Old 03-11-2007, 11:34 PM   #1  

Default The last 30lbs. . . . please help!

Hi all:

i read about this website in Oprah's magazine . . . thought i would give it a try.

My story:
i started my weight loss efforts at 233lbs. (i'm 5'11''). now i weigh 174 for a total loss of 59 pounds to date.

My "issue":
i know i look best at 145lbs . . . about 30 pounds away. i weighed 145 for about one week in high school. i know i can do it and i know it is a reasonable weight for my build.

the BIG problem is that i cannot for the life of me get myself to stay focused enough to lose those last lbs. i held steady at 180ish for about 6 months and then recently lost 10 more lbs . . . but keep sabatoging myself for the rest.

What i think the problem is:
i think i'm just terrified. terrified of men finding me attractive, terrified of being that small in such a big world, terrified of not being in control, terrified of not being a wallflower, terrified of being vulnerable. these last lbs are sort of a shiled or a protector from the real world. i'm still sort of under the radar at this weight, where losing those last 30 lbs would get me noticed.

HELP!
has anyone been through this? how did you muster up the courage to lose those last lbs.? to not be afraid of being so vulnerable or noticed in public?

thanks for your help!
victoriajoe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:52 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Victoria! Let me just say, as someone that is 5'10", you must look fabulous at 174!! Congrats on a job well done! I know 145 is on the lower end of the weight range for "our" heights, but I'm sure you look fabulous at 174. Would you say you are small, med, or large boned? That could affect the way you look/feel also, I guess.

Did you just lose all this weight? Maybe try being comfortable at this weight for a little bit, then go for another 10, and another 10, til you're truly comfortable. Think about it, in high school you were 145, but soo much more immature. Your body has changed by the time you hit your 30's! 145 might not be realistic.

But, hang around here and you'll get TONS of support!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:31 AM   #3  

thanks LBH. i appreciate the help.

i think i'm larged boned. i carry most of the weight around my belly and on my back . . . sort of annoying places b/c clothes don't fit quite right when you are bigger in the middle.

i like the idea of thinking about it 10lbs at a time. i think thats how i lost the last 10lbs, but did not really know it. its much easier than thinking about the entire 30lbs.

i agree too, that 145 may be a bit too small. i may just need to go to 160'ish. every 10lbs makes a hudge dent in what i'm carrying around the middle and how clothes fit.

thanks again.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:08 PM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

V, I've got all my fat in the middle too, it's very frustrating to go clothes shopping. I used to think I was large boned, but I have met women as tall as me or taller who obviously have larger bones than me, so I'm guessing I'm med-large boned. I'll just be happy if I hit 199.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #5  

hang in there!!! you can do it!!!!!! trust me . . . if i can do it with my passion for all things ice cream . . . anyone can!!!!!