Old 07-03-2007, 08:14 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Tues., 7/3

Mornin' All!

Lois Lane, FEEP = Fun Earned Exercise Points......wink, wink, if you know what I mean.

GG, sounds like an awesome time!!

Getting closer to being all set with the house.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:04 AM   #2  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!

Looks like everyone had a good weekend. I was extremely grateful for a long weekend (Canada Day), and we put it to good use. We cleaned out the garage, basement and storage rooms. We had a 12 cubic yard bin dropped off on Thursday and we've almost totally filled it. It's so much easier than hauling stuff off to the dump load after load. There was so much junk still left over from the previous owners of the house, I just don't get why people don't get rid of their stuff when they sell a home...!

Anyhow with a million trips up and down the stairs and hauling stuff I must have worked off some calories. Yup, Monday morning 209.5! Yeah! That's a total of 16.5 lbs in about 5 1/2 weeks. I've finished my fitness survey at Curves (I was only allowed to work out the three times a week during the survey, but now as often as I want) and from June 11 to June 30 (9 workouts) I lost 6 lbs and 2 inches! (1/2" bust, 1/2" abdomen and a full inch off my hips!). I sure wish they were open earlier in the morning so I could work out then, but they open at 7 AM and I start work then... Oh well, I'll just keep sticking to my after work schedule and work out on Saturday mornings.

Hope everyone has a terrific day.

Cheers, Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning All ~

Christina and Tamara ~ congrats on the weight loss! Nothing like seeing those numbers go down:-).

GG ~ I'm so glad that you and DH had a wonderful weekend. You've been working hard these past few weeks and needed some serious down (as in lying down;-) time. Sheila made me write it. She's a bad influence!

Lauren ~ so, the house is still happening??? I wasn't sure if that was on or off since of the death of your FIL.

Moving sucks. I don't want to do this again for a very, very long time. I've unpacked boxes for over a week now and finally I can see the light at the end of tunnel... The front room is filled with empty boxes. DH has already made three trips to the recycling place with flattened empty boxes. Plus, we've started painting so the place looks like a bomb went off. I am so thrilled with being in this house though...

We moved into this new neighborhood a little over a week ago and I've still not met *one* neighbor. DH has met a couple very early in the morning when he's leaving for work. I think that this is a bit strange? The community that we came from had a very warm community feel to it. I remember when we first moved there that several neighbors came by to introduce themselves to us. We had so many wonderful neighbors. The new neighborhood is loaded with kids (we live on the same street as the school) but we rarely see them. I'm wondering if maybe a lot of people are on vacation? Or, maybe both parents are working... not sure. Just seems odd to me.
Hope that everyone has a great Tuesday ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello!

GG sounds like a great get away, I am so happy for you! Good luck with the move, it is great you can start moving stuff little by little. Sorry to hear about GP I am truly sorry, I will say a prayer for your grandpa and your family. I guess all there is to say is sorry and I hope he doesn't suffer much, try to remember the best times you had with him.

Lauren what is happening with the house, when are you closing? Did you get the refrigerator situation solved? I hope everything else goes very smoothly.

Tamara Congratulations on the loss of inches and weight! YOU Go girl!

Sheila I am sorry I didn't understand what you said:
Quote:
Hannah: You go girl I am glad to hear you got some. I am still stuck on the batteries until DH starts feeling up to it. I am jealous!!!
I think you meant to say that to Gatorgal right? NO FEEP for me, that is yet! to fresh from surgery, I think that is what you are referring to right? LOL.

We had a crazy night my friend that owns the other yorkie called to tell us here was a coyote in her back yard and we were very lucky she was outside w/the our little yorkie boys, cause the coyote got her little guy, she was able to get him to drop him before the little boy got hurt, she took him to the vet and he did have puncture marks from the “bite” around his mouth, fortunately they are up to date on their rabies shots. I immediately asked her to bring me back my dong, I am so scared! We do live right behind a canyon, and we do know there are coyotes there but we never thought they would jump the fence, I guess there is a shortage of water in the canyon so they are ecosystem is not balance, I am very worried about the new building they are trying to do right in that property, who knows what is going to come out of there into our back yards and homes. On a much more positive note my support group (moms of bipolar children) have been incredible, they organized to bring my family dinner every night for 2 weeks while I recover, I never in a million years would've expected or even imagine the generosity of this wonderful women! they truly are great! they have been bringing food and it has been great, all delicious, they lady that brought food last night told me she didn't cook the meal herself because she didn't know what do since the lady that organized it said I kept the house kosher, (I didn't know she had said that) she is like an angle sent to this planet, she is orthodox Jewish and she had her best intentions when she told everyone my house was kosher, so back to the lady that brought dinner last night, she went to my favorite deli (she didn't knot that) and she ordered 4 full meals, oh my G-d it was so good, I felt really bad because she went totally out of her way to get to this deli, the bad part is this deli is not kosher, I didn't have the hear to tell her that, but we enjoyed the meal and the cheesecakes she bought for dessert. NOT LOW CAL, but oh boy, it was sooo good, my neighbor came over to eat with us, there was so much food, and there is so much food left over! I had no idea how much these women do for each other, I am so thankful and appreciative of their generosity, it sure makes me feel appreciated isn't that so nice? I have been thinking of a way to say thank you and my friend suggested a fruit basket from http://www.ediblearrangements.com they have fabulous baskets! I don't think I can send the same type of basket to the nurses at the hospital, what do you think? should I just stick to chocolates for them?
I got to go for now, have a great day!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:29 AM   #5  

GG pathology was clear any cancer, thank you for asking!
Hanna
Old 07-03-2007, 11:33 AM   #6  

HI Joan! we were posting at the same time. Don't get discouraged about the neighbors, it is summer time and they may just be out and about.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:46 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Hanna, I would think anything that you do for the nurses would be appriciated. I think those baskets would be perfect. Of course I also like the chocolate idea too. I guess either way, I'm not very helpful am I. LOL!

GG, Congrats on your nice weekend. You deserve it! And with your busy schedule ahead, just think it will slow down, eventually.

Joan, you crack me up! Even though it looks like a bomb exploded, we would like to see pictures. Hopefully the neighbors warm up to you. Most likely everyone works. You will probably get to know them once school starts.

Lauren, How are you hanging in there? Glad the house seems back on track.

Tamera, Congrats on the loss, both on your body and in your house.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:12 PM   #8  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Another quick *wave* from the vacationing Rooster.
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:30 PM   #9  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone,

Whew, summer has been hectic here. Sorry to be MIA so much. I've been doing stuff with the kids outside. My computer time has been severely limited! I'm mostly getting my email and that's it. Here is a link to Cassie's BD pictures (I really had no idea I hadn't been here since before her BD!) Click on the small pic for a bigger one. http://groups.google.com/group/kosso...birthday?hl=en

Hello and Welcome to the newbies! We are so glad to have you here.

Joan: Glad that you are in the new house. We only see our neighbors on the weekend. We sometimes stand out in the driveway and talk. That's the extent of our involvement. We had new neighbors move in and tried inviting them down for dinner and getting to know them. They seemed to have a nice time. Then we invited them for Alex's BD and they said they would come. They never showed and have avoided us since. I have no idea what's wrong, but I guess we did something wrong. I'm so tired of trying to make friends IRL. I totally suck at it.

Hana: I'm so happy that your surgery went well. How are things going for your son?

Lauren: I hope things are going well with the house. I'm sorry to hear about your FIL. HUGS to you.

OK gotta go. Cassie is trying to slide down the sliding board!! Gotta catch her.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:55 PM   #10  

hello!
It has been a good day, DS came home from school really happy and hungy, then FIL who has been so wonderful came to pick him up and take his to his house and to the pool, I am so thankful to have him!
I have been knitting all afternoon with my little yorkie on my lap.
Have not even grabbed a bite to eat, I am not hungry at all.
Karen Cassie is beautiful, glad you had a nice party! Sorry to hear about your neighbors avoiding you, people are so strange! I don't get it. I am so happy to hear you are having a good summer, how is your DSD? Is she still away from home?
Hanna
Old 07-03-2007, 08:30 PM   #11  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

Ok. So we found a house that we can move into. it is a little small but the rent is 200 less than we were paying now and the yard it twice the size. So now I have to get my house packed and moved by July 16. THANK GOD I DONT WORK!!! and my step daughter is staying with us for the summer so she can help me. THIS IS SO STRESSFUL.......

So I started working out again. Now I just need to get my eating under control. I think that I am PMSing cause I want to eat everything in the house and I dont feel full. Im going to try to eat less carbs. Im not doing Atkins. I am still doing WW but I am going to stop eating carbs after lunch and just eat more protein and fruits and veggies for snax and dinner. I am hoping that will help keep me fuller and help me lose weight faster. I bought the Barilla wheat pasta. OMG it is so good. It tastes almost like regular pasta. So that is a plus.

Well I hope everyone had a good day.

My internet has been down so I havent been able to get online and i have been LOST. HAHA

dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:54 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Karen, what a cutie! Oh my goodness. You are going to have problems with the boys later on (but don't even think about that now).

Hanna, It is RoadRunner that has the DSD #2 away from home. But that's okay, sometimes it really is hard to keep track.

dek, I would be doublely (sp?) freaking out. Don't worry though ~ I am sure that everything will turn out fine.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #13  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hannah I am sorry I did mean gator

well my vacation is sucking eggs. My husband finally opened up to me. He blames me about his dad. I showed him the cell phone bill and he doesn't believe me that I did call him. He said he hopes i live in torture. The problem was his dad over reacted when he did not give me the chance to say anything. Now that he has passed away mark says never to talk about it again and he hopes I live with a guilty {cons} for the rest of my life. His sis is going around saying really bad things about me. Which I can handle but it was said in front of my kids, at the beauty salon. Anyway not to happy about the situation. As far as I am concerned if I have a husband who does not believe in me nor trust me then I don't have one. I was told never to bring his dad up again. Because I didnt mention this to him before then I am an *******
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:22 PM   #14  

hi Lisa thank you! I did get them confused sorry!
How is the job hunting? have you heard anything?

Everyone have a great 4th of July!

Hanna
Old 07-03-2007, 10:26 PM   #15  

Sheila I am so sorry, I feel very sad for you husband, sounds like his grief has let him become immature and coward, that is too bad, from your posts I think you are a great Strong positive woman with lots to offer, I would strongly suggest he gets help! stay away from people that can hurt you or your children even with their words, stay away from his sister. The truth always comes out sooner or late, keep your hear high!
Hanna