Old 04-01-2007, 12:05 PM   #1  

Default New Here

Hey guys, am new here. Just recently turned 32, and have over 100 pounds to lose, and need a little jumpstart. So thought would give this place a try. I am so frustrated because everything I have tried to this point has not worked. Plus the guy I absolutely adore (who have been dating the last few months) pretty much proved he doesn't care.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to start?
nettersc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:34 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Net... For starters, dump the guy! If he doesn't care about you or your feelings, he's not worth it!! Hop on over to the Daily Chat (or Weekend Chat) and tell us what you've tried!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Find a "change of life" (note i didn't say diet) that works for you. Some love Atkins, some weight watchers. I myself have found calorie counting the easiets. With fitday.com and calorieking.com i have found it easy to journal all my food. But you have to find something that works for you and doesn't make you go crazy. Also, get out there and start moving. Even if its a slow 15 min walk. Anything is better than nothing. Don't get frustrated if you "Fall off the wagon" .,...we all do. And come join us for support.
Welcome and come join our daily thread. good luck
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Glad to have you here!
I agree with Lauren, dump the guy. If he doesn't care, then he doesnt care and he isnt the one for you. Believe me, it's like night and day when you find the one who DOES care. My husband is the best and treats me great. I am 100 pounds overweight myself and was not much smaller than I am now when we starting talking to each other (before dating).
Anyway, I have always done the best with calorie counting. I can eat 2000 a day and still lose. Right now I have been floundering but really do want to start losing again. I feel so much better about myself when I am in control of my eating.
good luck and hang in there!
Laura
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/165/130

Height: 5'7

hi net!! i'm new here too,with 30 pnds to lose, but my problems are i have joint issuse my shoulders,knees,neck are shot right now i walk alot,i just ordered the hiphop abs dvd's and can't wait to get them & get goin,i know we can do this cause we have these gals that will support us all the way
kscritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:16 AM   #6  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Netter: Hey Girl! I agree with Lauren! You need to come over to our daily thread and little by little we'll help you start over and reach your goals----the key for me is in listening to the struggles that everyone else has faced and supporting them...in the process, my life has already begun to improve! Again, welcome. Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote