Old 08-16-2007, 07:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something daily chat Aug 16th

Wow! i'm starting the thread 2 days in a row. Where's all the early birds. There was an amazing amount of post yesterday. I read all of them but forgot most of who said what...sorry short term memory lost.
I'm excitied...tomorrow DH is here for good...woohooo...i cant' wait. And we'll get the new a/c next week.
Hope every one has a good day.
Sheila - glad you joined the dark side of espresso machine owners. LMAO...its great isn't it (:
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:39 AM   #2  
KAR

Morning All,
Still a little sleepy from having to get up so early since the stepkids got dropped off early today. So I am yawning as I sit here typing.
Hope you all have a good day today! I have to make a phone call and see if we got the loan we applied for at our bank later this morning. We have some bills that we would like to pay off and buy propane for our rental house for the winter. Please keep your fingers crossed that we get it. It would help out so much just to have one payment then the five or six extra ones we have with the rest of our current bills.
GG glad your dh comes home for good tomorrow! I bet you are soo happy you can't stand it. Do you have the hours and minutes counted down yet? Just kidding.
Well I better think about getting myself moving for the day. Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning Guys (Rooster ... where are you???) & Gals (MO .... where are you???),

Another great start this morning. Got up at 5:30 to workout and just got home from walking the two older kids to school. I met more neighbors again this morning walking their kids to school. I knew that once school started I'd be meeting people right and left. My little one thinks that every day should be a "play" day LOL. She wants us to go to the zoo today. With this heat? I don't think so. Today will be spent cleaning the house. I'm starting upstairs and working my way down... I've let things slip the past week or so. Perfect zoo weather will be in a month or so. I just love having my little buddy home with me. They broke the mold when that little trickster was born. She's funnier than most adults. DH has a wicked sense of humor and our youngest takes after him.

GG ~ yippee... your honey will be moving in full-time:-). How's the heel spur? A good friend of mine had one and it was painful. Can you get rid of them on your own or does it have to be surgically removed?

Kerry ~ good luck with the loan. Hope that it works out for you. Also, congrats on the weight loss this week.

Happy Thursday everyone ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:01 AM   #4  

Good Morning All!

I am a little nervous about today. We have a tasting at 4 and on my desk will sit some gourmet cheese and crackers, some amazing mushroom pate and spicy shrimp dip, and delicious french baguette. I am not going to have any of the food but will have to taste some of the wines (equaling about a 8 oz glass) and will have to taste some wines tomorrow as well. I have 2 vendors coming in to get me to try new wines and I need to taste in order to find out if I am going to buy. The problem is not all the calories from the wine but that my will power goes when I have had a little to drink. I am going to keep telling myself BE STRONG, BE STRONG.

Anyone in the same boat?

Laurie
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:14 PM   #5  

Morning all!
GG- Hooray for you! Your dh is ALMOST here. Bet you are sooo excited!
Kerry-Hope all goes well at the bank, and you are able to make all your plans happen. That would be great for you.
Joan-Great job getting up early and working out. And hope you have fun with your house cleaning!! LOL Enjoy that little one this year while she is at home with you. It goes fast. Some days I love having time to myself and other days I feel so bored and restless not having kids around. I stay home, and you can only clean, and shop lol so much before it's tough finding things to do.
Laurie- BE STRONG today!! YOU CAN DO IT!! Too bad you can't do what some wine testers do. Taste it, swirl it, and spit it out..lol. Your vendors would prob. think you had lost your mind. I am the same way if I drink. I used to save room for a couple of beers in the evening in my calorie range, or WW points depending on which I was doing. BUT the prob. became I would get the munchies as well. I finally just had to cut it out except for special occasions. I could easily drink Corona with lots of lime every night. But not if I want to be skinny!! LOL

As for me I dropped the kids off at their bus stop and went straight to the Y. I did about 80 min on the bike. I also talked to a trainer that several people had highly recommended. I am going to start training with her next week. 3 days a week. I meet with her for an hour on Monday to do fat comp. test, walking or step test, and my goals etc. I'm a little nervous.. Never had a fat test or a cardio test. UGH! I am super excited to get started though. I so hope I see results.
Well, I guess I should find SOMETHING productive to do. It's so blasted hot going outside does not even appeal to me. Cool weather please get here.
Chat later,
Heather
Hdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:38 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Been busy this AM. Had to drop everyone off this AM, since DH's car is still not working. Have to do some cleaning in the kitchen this afternoon, but totally dont' feel like it. I'm sleepy. Gotta leave around 3:30 to pick everyone up again.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:10 PM   #7  
KAR

Well we didn't get the loan so now I am depressed. All I want to do is sleep. I guess that is a good thing instead of wanting to eat.
Glad you all are having a great day!
Laurie stay strong this afternoon at your wine tasting. You have willpower I know you do.
Lauren hope got your kitchen cleaned and got a nap in before you have be taxi cab driver again this afternoon.
Heather glad you got to the Y and set up your appointment with your trainer. That is great!
Joan hope you got your house cleaned. I would have much rather went to the zoo like your little trickster did. But i know when it is hot out you don't want to be outside for long.
Hi to everyone else. Check back in later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Laurie ~ just *reading* about that food is making my tummy rumble. Cheese? Wine? Mushroom Pate? Sorry. I know that I'm supposed to encourage you to stay strong this afternoon but just can't do it. Have you ever tried mushroom brie? Let me just say... HEAVEN.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone!

Laurie my mouth is watering. BE STRONG!!!

GG how nice that DH is coming home for good!!! how exciting!!!! sounds like you guys a pair of love birds. I talked to DH about the dog (therapeutic) and he was very interseted in looking into it, he has been wanting to get a chocolate lab but has been putting it off, he wants me to start doing some research about the therapeutic training for the dog, I see a chocolate lab in my house in the very near future!

Heather that is great you are getting in the routine to go to the gym, it is the best thing!

Joan good luck in the cleaning department, I may have to start cleaning here myself, we have a ton of bills for Sean and people who are going to start coming to the house to help me, even once he starts school, I will need someone to come and help in the late afternoon, so I may have to say chao to my cleaning lady for now, I don't have to!

Kerry so sorry to hear about the loan :sad:

I am feeling pretty good today!!! it would be better is it wasn't this hot!!!
I had to go to the gym today, Sean went to the child watch, so I had 2 hours to be there, that was soooo great! I am going to go every day again, I need it badly, it felt great!!!! Today I have the teacher's aid coming to work with Sean for 3 hours. I am looking forward to that!!!

I will be back later!!!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

GG- gald he's coming home and in a month you'll be telling him to leave for a week LOL

First chance I've been able to get on a PC all day. Just rollin thru things. I can't wait for sunday so I can have a day off.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Just wanted to say goodbye to everyone for now! I'm on the plane as of
5pm tomorrow and I am working in the morning, so no posting for me!

Hope everyone has a wonderful couple of weeks! I know I will!

Sorry, short on time here so I can't respond personally to everyone.

To all of my friends who lend their ear and support

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

kar - sorry to hear about the loan...hopefully something will work out
heather - that sounds great...i too have a weakness for wine...hope you did well.
karen - heel spur is ok....rest and asprin is helping....but i really want to start exercising again. I haven't seen a dr about it yet (self diagnosis bad thing but since i'm a medical prof i have some clue) but from what i've seen and heard, surgery is pretty much a last option. But wearing a orthopedic insert is helping. I really need to lay off the stressful exercise (ie climbing mt) but already 3 days without walking is making me stir crazy.
lol at john...hopefully you're not right
hannah - yeah on the dog. Definately pick a good breeder...labs do have some health issues (ie hip displasia and skin issues) if you don't select good genetics...but i think its a great idea. It will help DS get into a routine that he needs. Dogs are good for kids.
alright all..off to bed..night
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote