Old 07-06-2007, 05:55 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Dee snorkeling sounds like lots of fun! enjoy

Angie enjoy your vacation, I wouldn't worry too much abut loosing weight while on vacation thought!

Tamara congratulations both on your sister's wedding and on you loss of weight!

Karen have a great time! enjoy the beautiful weather!

Lauren I never had gels put on, I had acrylics in the past, I took them off every time I would get them, wouldn't last more than a few months on and I would go and put the on again, no more for me, and I hated having to go to the salon every other week, can't stand the smell. Good luck with the interview!

Lisa I send you a big huge hug, I wish I was closer I would come and fix you a delicious chicken soup (w/matzo balls) sorry about the job, something else will come along!

GG enjoy your family, sounds like you are going to have a great time, that is great that gp is in good spirits!

Sheila I love it you say just like it is! good for you, it sounds to me like DH needs an attitude adjustment, I hope he wakes up and smells the roses really soon. Hang in there!

I am not doing so hot today, lots of pain, I feel the insides moving and it is not a good feeling, it really hurts. It didn't help that my sicko mother has been causing a lot of problems in the family, my aunt that wanted to come and help got yelled at my mother and they got into a big fight just because eh has been talking to me, and my mother thinks that if I don't speak to her, then her sisters can't speak to me, yes they are my aunts, but in her eyes they are "her sisters" I am telling you my mother is just plain sicko and crazy. I know better, I shouldn't stress over her, but I do, I don't know how not to let it get to me. I don't need the stress right now!
I am going back to bed.
See you all tomorrow!
Have a great night!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:59 PM   #17  

Hello!

I just thought I'd pop in and say hi to the few people that may remember me. It's been a long time. Things are going well here. I have discovered running and that has changed my life! I love it and am getting close to meeting my weight goals (which makes me incredibly happy).

Dh is doing well and DS is now a lawyer in Chicago.

I remember hitting 40 and staying on this site. Are you guys still in your 30's??

Hope all is well with everyone! Take care.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:21 PM   #18  

Height: 5' 7"

Rabbit, Congrats for being close to your goal. I was just thinking about you the other day. I was in Chicago for a conference and there is no way that I would ever live there. It is way too expensive. Keep up the good work.

All, thanks for the kind words. I actually have some good news now. I start at another place on Monday. They didn't even want to interview me. They saw my resume and that was that. I will be working M - F (8 - 5). There might be some days that varry by an hour but all in all not bad. I will let you all know what happens Monday. Oh and I still have the part time retail job too.

Lauren, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers on Monday. Luckily this new place is Business Casual w/ jean days on Fridays.

Sheila, If you need to pm me that is fine. I understand completely what you are going through.

Hanna, sorry about the pain. (both physical and parental) It is hard to not listen to what parents might say, even though you know it's toxic. My suggestion would be to think about all the positive things that are going on in your life. The support groups that you have in place. Don't dwell on the bad.

GG, enjoy your time with your parents and GP. Because you are doing all that swimming and stuff, you are makeing up for it. Maybe just watch your portion control.

to everyone else that I missed.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:23 PM   #19  
Yes, I can! Yes, I am!

S/C/G: 182/152/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Hey Everyone

Lisa, I'm sorry to hear about the job. Keep your head up and I'm sure that you'll find something soon.

Lauren, I've had gel nails when I've bitten mine before and they HURT! The activator for the gel is worse than acrylic in my opinion. I'd go acrylic. The gel may be gentler on the natural nail but it hurts going on and I don't think it'll last as long.

I took the kids over the beach today to celebrate being off and able to! We came home with sand in every crevice, sunburned and happy. But now, I'm afraid that I may have gotten a touch of sun poisoning and btw, I had a HUGE oreo shake while I was there!! It was probably my whole day's calories, so now I'm beating myself over the head about it and wishing I hadn't done it! It'lll make the rest of the weekend even harder! oh well!

Dee, I hope snorkeling was great.

Angie - hope you are all set for vacation and have a great time

Everyone, I hope you all have a great weekend!

Jenn
LilMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:24 PM   #20  
Yes, I can! Yes, I am!

S/C/G: 182/152/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Lisa, Congratulations! I must have been writing while you were...that is wonderful news!
LilMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:09 PM   #21  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

RABBIT!!! Girly, you think you can just pop in here and post a quickie?! Missed you girl, think of you often! If you notice, I have not deleted your bio. Oh wait, actually I soft deleted it...it's still there, just no one can see it except mods. It's soo nice to hear from you! I'm hitting 39 in 11 days. RR & Karen a little ahead of me though.
Congrats on your accomplishments!! I've always wanted to be a runner...or at least a jogger. But I think my boobs would get in the way! Soo nice to hear from you! Hey, go check out the Pics thread, stickied up top. There's some new pics of the kiddos, and we'd love to see your beautiful before/after pics!

OK guys, as for the nails...I went and the girl was sooo nice. Couldn't understand her real well, but she was real gentle with the file and only used the "drill" file thing after she had the tips on, and she was real gentle with that too. Because my nails are soo bad, she had to use powder gel on the base, then liquid gel on top, like a top coat or something. They look pretty much like acrylics to me. Nice and short, but still hard for me to type with, since I'm not used to them. ANd she convinced me to do my brows too! I'm never done them, and actually have been told they're nice, so I was almost insulted. But she just waxed them a little, to give shape...and it wasn't as bad as I imagined. I told her I don't normally subject myself to unecessary pain.

Jenn, Hmm, the gel didn't hurt at all?? Maybe the liquid gel hurts more than the powder?

Lisa, Congrats! Is it perm, or temp to perm?

Hanna, I used to do the same thing, pull them off within a week or two. I never just went for fills, always needed at least a couple replaced.

Sheila, it was 68 total for the nails and brow wax. The nails were 60, I think, because normally the liquid gel is 45, but she told me 15 more, because they had to use the powder. I think fills are 20.

Goodnight all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:20 PM   #22  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default Night all!

Just wanted to pop on and say good night. Lisa, congrats on the job... everyone else, I hope you all had a good day too. Soon I'll learn everyone, I hope. I ended up not snorkeling as the water at the beach was horrible. I can't wait til next weekend, we're going to try and go out on a boat for 1/2 a day... We ended up at the other little beach at low tide, and walked around checking out fishies and hermit crabs (the boys LOVE them, and there were so many out today). Unfortunately there were lots of little jellyfish type things, so we didn't get very far in the water. Still had a good time though. Have a great weekend, all!

Dee
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:01 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Lisa congratulations on the job! I am so happy for you! and I am very happy to hear you can work both jobs, a little extra income is always great! Thank you for the kind words, you are very sweet! I will remember them throu out the day and keep a positive attitude

Jenn the beach sounds a lot of fun! I miss going to see the ocean, I can't wait to be able to just drive by, as soon as I drive again that will be my first stop.

Dee it looks like you had a great day by the water too :smile:

Nothing much happening here, DS is already in bed and asleep, dh should be on his way home pretty soon.
Talk to you guys tomorrow, have a wonderful weekend.

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote