leak closed, or am I missing something here? He stopped it when he tightened it and said that we should just leave the taps on! (Mom always told me to turn the taps off so we don't have a flood!) I have not brought up the other issues, because we wanna go to Home Depot and price out stuff first, this way we are "armed" for them. The other downside of the hard water is it feels yucky on the skin, is drying, and leaves hair dull looking. But water softeners are probably really expensive, have not even looked yet.

Nanci- Congrats on the loss!! And the inches too!! Once I'm all done moving, I've really go to get exercising again.

All- I heard from Pryia, she's been really busy at work. She was sick, but is feeling better now. She's going out of town for the weekend, but said she'll be back soon! Sends her greeting to all...especially RR.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-18-2002, 12:25 PM   #20  

This has been a slow week here!

Weigh in went well last night - I lost 1 1/4!! WooHoo! I am so happy with myself for losing weight when I went out of town - that's always been a tough one for me. So I am a happy girl today.

Nanci - congrats on your loss!! I knew you would have one. Way to go on the inches also!! Cannot believe dh - lucky guy.

hope everyone else is doing well.

Rabbit
Old 01-18-2002, 04:53 PM   #21  
LBH

Hi All,

Just checking in before I leave to the day. DH is home waiting for the cable guy, so we should have internet service set up today. Only problem is, the PC is still at the old place and it's supposed to snow 3-7" tomorrow, so I don't know if we'll get up there to get it! Man, I can't even imagine being without internet service for a whole weekend!! I'll be Jonesin' for some online time come Monday AM!!

Rabbit- Congrats on the loss!! Especially after being out of town!!

Have a great evening all...hope to see you before the weekend's out!!
Old 01-18-2002, 06:55 PM   #22  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!!
I am feeling great cuz I am excercising again!!!! Did 15miles this week on the treadmill at a 4mph pace, so I am obeying MD's orders!!!!!
Everyone at work has been acting strange, hushing when I walked in etc,,,Found out that 2 girls are pg and they didnt want to upset me!!I just smiled, said that my baby is in Heaven and I was gonna have the first baby of the New Year 2003!!!!!!I think I am definately surviving!!!!!!!!!

Lauren--sorry about the water!!That is horrible...WhenI go to DH's moms it is the weirdest water...the shampoo doesnt soap and I never felt clean.....

Well, little tooties(sd#2) surgery has been scheduled in Feb ...I will be glad when that heart is fixed and all this is behind us!

Off to rest up and then on to New Orleans in the AM to get my Mardi Gras beads to throw!!Can't wait to get on that float in a few weeks!!!!!
Have a great weekend!!
Vicki
Hmmmm..wonder if Kymber is heading down here??????
Old 01-18-2002, 10:09 PM   #23  

Just realized I haven't been checking in here much this week.
Its been pretty busy but o.k. still maintaining. Want to start moving in the right direction!!!!

Nanci: I had bad panic attacks after Alex was born. It lasted for about a year. Very difficult to deal with and very real!! Suddenly I just realized that I hadn't had one in over a month and felt better. Are you having a lot of stress at work? Feeling out of control about things in life?

I better try and get the kids ready for bed. jul
Old 01-19-2002, 12:48 AM   #24  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Just checking in real quick.... Rabbit, congrats on the loss What an achievment - - to lose weight while out of town! Super

LBH, no I'm not a teacher. I'm a teachers asst. I assist 4 different 1st grade classrooms. It definately keeps me hopping, but I really enjoy it.

Catch ya tomorrow ~~~ Lighter ~~~ Nona
Old 01-19-2002, 02:26 PM   #25  

Hi everyone,

Rabbit, CONGRATS on the weight loss. Doesn't it feel good to have a loss after being out of town.

Lauren, I hope you get the computer back up and running soon!

RR, I am so glad you are feeling better. Have fun getting your beads. Every time I hear Mardi Gras I think of Laurens friend with the sharpy. It gets me giggling every time.

Jul, I am not sure about the panic attacks. I don't feel any more stress than usual. I do think worrying about them might cause them. :-)

Nona, I sure admire all of you teachers and teachers assistants. That is one job I don't think I could do. I think back to all of the good teachers I had often.

Have a nice weekend everyone!
Old 01-20-2002, 12:27 PM   #26  

Hi - Have been reading back to catch up on things since I disappeared - Wow you guys keep busy!

Like I have said in other posts, I am really ready to be back on top of this (or so I tell myself). This site is so incredibly helpful, so hopefully you will see lots of me!

When I stopped posting, I was weighing about 151, (got under 150 once or twice - yes I weigh every day). Didn't weigh myself too much for several weeks. This week, weighing 155 (one day 153) so... Looks like I went up 4 lbs. Maybe they will come back off quick??? We'll see. Have journaled since thursday and have gained .5 in that time. Wonder why? Lets see---

Daily point allowance = 25 (75 for 3 days)
Daily food total = 20.5, 15.5, 17.5 (53.5)
--- Pretty good, right? Must be losing weight? NOT:
Daily wine total = 10, 14, 4 (28)

Grand total = 81.5. So, I am going for 18.5 today to put myself at a solid 100 for the 4 days (I usually start my week on mondays) and view tomarrow as a new start. The saddest thing, since new years I have probably only had 10 points of alcohol total until I started journaling again. Self sabatog? (sorry can't spell)

Anyway, enoght about all that..

RR: glad to hear you hanging in there. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Remember - things often happen for a reason. Enjoy Mardi Gras! I am jealous, used to go every year when I lived in atlanta.

Lauren: Congrats on the move! I grew up with hard H2O - don't know if there is any scientific basis to this, but EVERYONE I knew used powdered tide, Ivory soap and Comet. Maybe they help with the H2O, Maybe it was a conspiracy

Rabbit: Way to go!! Losing weight on a trip to the big city is HUGE!

Tech: Glad you rejoined! Hope all is well with all the recent events in your life.

BFB: Too funny! Just can't get enough of Bart's bum.

Jul: Glad to hear you have a puppy. It is never the same, but I found that lavishing love and attention on my new pal really helped me to work through my sadness.

Nanci: HI. I had bad panic attacks for a period of time. I also was suffering from depression. Went to the dr. and he put me on zoloft. I was amazed at the difference as far as anxiety and panic symptoms - they disappeared! No such luck with the depression however. Still on the med, but feel that healthy eating, exercise and sleep habits (plus lower stress levels) are probably key to solving both issues long term. Still working on it!

Nona: Used to be a teacher's aide in Kindergarten. I loved it but was exhausted! Keep up the good work.

Elisa & Happy: Congrats on the loss

Kelso & Kandie: Welcome (kelso, how was the date?)

Take care all
Closed Thread