Old 07-11-2007, 03:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/130

Height: 5f 6in

Default Ideas for Encouragement!

You know we read lots of great things that help us. like "Eat to Live not Live to Eat" ... "a moment on the lips a life time on the hips"... those kinda things.

Lets think of ways to throw a 1 person party ( or more) when certain milestones are reached.

im not very creative so forgive me .... hopefully you guys will help me think of better/more things... for example:

So you have reached the next 10's like for me the next one will be the 180's
Maybe to celebrate when i reach 189 i will listen to some 80's music while i work out.

Then when i get to 170's i will listen to 70's music.... something like that.

My reason for this is so we dont look so much to the long term goal...( see how far we have to go... or realize how much we gained)

but realize we are a work in progress and to celebrate where we are, how far we have come! or we are ready to start and keep going Be proud of your disition for change!

My new saying isnt that i want to be skinny... that looks impossible from here.... so i say... i want to be overweight! Sounds crazy but im obese! so it is a goal! then i when i am overweight i will say... i want to be a healthy weight! and when i look back and see i was obese... it will be great!
lendingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

hi lendingheart!
I have heard some ideas before for this kind of thing. I have read where people buy a sterling charm bracelet and add a charm for each 10 pounds lost. By the time you've reached your goal you have a beautiful bracelet and a daily reminder of how far you've come!
I have also heard people say they get a manicure/pedicure/massage something like this for each ten pounds lost. It should be something out of the ordinary for you.
As long as it's not food it's a good reward!
Laura
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/130

Height: 5f 6in

Hey i like that .... really like the bracelet too.

KEEP THEM COMING!
lendingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:57 AM   #4  
hara hachi bu

I like the "listen to 70s music in the 170s" idea! It's a regular reminder that things are changing.

I'd have to listen to 60s music for now, but hopefully after Monday's weigh-in it will be 50s music! I don't think I have 50s music in my iTunes library, even! I must have some. I'll look later. Ha - by the time I reach my goal weight I'll be working out to music from the 1870s.

I also like your goal of saying "I want to be overweight!" ha ha ha, cute, but true. I want to be obese (instead of "severely obese", as the charts tell me).

My biggest motivators are usually inexpensive clothing items. I try to buy things that get me out of my typical jeans-shirt pattern, like incorporating skirts, changing up the purse more often, or adding a hat or scarf to an outfit. As my body changes, different things look good that didn't look good before.

Last edited by phantastica; 07-13-2007 at 01:24 PM.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

I like that bracelet idea.....maybe it would motivate me to actually lose weight instead of whine about it.
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/270/150

Height: 5'6"

Default re: ideas for inspiration

I buy and iTune for every pound I lose. : )

J
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/205/175

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodama View Post
I buy and iTune for every pound I lose. : )

J
Ooooh! I like that idea!! I really need some new music, but have been feeling guilty about buying it. I think I could justify this.
hotmama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:02 AM   #8  
EGR

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/140

Great ideas!! Love the bracelet with charms or spa service for every 10 and love the ipod song for every pound!!
Not sure what else...off to think...
EGR is offline   Reply With Quote