Old 09-29-2007, 07:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Wkend chat: Sat/sun sept 29/30

i really am dreading work today if it was anything like yesterday. But i'll keep my fingers crossed that it won't be too bad

Lisa - im glad they found another person. 10 days in a row would have been insane. And yes all the crazies came out of the wood work yesterday. I think it was a delayed full moon LOL

hope those lucky peeps who aren't working get to enjoy your time off...
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:24 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Hey all...been really busy last few days, but I am going to be sure to start posting as much as possible so I can get to know all of you. Just wanted to wish you all a super weekend. Here in Pennsylvania it is supposed to be sunny and in the 70's, so I'll be outside with the kiddos (I have an 8 yr old boy and a 4yr old girl) ALL WEEKEND!!! YAY!

Take care!
Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' All ~ Happy Saturday on this end.
GG, Lisa, BJ ~ I hope that today is better than yesterday for you. Lisa you have GOT to get out of retail before you lose your sanity. Working 9 days straight is rough then throw cranky consumers on top of things, sounds like pure ****. BTW, GG enjoy your hike (and beer) tomorrow!

Morning Pam! Sounds like a gorgeous weekend on your end. Enjoy!

Hanna, MO & Alicia ... sending big hugs your way:-). The waters are choppy for you girls right now. Hang in there. You're in my thoughts and prayers thru out the day.

My brother is having a big hayride on his farm this evening. Lots of fun for the kids. Lots of great food too.... The weather is going to be beautiful here as well. Hope that everyone has an excellent weekend.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:00 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Pam, I'm nearby in Morris County, NJ and expect the same great weather this weekend! Unfortunately I'll be painting and cleaning!! Enjoy!

GG, Hope today's a little better for you!!

Someone was new yesterday...Mullet?? Sorry if I got the name wrong!

Michelle, YAY on the letter! At least you got something!

MO, hope you're feeling a little better.

OK, I'm off! Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:01 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey Joan! Can we come to the hayride?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/240/150

Height: 5'5"

I have made the declaration that today is gonna be a good day! After I take hubby to work I Plan on going for a walk. I will be taking my camera because there are tons of photo ops out there.
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:04 AM   #7  

Welcome Muffit and all the new people!!

I had a yummy breakfast (DH made it- shocker) of WW english muffins (love all the new breads), turkey sausage, FF cheddar slice cheese, and egg beaters, took all my vitamins and worked out for an hour. I had the TV on and that Steve Martin movie " the Jerk" was on. I was laughing away!

Good start to the day. I feel great!!

We are heading to the lake this afternoon and gonna canoe around for a few hours. I am going crazy trying to keep Bella occupied all the time so not to dwell.

In my little gym down in the basement, I have this tiny size 3 dress and I am soooo going to fit in it by summer. While Im working out I kinda stare at it. Also finding myself looking at all the new small clothes on eBay. I cant wait to buy new things!!! Bikini, here I come!!!

So, have a great Saturday, ladies!! Talk to you all soon!!!!

~laur
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 11:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Laurie ~ having an old (tiny) dress hanging close to where you work out is a great idea! Fitting in old clothes again is a better feeling than going out and buying new clothes. Sweet success... You are doing so well and you WILL be in that size 3 dress by summer! Good job hubby on the breakfast ~ sounds delicious.

I know that you're trying to stay as busy as possible for your sake as well as Bella's. Does Bella ask lots of questions about the baby? Just keep doing what you're doing but don't ignore the signals that your body gives you.

Lauren ~ painting and cleaning on this gorgeous day...say it ain't so! Sorry that I can't take you to the hayride. My kids are really lucky. Several of my brothers have big farms; swimming in the summer, hayrides in the fall and ice skating in the winter. Plus, they have enough cousins to fill a town with LOL. Should be a good time.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 03:36 PM   #9  

Joan,

Im jealous....sounds so much fun near u. We went to the ocean today instead of lake. Ran around. The water was cold but fun anyway.

You know what is really strange? Bella doesnt ask about Sophie at all. Generally she actually seems happier. Its almost like Im expecting her to blow up or act out but she just plays and always seems to have a smile on her face. Yesterday, I heard her tell the neighbor girl. I used to have a baby sister but she doesnt live here anymore. She didnt say it sadly just very matter of fact. Hit me in the gut though. We are getting her into therapy though anyway. I want her to deal with this now. I do recognize that because of Sophies issues, she did not really bond with Bella much either. I am also sure it was as stressful for her as it was for us. We are keeping a close eye on her though, anyway.

well, Im off to play a little ball outside with the Bean (Bella). After we will have a little supper and then watching Knocked Up. Hope its funny...
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:57 PM   #10  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone. I went to a scrapbooking event today and had a blast. It was 6 hours away from the kids and talking to grownups. But not so much talking that I didn't get any work done. Woohoo!

Michelle: So glad to hear that you got a letter. When my DH went to boot camp (he's Navy reserve so it was only 2 weeks) and I got that phone call I was so happy I cried. The no communication thing is so darn hard.

GG: Hope today wasn't too stressful for you. Are you still using the doggy pack for hiking?

Pam: Welcome to the board!! Have fun playing outside.

Lauren: How's the house coming?

Laurie: Good job on the good breakfast (way to go to your DH!) and the workout.

Joan: Thhat hayride sounds like a lot of fun. I wish we had family around for my kids to play with.

OK, we are having kale and brown rice for dinner and I need to go get it started. Have a nice evening!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 05:12 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6

Hey Joan...DH & I are going on a hayride next Sat. with some friends, but it's too scary for the kids. Will take them in two weeks to a kiddie one. Wish I had a relative with a farm, though!!

Laurie...don't know what your issues are with Bella and Sophie? But hope all is well with your family...On another note, I heard Knocked Up is really funny and rather raunchy (those kinds of movies are great now and then!!). Let us know what you think of it. It's on my Netflix list, but there's a wait for it. We're doing "Blood Diamond" tonight (we're kind of behind on our movie watching..).

Karen...thanks! We did have fun! DH & I took kids and dog for a walk, then washed the car & truck (he's still out there waxing them..his fave thing to to do!). Kale is so yummy, but I stink at cooking it, can you give me some pointers?

Hope you all have a good night!
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 06:57 PM   #12  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone,

Glad it is slow today because I am slow myself. I was afraid I would be way behind on my reading.

Welcome to all the newcomers!

Joan the hayride sounds like alot of fun. I am going to look into something for us to do next weekend. Has anyone ever been to a corn maze before? Just wondering how they are.

Christina, I haven't moved as of yet. DH got layed off and so it is a possibility.

Hanna, oh my goodness. I don't even know what FIbermyalgia is. I am going to research it though after I type this. DH sounds so caring, you are very lucky!

John, where have you been?

Mo, WHERE the heck are you girl. I am seriously worried about you now.

Lisa, I finished my book. I am going to go to the library this week and check if they have the conclusions. I hope work wasn't to hard on ya today.

Lauren, still painting?

Michelle, your grandbaby is sweet. I honestly can't believe you are a grandmother, you look too young. You will have a pile of the love letters by the time DH returns home.

Sheila, slim, RR, where are you guys? Hey to everyone else!

Well, I went off by myself today. I did get in my morning work. DH is just wearing on me. Its not the layoff, but just so much other stuff. I feel somedays as I may snap. I had a nice time, I really enjoy doing things by myself some days. I am trying to slowly make purchases (clothing) for the winter. So I did get a few things. I felt bad though cause when I got home DS is not feeling well. He fell on a stump yesterday and it is really hurting him today. I am debating if I should take him to the DR? (i usually woudn't for a scraped knee) I will wait for tomorrow and see how he feels. Anyways, I felt bad cause I was having me time and he was in pain.

Guess I will get going, gonna try and squeeze in another walk before it gets dark.

Talk later, Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:41 PM   #13  

hey all...well today wasn't as bad today...but still quite crazy. at least i did see the light of day at lunch. hope everyone is enjoying all that the weekend brings. right now i'm enjoying a good margarita and watching the gators play (and right now they are looking very very bad).. check back later.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:50 PM   #14  

okay..half time and the boys are looking like crap...so decided to check back and answer everyone.

joan- a hay ride sound like so much fun.

karen - yep still using the backpack..i don't think the mutt likes it that much but its easier for me than carring her water But she's not resisting it...just walks a little more slower

lois - sorry to hear things on the home front aren't so good. hang in there. i think some good quites time is always needed

laurie - i wonder if i'll ever be close to a 3...but good for you...seeing goals are great. you go girl...keep kicking some butt. I wonder if bella is happier now that she doesn't have sis anymore. I know it was such a hard decision for you,..but i wonder if bella is now enjoying that time instead of always hearing sis scream. you said she was quite a hand full...maybe bella enjoys having her mom's full attention. give her all the love you are. Hope you enjoyed the canoe.

pmsci - i loved knocked up...but definately don't have kids near by..very rauncy...but it was funny.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:24 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Well, the crazies were still in abundance tonight. I had to move fixtures around and stock, and when it was time for lunch, I didn't even realize it. The person that worked with me was from another department and we each had to close two registers. Her first one was in another department and she was gone for over an hour. I heard her counting it like 7 times.

Laurie, I agree with everyone else, Maybe Bella is just more relaxed. I also think you should watch for any other symptoms, though ~ just to be on the safe side ~ because we don't know your daughter.

Lauren, how'd the painting and the cleaning go so far? Hope you can enjoy some of the weekend.

Karen, glad to see you back. Glad you had some "me" time and got to spend it talking to other adults. I think sometimes we forget about the "me" times.

Alicia, you will really like those books.

to everyone else.

to the newbies.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote