Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 01:01 PM   #16  

HI ALL

Tonight is weigh in. I will probably maintain. I had an okay week. Better than last week, so I am making progress again. Should not have a gain.

Elisa - I would not have the control with the hershey's kisses at this time. That's why the suckers are so perfect for me - having more kisses around would tempt me to overdo. I don't like to rely on my willpower - which is not always available when I need it!! Hooray to saying no to cake! I know what you mean about a new "section" on a doctor's scale! Hooray for getting to a new one.

have a super day all.

RABBIT
Old 11-08-2001, 04:56 PM   #17  
Working on Weight loss!!!

It would take too much will power to control Hershys Kisses!!!!

Feeling tons better...FOrced myself to go to the healthclub...I am gonna do some research and see what excercises are ok and which are not...I want to do everything right!!!Refman wants to take a pic of my stomach at each month...I dont know cuz I am just right in the 7th week and cannot "suck it in " all the way anymore!!!It made me sort of self conscious when he hugged me and commented on the roundness of the belly, but he assures me that he thinks it is beautiful!!!!

Rabbit-Good luck on weigh in!!!

Elisa-COngrats on the new scale range!!!
Everyone have a great day!!!
RR
Old 11-09-2001, 08:12 AM   #18  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default just a quick note....

Thanks everyone for the congrats on the new scale range - except I'm not quite there yet - have to break 150 first!! I'll let you know when I get there but it'll be a little longer.......

Have a Great Day,

Elisa
Old 11-09-2001, 12:32 PM   #19  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Just wanted to pop in quick and say hi! I'm soo busy this week. Have auditors here yesterday and today. Having a horrible week food wise and work wise. My boss reamed me yesterday, because my files are a mess, but it's not my fault they're a mess...I inherited the mess...I'm trying to clean up the mess!! But, since I'm the admin, and people are complaining to her, I get the brunt of it. I went home and had a few strong fuzzy navels last night!!

Today is better, but I'm still on edge. Will probably hear it all again in a couple weeks when we get the audit report and it says our files suck! I'm in "I wanna run away" mode this week.

I did not make it to weigh in last night, and it's probably just as well that I didn't! I have not stepped on the scale all week, but I don't feel like I've lost anyway. Had to postpone my walk through with the trainer too, because of work. Will probably re-schedule for next Wednesday, since that's the only day she's there. May go and exercise a little after work tonight if I have the energy.

Have a great day all!
Old 11-09-2001, 03:12 PM   #20  

HI ALL

I maintained last night. I did better this past week, so hopefully next time I will get a loss.

RR - glad you are feeling better. I have a picture of myself at 9 months pregnant in a bikini! And I love it. We lived out in the country at the time so I wasn't running around that way publicly.

Lauren - hope today is a better day for you!

better run -

RABBIT
Old 11-10-2001, 10:36 AM   #21  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Default on the road again?

Hello everyone,
I apologize again for my absence. This just slipped away from me and to no surprise, I am not doing well on the weight loss frontier. I am probably at my highest weight ever (non pregnant) and so I see a correlation between my gain and my absence here.

I have not read everything but a few pieces of news stood out to me... RR, you are pregnant?!!! That is wonderful!! Congratulations!!! Please try to keep an open mind about the changes in your body. There is a wonderful purpose for them. I am so happy for you. By the way, my husband took pictures of me each month and I think it is neat to look at them and see the changes. Good luck to you!

Pryia, first I want to say HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY. I feel like a rotten friend for forgetting you! And Congratulations on the job! What great news! Sounds like things are going pretty well for you and I am happy for you. (and I miss you)

Hello Rabbit, you always have the ability to inspire and motivate me. I look forward to keeping up with your posts.

LBH, hi Jersey girl! Good luck finding a home. We are paying 1500/mth rent for a 2br townhouse. But that is high because we are living here month to month with no long term committment. We were willing to do that because we wanted to get a place in this town so we could get ds in school. So it's been 6 months and we have been really picky about finding a house. But we are here and there is no pressure to leave so we hope to make a very good, carefully thought out decision on a house. In the meantime we are comfortable enough.

Hi Jul! Good to see you here.
Hello to all the others, that I don't know as well. I hope to stick around long enough to get to know you better.

BFB, thank you for the info on the sports bra. I went to their web site and found it easily. I am going to get one. They are expensive but I expect it to be worth it. Thanks!

Sonya, if you are reading I was hoping to catch you posting. I have always liked your posts, so pop back on and help motivate an old friend ok?

My current status is this ~ Our scale broke. I joined cardio kickboxing at the end of August and go 2 to 3 times a week. I really enjoy the class. I stopped going to WW at the same time I started the kickboxing. I was on WW almost exactly a year and when I dropped out I was a pound over starting. I am not sure how much I weigh but my clothes are very tight and uncomfortable. I wear only my elastic waist pants now. Taking the class was supposed to help me lose weight but I am eating SO much, even when I am uncomfortably full. I need to lose weight to do better in the class. It's like a circle. Lose weight to do better in the class to lose weight. I am remotivated to do this on my own and today I am starting over. I am going to drink the water (which I have not been doing at all) I am going to stay out of the leftover Halloween candy and eat more vegetables. I know what needs to be done. I've been practicing losing weight for so long and from so many programs. I've decided that being here again is another good step. It keeps my mind on healthy living. I read the thread called How much have you lost? Or something like that. It's like mini success stories and it was helpful.

In other news, we are still in temporary living and doing fine with that. DS is in Kindergarten and it is SO cool. He is also in Karate which is great. I am teaching 4th grade and have the same kids I had last year. It is amazing! I am really enjoying that. Things are going well in all areas except this weight thing so it's time to tackle it. I hope I can do it this time.

Miss you all and thank you for letting me nudge back in.

Love,
dani

Last edited by happyface; 11-10-2001 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-10-2001, 02:07 PM   #22  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I am at my mom's today, doing laundry. Oh, how I can't wait to have a place with laundry!! Mom is at a Women of Faith conference in Philly w/my aunt. Think they're coming home later this evening. It's just me and the darn bird! He is kinda funny though...

Yesterday was such a horrible day...I'm soo glad it's over. Thursday was worse, work wise, but I got home and asked DH if he wanted to go out to eat and he said he had been thinking the same thing. We ended up at Outback...even though we both like Lone Star better...but Outback is closer. We pigged out...split a bloomin onion, I got a 12 oz. special steak w/garlic mashies and salad and bread of course. He got ribs and fries. We went home stuffed. It was soo worth it though...I needed the night out! ...Oh, and the Alabama Slammer I had was pretty darn good too!! Haven't had one of those in years, and I knew I wanted to get a little loopy, and fuzzy navels weren't gonna cut it!! It worked, and it only took one on a fairly empty stomach to accomplish it!!

Dani-!! It's soo good to see you!! I've missed seeing my jersey girl buddies!! Funny you say $1500. is high...just shows what a difference it is between north and south jersey! $1500 seems about average for a 2BR TH around here...and you're lucky if it's got 2 bathrooms or laundry too!

Rabbit- I'm sure the loss will catch up to you next week! Suckers are great things! I get on a roll every now and then and have Tootsie Pops...it's gotta be the chocolate ones to make it worth it for me though...I wonder if you can buy just chocolate...hmm...

I did not make it to WI...will just wait til next week.

RR- I say go for it with the pics! And don't forget to label them! I don't think you'll regret it, I think it sounds like a great idea! I know when I get pregnant I will have DH take pics.

BFB- My friend Kristen told me about Enell not that long ago and I wrote down the website and forgot about it, I think I will check them out, because I really need one! SHe said they send you two sizes or something and you tell them which one fit better and they make it or something like that??

Have a great day all!!
Old 11-10-2001, 04:40 PM   #23  
A princess in the making!

Default HI!

Okay guess who joined WW for the thousandth time. YEP! That would be me. I am okay with rejoining. Although I have gained back 16lbs. I swear I could just slap myself. But I have journaled and counted all my points so far today.

I even walked 2.5 miles to the dry cleaner and back. I figured I could be lazy and take it to the one in our building at work, or I could use a coupon save 50% and get in some excerise.

Dani-
Good to hear from you. Don't worry about my birthday. I really miss you too and one of these days will email you.

The new job is good. But I split time between 2 buildings so I get a 8 block walk every day. I should have asked for a shoe allowance.

LBH- ARE YOU STILL INTERESTED IN PARSIPANNY?
Old 11-10-2001, 05:29 PM   #24  

HI ALL.

Nice to see a few posts! I have done a little Christmas shopping these past couple days and it has been fun. I'm getting in the mood. Although I still can't believe Thanksgiving will be here so soon. A friend of mine joined WW last week to keep herself on track so she will not gain over the holidays. Such a smart thing to do!

I counted up my miles today and I'm at 791.5 miles.

Happy - so "happy" to hear from you!! Thanks for the kind remarks! Sorry about your gain. Coming here all the time sure helps me so I know what you mean.

Lauren - yep, those suckers are lifesavers for me right now!

Pryia - hooray for rejoining WW and for your nice long walk!

Have a good weekend all!

RABBIT
Old 11-10-2001, 07:15 PM   #25  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Hi again,
I am very conscious of what I am eating and I am conscious of how full I feel. I still made some "not so great" choices today but I am aware of how I am feeling and eating less. It's a start.

It is good to be back!

LBH, yes, I have to say, having the laundry machines right in the townhous is a big plus! I was really hoping for something with a washer and dryer since in our first apartment we didn't have that. Plus it has a bathroom and 1/2. It's good to know I am not paying what would be considered High up there. But this is more than my mortgage was on my house! But as I said it is worth it because of the school factor. I consider this central jersey, by the way. South of us is much more affordable. The further south you go... But to you we are south.

Pryia, congratulations on your decision to go back to ww. Good luck! Great decision on the dry cleaning. Sounds like your work has built in some exercise! That is a good thing!

Hi Rabbit, thanks for the welcome. It is good to be back. I am going to try to stick around. I know it will be good for me in many ways.

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!
dani
Closed Thread