Old 04-25-2007, 06:23 AM   #1  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Default 30 something wed April 25th

Good Morning

Well this morning is starting off slow!

Beautiful weather here. Oldest son being naughty last night to his dad DH just lets him talk that way. I am glad I am not his dad because I would have smacked the crap out of him. If I get this kid graduated I am going to go on a major vacation like for a month!

I am preparing for a busy busy day not like yesterday!

Eating went well.

take care everyone
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:01 AM   #2  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Hi All! I only have a quick minute to chat, but I'll try to come back later...jury day and we're gonna be raisin' the roof up in here....crazy busy.

Anyway, OK OK OK....so the pit bull talk almost has me convinced..and the posted pic was an absolutely adorable little kissy face. BUT..keep in mind that my hamster (who's like the size of a large hand) still spooks me once in awhile...so it's probably just me.

As to the talk of xdrive. HELLOOO----if there are any fellow Scorpios out there....we are the queens of phreakdom! AMEN. Unfortunately, since I haven't had a date in two years I've also not had a booty call. Maybe that's why I got "blessed" with hypothyroidism-because it's zapped my interest. BUTTTTT.....if a guy would show some interest I certainly would give it the ole' college try! The thing about guys here in Kazoo-they only go for the super hot women or the booty ugly. If you're average looking, with a few extra pounds and are intelligent (as a woman), guys won't even look twice. They SAY they want a woman that is independant and good looking enough to be attractive but not hot enough to attract a ton of attention....MY REAR! Roo-I love you, babe...but you're married and married guys always have a different perspective....so don't dare tell me I'm wrong!!!

BTW, Roo: I still think it's cool as shoot-your hobbie.

Lauren: I'm so glad to hear mom's doing pretty well!

Ok all-LOVE YA...gotta jam....not in the mood to deal with all these grumpy people that will be arriving soon! Grrrr..... Don't mess with big mama today! Oh, and guess what? YUP, my weight.....has gone.....UP! Frickin' scale-bite me!

YEEEEEHAW!

Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:18 AM   #3  

I am so sorry for not being around much, ladies. I do miss this daily thread. IŽve been to a family meeting (well just a bit too much fat ), we picked up little boy from his concert tour (which was fantastic), picked up the exchange boy from France (very nice boy but doesnŽt want to eat what I cook ) and try to fix our computer problems. My brother in law who`s the freak for computers said we should try and save the stuff and get a new one. Thank you so much..... Eating is going ok but I havenŽt been to the gym because of this terrible allergic reaction.....I hope to get back on track tomorrow.
Hubby is out of town from Thursday until Sunday night so IŽll take the chance to check the board later than usual to chat a bit with all of you
See you then!!!!!!!!
Hugs
Kirsten
Milagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:26 AM   #4  

Oh my..............

you know what happend when I was reading the threads I missed over the weekend? I forgot the pot with water on the oven. No more water in it (that should be clear after more than half an hour.....) and the pot looking not very nice anymore

Be careful what you do
Milagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:44 AM   #5  
sheila

Lauren; I am glad your mom is doing well. Hopfully recovery will be quick and easy for her.

Melinda: Girl friend you need to get out a little more. Why don't you and some friends go to the city have a girls weekend and dance your butts off I am sure those city boys will be lined up by the dozen. I am going to say this and should be avoiding it all together but until then you know they have novelty shops to take care of health issues such as over active labido!! Seriously ladies, when you start loosing weight the DH seems to ummm take more interest. From what I have read and experienced from a size 3 to a 16 now a 10/12 ya it makes a difference.
Kirsten: sounds like you have had one busy weekend and week. Hope things smooth out there some.

Hello everyone
Old 04-25-2007, 08:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all..let me first start by saying..i'm finally out of the rutt. The last 3 weeks i've been bad and fluctuating between 176 and 174, gaining and loosing. Well this am..i lost 1/2 pound...(actually 2.5 lbs since last week i was 176), this am i'm 173.5. Now i only have 4.5 lbs to go to my 20 lb goal. I'm sooooo very excited. And this am, my day off, i got to sleep in since i worked for someone at the barn last week (we traded days). So i'm well rested and ready to work out (after i get off here). I hope i can stay out of the rutt i was in last week.
milagro - sorry about the pot...i've done that before...i almost ruined a new all-clad pan on day not paying attention, but luckily dh salvaged it for me (:
mj- hope your day isn't too bad. hang in ther..and say hi to the hamster!
sheila - you definately deserve a vaca after you son graduates. Hang in there girl.
ok...time to walk the dog and then go to the gym!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:17 AM   #7  

just a quick update before i have to jet out of here for errands...fyi..i think dropping below 174 has got me motivated. I took my dog for a 35 min walk (and my mutt doesn't believe in walking slow LOL), and then i went on the elliptical for 25 min. I even got some abs it...wow its been a while since i've forced myself to do ab workout. Alright all...good luck on eating today..i'm outties..have a beautiful day.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

GOOD MORNING!
I am not in a good mood
I have a very big family in Mexico City, my mother is the biggest trouble maker that ever walked on the face of the earth.
I am so glad I am so far away from them it is not even funny.
Basically they have pretended I am not part of the family, first I married very young (in Mex. City) we moved her (w/ex) he had his own business, manufacturing, well to do, bla bla bla. No I didn't come here illegally. He used to bit me up, so I divorced him. My family wanted me to sell my condo and move back home, I am so glad I didn't. Then I met my DH and obviously I remarried. My mother who thinks she is very important and so on, never forgave me for getting divorced, oh well, her problem not mine. Dh is not Jewish so that gives her another reason not to be nice. And when we adopted DS she freeked, not because we adopted but because he is black. Go figure! So I don't really want her around, I don't want her to hurt DS in any way with any smart a** comment. In my eyes she is EVIL! DH doesn't care for her either.
My sister who can do no wrong in my mother's eyes, is a little witch, she had 3 children, one of her boys is having his bar mitzva in May, she called to tell me the date so I would be there, well I have been living here for 18 yrs. she has come to visit ZERO times, I got married, I got DS there has been plenty of times for her and her s****d husband to come and share with us, but of course they wouldn't he thinks he is better than any member of our family.
Anyway, I just found out my dear sister had been here in the states recently, she came shopping for every one in the family of the bar mitzva, didn't even bother to call I would have maybe meet her NO PROBLEM, but no!! so there is this big fight going on between my mother/sister/me. Why don't I come, how dare I don't bother yet anther time. Every time I go to visit even if its just for a weekend it cost us no less than a couple K, and it is very stressful, always fights, my mother just doesn't know how to live and let others be happy. If I was to go I would have to stay with her, if not she would cause too many problems for my aunts, and that's not fair, I go for a couple of days and then my aunts have to live with all the problems for many months to come. I will not do it to them.
DH and I talked about it and we are going to take a family vacation instead! and make great memories!!! thanks for letting me vent!

Lauren I am so glad your mom is doing ok,
Sheila I am with you gal, take a vacation, I need one too, BADLY!!!

Melinda I agree with Sheila you need to get out more! there are good man out there!

GG congratulations on the loss, yeah!!! you are on the right track, keep that work out going!

Krinstan that is so great to have an exchange student, have a great time, good luck with the computer. Get some rest while DH is not home, get a massage!

I got to go to the gym, I have to get rid of some of my stress!!
and I have shopping for Saturday's birthday party for DS! he still wants a power rangers cake, I will do my best!

Talk to you guys later!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:39 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornings Girls,

Got up early to take my little ones to school and have been going strong ever since. It's amazing how much better I feel this morning; simply my moving my fanny more! Feels good to get so much accomplished already today. My little one she says to me each morning, "what are we gonna do today mama?" We dropped my two oldest off at school this morning and she says, "let's go get coffee!" I'm onto her... the coffee shop has pumpkin muffies:-). I got a huge cup of coffee, a muffin for her and nothing for me. I'd already had a banana and yogurt here at home so I was fine. My #1 goal this week is to stop and think before eating. So often, I pop something into my mouth out of habit, not hunger. Baby steps... I'm just so grateful that my back is feeling much better and I'm able to start moving again.

Sheila ~ girl, I'm not even gonna go "there..." Have a great day!
Melinda ~ my favorite girl from Michigan! I hope that the increased dosage of meds helps you out. Let us know when you notice a difference. I had to laugh when you wrote how married guys always have a different perspective. How true! I have several single nieces that are beautiful and my DH can't understand why they aren't dating. He's an old married guy now and has a whole different take on the situation.
Milagro~ we've missed you! I noticed that you hadn't been around. I can't believe that you're still having allergy problems. Wow ~ this has been hanging on for a while. Hope it clears up soon and you can get back to the gym. I know how much you love your workouts.
GG ~ so glad that you're out of your funk! Your notes are so motivating. When is the big move to Atlanta?

Happy Wednesday!! Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hanna ~ I think that your idea of taking a family vacation with DH and DS is an excellent idea! Sounds like you only go back to Mexico City out of guilt. Costly guilt at that; financially and emotional. You don't need that kind of stress. You've got enough on your plate as it is. It's too bad that you don't have a support system within your own family in regards to DS but at least you love your in-laws Count your blessings in that department;-). Where are you thinking about vacationing?
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:56 AM   #11  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2be View Post
don't know why it posted twice, can that be fixed! I will try to edit it and see if it can be removed,
Hanna
I got it for you Hanna.

Be back to post later. Kids are wild right now!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:05 PM   #12  
sheila

Hanna

I agree with Joan. You know my mom is alot like yours. We live in the same town she has even told my kids {boys} who are both teenageers crap, It used to bother me but I ignore it. If she wants to talk to me great but I can tell you I have been this way for about 4 years maybe longer and I don't like it but It doesn't control my every thought if that makes any sense to you at all. Doing something with your spouse is the way to go I am not saying to forget about your mom but you picking your own battles, well lets just say it makes it so there are not as many eventually she will get tired of causing the problem and shut up or just do it occasionally. My sis also is very close to my mom and ya somedays I do wish we were closer but I also know that when I am around my mom for some reason now I get really down and negative like she is so my visits are short.

I just vowed to be a different kind of mother. My mom never stood up for us kids ever, it was always everyone else. I am not that way. Keep up doing what you are doing. The only thing I can tell you is you have it somewhat easier because you have the support of your husband mine could have cared less.

My motto: You can pick your friends but you can't pick your family and boy is that ever true.

Good luck!
Old 04-25-2007, 12:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

GG - Congrats on the loss!! That is sooo exciting. You always motivate me to exercise. I wish I were an outdoorsy person like you. Trying to be more of one now that I am away from the heat.

Hanna - I think taking that family vacation is perfect. You have enough to deal with w/o your poisonous mom infecting your family. My mom is not as bad, but still bad. She always "trys to be better." But she is a little medeler(sp?). She never has quite grasped the concept that I am a grown married woman. And she and DH hate each other. Very stressful. But now I am 1600 miles away instead of 10 minutes. Much better. I can handle phone conversations.

Milagro - we missed you. Come back when things are better. Don't feel too badly about the pot. My niece decided to heat up a can of something on the stove by putting it in a pot of water sealed. Then she decided to take a nap. BOOOMMM! Exploded all over her new kitchen. Everyone does bone-headed things.

Well, I was awakened this AM by the kid I live with saying there are policemen and firemen by my truck. Aparantly the fireman was trying to turn the big huge firetruck around in the cul-de-sac where I was parked. He didn't quite make it and the back of his truck grabbed my bumper. It moved my truck a couple of feet and scraped the side. Not to mention the bumper. Aggrivating but fixable. And my alarm sounds like it is choking. Will have to get that fixed too. But c'est-la-vie. That's why they are called accidents. More aggrevated I was up too early. I am super sleepy now. And my interview is in a few hours. Going to take a nap.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:43 PM   #14  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All! Just brought mom home. Going to get her settled, then try and enjoy the day!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:22 PM   #15  

wow hannah...man the more i read the post the more i understand you daily struggles...first let me say i feel so ignorant LOL...(and hope this doesn't come off as an un pc term, its not meant to be). i didn't realize there were a lot of jewish ppl in mexico..i always assumed most ppl from mexico were catholic. But now i'm learning something. First let me say i'm sorry to hear your family treats you crappy. I think its awesome you adopted a child of a different race. Screw her if she can't see past his color of skin. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. I think you shouldn't worry. I think it is sad that DS doesn't get to enjoy his grandmother, but she obviously wouldn't treat him like a grand kid should be treated. So i say...go have fun...go for a fun family vacation. Don't worry right now about family. Maybe they'll come around...just don't count on it. Make you life your own and enjoy your family. I wish you better relations with your family but if they cannot accept you, DH, and DS for themselves the screw them. You don't need to expose your son to ppl who hate others.
joan - good for you for saying no to the muffins. and btw...our move will be in mid july..and i'm ready for it. Really getting excited now.
fannie - sorry about your truck..silly firemen. Were the firemen cute at least????? LMAO
hey there lbh - hope your mom does well
as for me...ran some morning errands and i actually finally took my "before" fat pic today...very depressing..yes its minus 15lb but finally did it. But you know what...its freaking motiviation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so today dh invited me to meet him and coworkers for lunch. I origianlly was going to go..but it was a mexican place..so i said no..for a couple reason..even though i love mexican..i hate this place since there is not one single thing healthy on their menu and i knew i would just sit around and eat a TON of chips. It felt great to say no. i did grab lunch at my fav bakery. now the lunch wasn't perfect calorie wise..but it was healthy. It is a caprese sandwhich, fresh mozarella (about 3 oz worth) with some balsamic, fresh tomato, and basil on ciabata bread. I figured via calorie king it was prob around 500 cal but i would have eaten triple that at the mexican. And i allowed my self one small cookie and took a cupcake home for DH...but none for me. So not perfect but pretty darn controled today. Talk to you guys later..i'm off to the barn!!!!