Old 02-24-2007, 09:36 PM   #1  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Trying to choose a puppy HELP!!!

Dh Finally agreed that I can have one of the puppys that my moms Chihuahua had (the daddy is a Chihuahua and pom mix). I need help picking one out

This one has a very sweet disposition. Her fur is really soft, and she is the smallest

This one is the spunkiest, and the most spoiled. She looks like a chihauhua, but is long bodied. She has a very tiny bit of long hair around her face and her chest.

This one is the next smallest and has long hair. She is hularious and very sweet.

I wanted a tiny long hair puppy, but I have fallen in love with all three. Who do I choose? HELP!!!

THe rest will be sold for $75 to cover the shots food, and puppy pads my mother bought, and the extra will pay to have her dog spayed
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:43 PM   #2  
loving my beautiful self

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Oh my gosh.. you can't take all three of them huh! They are just soooo unbelivably sweet and adorable!!! Looking at the pictures, I just wanna kiss them and hug them and make them happy!!!! I can't stop awwing and smiling!!!!!

Good luck deciding! Let us know which one you adopt!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:45 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

I pick the first one...she looks very sweet. (For the record, I like large dogs!)
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Ahhhhhh.... I pick the third one. All three are so darn cute!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I love the markings on #3, what sweetie pies. I've always loved EXTREME pets. I've always wanted a very HUGE or vert tiny dog or a hairless breed of cat or dog. Being very big and clumsy myself, I'd be terrified of hurting a tiny dog, though.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Default vote for 3rd!

I had to jump on and vote I'm almost 30! They are all cute, but the third is so sweet looking!
I don't know much about chis, but poms do have genetic problems with seizures, just a FYI..........we had a full grown pom that we adopted when I was in high school and she had several, when talking with the vet, he mentioned this.
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 11:48 PM   #7  

Awwwwww...they are all darling, and I can see why you are having a hard time choosing! My suggestion is to go with your family needs. I see that you have beautiful children. I would see which pup seems to be the most child friendly. Does the pup follow you around easily? Does she seem to be a bit more forgiving of little ones? When you pick her up, does she want to stay with you or does she wiggle to get down right away and into mischief? From your description, the spunky one would not be my first candidate for young children.

The other thing to keep in mind is that a small dog will need protection from small children. A small dog can be physically hurt by an eager child, and temperamentally changed by an aggressive child. So I would watch the interaction among all your little ones. :-)

Good luck with your decision and let us know which one you chose and her name!

And by the way, I wouldn't worry about the seizure disposition, if any, of the pom, mentioned above These pups are not purebred pom and so most likely have "hybrid vigor". (Their genetics come from a larger gene pool.)
Gladdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 11:56 PM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

They are all 3 very cute. I'd see which one is friendliest around your child/children. Congrat's on getting a puppy.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i'm not a big fan of chihuahua's but i would recommend taking a calm one. One that is sweet and not too "spunky". Make sure you start training early. Chihuahua's have a tendency to be a breed that if you give them an inch they'll take a mile. They can be very Snippy breeds that are will take advantage of ppl if allowed. So start training early (in otherwords now!)...and make sure the puppies have ALL of the shots. Puppies need to go through a series of 3-4 vaccines prior to be completely vaccinated. Most ppl think that one shot is enough, but in reality due to the puppie's immune system, must go through a series of Boosters. Also since you have a small child in your house...as soon as you get the puppy, take it to a vet for a fecal check. Many parasites that small puppies have can be transmitted to humans...esp small children and cause a number of problems such as gi issues or even blindness (roundworm larve). sorry...its the vet in me giving a lot of advice. Enjoy the new pup.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

This note is for Lilybelle ~ just noticed your weight loss and have to say AWESOME!!!! You go, Girl!!!!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:56 AM   #11  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Agree with those who said 'see which puppy seems to interact best with the children'. Also agree that the children will have to be trained to interact properly with such a small puppy as well.

PS: I like #3, best.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:54 PM   #12  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

LBH. you would probably like TANK, he is my English bulldog, pit bull mix
Kaplods LOL at hurting a tiny dog. The daddy of these is always underfoot!!

Jacki: I'm not too worried, these guys only have about a quarter pom, but thanks

Gladdy, Those are very good points. I have one 3 year old,
and she has been schooled in playing with these pups. she is very good with them, and so far my only concern is I have to watch out for her putting them on the couch.

Gatorgal: Thanks for the info, it will be well put to use!!

Thanks every one for the imput I will be sure to let you all know my final choice!!
Old 02-26-2007, 07:54 AM   #13  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

What's REALLY funny, is I always seem to have pets that seem to have a death wish, always "jumping under the bus," (that is me).

My parents had a maltese (and my cat now does the same thing) that just as I was sitting down on a chair or the couch, would rush to jump in the spot my butt was about to occupy. Luckily both had a few "traumatic" experiences (from which they didn't learn, however), but thankfully no serious physical injuries.

Both these critters were under 13 lbs, and I can't believe they didn't get hurt. Just the other day, the kitty got her little paw stepped on because she got underfoot (and nearly sent me crashing to the floor trying to prevent collision).

I just can't imagine having a chichi or other pup that might way five pounds or less as an adult.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:07 AM   #14  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

LOL at kaplods kitty adventures!! My DH absolutly hates that!!

Speaking of temperments of diffrent breeds and such inspired me to share the details of this particuliar family tree. But first let me make perfectly clear that we are NOT selling this pups as anything other then what they are, and that is cute adorable little mutts
Ok here goes.
The grandmother. In 1992 my mother went to the vet an a lady have her a puppy. She said she was Chihuahua with shnauzer (sp?). We laughed that there could be any shnauzer in her. She looked like full Chihuahua, and mom named her Cha Cha.

We moved to AL and someone left a dog Fiast (No idea how to SP). Our Chow breed her and believe it or not she delivered healthy little pups. They were the craziest looking pups you ever seen, but they were adorable. I think the people returned for that dog a few months later.

My mother keeped one of the pups named killer, and killer breed Cha ChaThe only liter she ever had, so mom kept one named Puney. Cha cha died, so mom loves puney some much!! Well Puney looks like full Chi huahua.

This is several years later and at this point my mom only has the one house dog (Puney)

She was in Missouri last year, and Her brother had a tiny little dog. It was 1/2 pom half Chi. He gave it to Mom because he didn't feel he could take good care of it.

SO, Puney and "Dinkey" (Also know as Dinkey Dinkerson) Got married and had these cutie patooties. And we are selling the pups (as mutts because thats what they are). and Mom will be getting Puney fixed, and this crazy family tree will grow no more :P
Old 02-26-2007, 10:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Quote:
We moved to AL and someone left a dog Fiast (No idea how to SP). Our Chow breed her and believe it or not she delivered healthy little pups. They were the craziest looking pups you ever seen, but they were adorable. I think the people returned for that dog a few months later
Now that is a crazy combo
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote