Old 05-30-2007, 06:47 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Chat: Wednesday, 5/30

Mornin' All!

Just waitin' for the iron to warm up! Have a great day!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:49 AM   #2  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Default 30 something wed May 30th

Good Morning Everyone

I have been gone for a while my memorial day was ****.

My father in law passed away. It was so sudden. Everyone including him thought he had the flu. He didn't he had a massive heartattack. My Aunt passed away and apparently the nurse didn't know that she wasn't to be resesitated and they did so she is suffering again. Interesting.

I am doing daycare today and thursday as funerals are friday. I feel really just beside myself. My husband is just not doing well. At least my father in law didn't suffer per say like cancer and being on oxygen etc.

I will catch up later

sheila
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:08 AM   #3  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Oh Sheila, I'm so sorry sweetie!!!! Love ya, Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:14 AM   #4  
Kalamazoo Girl

GOOD MORNIN' ALL YOU WONDERFUL 3FC.....OH YEAH, KFC YUMMY BOWLS WITH CORN AND CHICKEN AND GRAVY AND NOW A BISCUIT...OH, SORRY THREE FC! Anyway, good morning my fabulous friends!

I sooo totally want Red Lobster biscuits now...and shrimp scampi. Mmmmm...delightful. What kind of a phreak wants Red Lobster for breakfast? Hmmm....

Ok, well my kidneys are in excrutiating pain. My doc thinks it's nothing. Yeah, ok. We'll see. Maybe it's just my goofed up mattress or something...but it feels like my kidneys dang it!

Lauren-I gave up totally on ironing! Now, I just throw my clothes in the dryer first thing in the a.m. and pull them out after a spell. Doesn't always work (like this morning), but hey, who cares? LOL

Ok, gotta run...jurors jurors oh happy jurors coming in this morning..and ANOTHER group this afternoon. Geez I need a man in my life to help with this stress...... SHEILA-watch it guuuurl, I KNOW you want to bring up the toy topic again! Has anyone heard from Tina since I was gone???? And no, I haven't forgotten that I owe you all the scoobie on the absence. And no, I didn't get a boob job (though there IS a new cellulite treatment-a safer lipo that I'd like to check out).

Luv Ya, Melinda
Old 05-30-2007, 08:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all. Woke up with a big headache this am...and my jaw is hurting. I'm so glad i'm getting my mouth guard today from the dentist. I really think i was grinding my teeth bad last night. I'm probably stressing since i'm getting a root canal today...ugghhh...actually i'm getting a bad root canal fixed..which i think is going to be worse. SO i'm so looking forward to my 10 oclock apt. But such is life.
Morning lbh and mj...
sheila- i'm very sorry about your FIL...that is awful. Hang in there
hey to everyone else.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:31 AM   #6  
LBH

Sheila, I'm sooo sorry for your losses. How awful that they were soo close.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:36 AM   #7  
LBH

Melinda, you're a nut!! You've got to stop with the food references...makes me hungry and it's certainly not healthy stuff!! As for the ironing, I'm some kind of freak that LOVES to iron...I love to have a pair of really wrinkled cotton pants, take a really hot steam iron and press the wrinkles away!! Such a satisfying feeling! I'm serious!! Course, it's not what I want to do first thing in the AM, but I'm too lazy to do it all in one shot!

GG, Ugh, good luck girl...I don't envy you! The most I've had done is fillings and a crown...I'm a wimp. Oh, I did have my wisdom teeth out, but I went to a Orthodontic Surgeon who knocked me out!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:53 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning! It has been a very long time since I have checked in here and I see lots of new names along with some familiar names. Sorry I "checked out" for so long, there are countless reasons, but I am back now!

Lauren, RX, RR, Lppennington, KarenK, 707goddess~Glad to see you all are still here! Hello to all the new 30somethings too!!

Well, I am still battling with these last 19lbs, but I went back to Weight Watchers in hopes of beating them off. In my absence, I had gained 15lbs, so that is gone now, thank goodness, so WW is helping me, now it is just this last hurdle that I seem to have so much trouble getting over. I am going to stay strong and beat this!!

I had kind of put myself on the back burner for a while because of my youngest's troubles with his Asthma. He was SO sick all winter and it was just exhausting keeping up with all of his Meds, Dr's and so on, I just did not care about me, I was just so worried about him. Then I had a couple of a health scares myself and it was a brutal reminder that I NEED to take care of me so I can take care of my family.

So anyway, I hope that you will take me back! I missed chatting here!
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:06 AM   #9  
LBH

Hi Darcy!! Nice to see you back! Sorry DS had a rough winter, hopefully it gets a little better for him.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:47 AM   #10  

good morning!...

sheila: i am so sorry to hear about your fil and your aunt...we had 3 people die with 10 days..final funeral services are today...good luck and hang in there

well off to get ready for my day...have a great one everyone
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning!
first I want to send the warmest wishes and hugs for both Christina and Sheila and your families. I am so sorry for your losses, it has to be very though, my prayers are with you!
Lauren I don't mind ironing at all, I find it relaxing! have a great day, I am sure you are going to be very well pressed today! LOL.

GG sorry for your tooth ache, I don't like going to the dentist, I rather go to the OBG than the dentist, that's how bad it is!

Melinda You are just too funny! are you going to red lobster for dinner? I would love to go too, to bad you are so far away from me! LOL.

Nail-Lady hello! and welcome back!!!

I am tired today! I didn't get a good night sleep, I was very worried about today's meeting with the school. We have "the" IEP meeting this afternoon. I have no idea why I am so on easy about it, we know Sean is going to Day Treatment very soon and we know how bad things have been so I have no idea what this is all about, I spoke to the advocate last night and he is would like to see Sean going into residential treatment, he thinks DH is waiting too long to send him to residential, his advice is send him there now and nip it in the butt before it really gets worst, he (advocate) scared me by telling me teacher who DS stabbed with the plastic fork last week can sue me if she wanted too. DH still has lots of hope.
Wish me luck!

I am meeting a friend at the gym, we are going to take a class today, I am looking forward to it!

Have a wonderful day everyone! Melinda try not to think about the Red Lobster's food all day!

Hanna

happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:49 PM   #12  
Kalamazoo Girl

Hanna: I'm so pissed that the advocate even brought up the lawsuit possibility. Like you don't have enough to worry about! That ticks me off. They all need to get over themselves! Hello.....like Sean really intended to hurt anyone. OOOOOH that makes me sooooooo friggin' mad! Lawsuit...that is exactly what I've been dealing with for the past 9 years on and off in different courts (what took me out of town for 2 weeks)! Grrrrr........ My thoughts are with you little muffin!

I WAS A BAD APPLE! I ate a pizza. 8-( Thin crust though. Yea, yeah...and I'm the one that complains for days about a dimply butt. Hmmmm...gee!

Now I'm craving a grasshopper (ice cream drnnnnnnnkkkkkk). MMMMM....yummmaaaay!

Welcome back Darcy! It must be a relief that some of the regulars you know and love are still around eh???? Speaking of regulars, where the heck is Lisa???

Melinda
Old 05-30-2007, 03:22 PM   #13  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

my whole life is upside down right now
I kicked jessica and the baby out last night and im torn up in side just feeling awful BUT it needed to be done jessica has been down right disrepectful through the prgn and even after and i couldnt take it any more i mean horriable name's screamed at me daily and she never wants her baby i had it last night .... after i babysat for her she gets mad over something and starts threating me that she's gonna destroy my house car etc I LOST IT Slapped her and told her to get out i've been living everyday dreading going home after work for MONTHS now sigh
I didnt have anyone else to come to but you guys
do you think i did the right thing
PLEASE BE HONEST and ask any questions re the whole situation
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Michelle - x100. Boy you really need them. I'm so sorry for you. I think you did the best thing possible. "Tough love" isn't just tough for the child, it is tougher on the parent. My mother had to do the same thing to my brother when he was about 18. Different circumstances (drugs/stealing), but it about killed her. She was so worried he would be dead on the street. Now, he owns 3 businesses and has 2 kids. I am assuming she and the baby has somewhere to go. My only concern is for the baby. As long as you feel she (baby) will be taken care of. Really makes my problems seem teeny.

Hanna - We need to slap the advocate! It's not like you told DS to stab the teacher or that the behavior was ever acceptable. I think he is just trying to scare you into that residential treatment. If you and your husband aren't ready, then he's trying scare tactics. I have a friend whose son had/has behavior issues. Not as bad as Sean, but still.....her son stabbed the principal with a REAL fork. He wasn't really hurt and there's been no talk of law suits. Her son is better now, some maturity, some meds, some OT therapy. The OT therapy seems to have really helped him. I know you've probably tried everything. I agree with others to have the meds adjusted. Just remember risperdal can sometimes make the issues worse instead of better in kids.

Nail-lady - welcome back. I am new since you've last been on, but we all need to be reminded to take care of ourselves first. If we aren't healthy, then we can't help anyone else. Hope the asthma is under control.

GG - good luck on the house hunting. It must be very exhausting and after the week you've had! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

Sheila - so sorry about the FIL. How is DH holding up? I don't know which is worse having someone die suddenly or after a long illness. I keep thinking suddenly. But I think too much about death anyway. Sorry too about the aunt, it really bites when peoples' wishes are not carried out. My step-father had a DNR before he died and when he was "dead" they still asked my mom if she wanted to have the code team called. It was awful. She was in no shape to make that kind of decision. My heart and prayers will be with you and your family.

Hello to everyone else. I am feeling a bit more "up" today. I did get out of the house yesterday to run some errands I have been putting off. I am the world's worst procrastinator.!!!!! So, I guess hiding out in the basement is not the best idea ever. Whoever said to get up, thank you. It got my butt in gear, not for a walk, but still. It was very hard to do so, but I feel a bit better.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:48 PM   #15  
Kalamazoo Girl

Michelle: Hey babe, I think you know we all support you and stand behind you no matter what! I kind of feel you might be troubling over the events last night mostly over slapping her-ya think? The bottom line is, you're a good mom who has bent over backwards to support your family. People get angry and feel they cross the line-does that make them horrible people? ABSOLUTELY NOT! You laid it out on the line way before this with Jessica and told her what could be the result of her continued disrespect. She's old enough now to be getting her act together! Besides-she has a BABY to think about!!!! I do think you need to make a mom-daughter date and just get away, the two of you, for a lunch out after things cool down a bit. Keep trying to rebuild the relationship-let her put her frustrations on the table and you outline again and again your expectations as a parent. I don't know...maybe I'm not making sense. You're a wonderful person with a crapload of stress on your shoulders-I don't think anyone blames you for losing it but yourself! We LOVE YOU GIRL! Melinda

GG: Hey pumpkin!!! How did it go with the root canal? Yuck. I've never had one, but dread it. Do you get knocked out for it? They'd have to with me...if I even have any idea of what's going on in there....watch out...I'm kicking someone in the WHOOOAdaddy's! Amen! I grind my teeth something horrible most nights too...my teeth are pulling away from the gums in like 9 spots....really purrrrtie. Melinda

Last edited by mjoste; 05-30-2007 at 04:54 PM.