Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2001, 09:39 AM   #16  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default WHERE IS EVERYBODY??

Is everyone okay? It's been so quiet here.......

Elisa
Old 10-31-2001, 10:21 AM   #17  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

I'm here, just been hanging out feeling sorry for myself. Trying to figure out what I want to do. Trying to stay on track...some track.
Old 10-31-2001, 11:45 AM   #18  

I'm here too. Kind of stuck on a 'maintain level'. Which is better than a gain.....but not as good as a loss. I think I've reached the point where I'm actually going to have to work at it now. I've lost 40 lbs total...have 1/2 a pound to lose by my TD goal.

We've been pretty busy with the bank and figuring out what kind of loan we want to 'grow' our business. Its been " all consuming" in my thoughts.

- jul
Old 10-31-2001, 11:52 AM   #19  
Pink Thingy

Angry

Hi all

exercise is going well, having some good days and some baaaad days. Haven't been to WW in a few weeks, just thinking I am not in the mood to pay to be told I have gained, so I am gonna get my butt in gear before I go back. Hope everyone is doing okay
Old 10-31-2001, 12:18 PM   #20  
Out there trying

so glad a few of you came out of the woodwork, I've just never seen it quite this quiet before.

Lauren - I'm certainly guilty of "lurking" and feeling sorry for myself, been there done that! Sometimes it's just hard to be cheery and post nice stuff. But you know what if you're pissed or blue just come here and say that, maybe venting will help you feel better.

BFB - nice to hear from you, glad that at least some days are good and I'm sure it will all come together. I also stopped going to WW for a while, I'm actually not going now but I'm doing everything I would be doing there - like keeping track of everything I eat, and weighing in. There are times when I need to go to the meetings for motivation but for now I'm doing okay on my own and saving my money for the gym (where I should be right now but am not).

Jul - my husband says the same thing as you, he's been losing weight just fine without drinking any water or getting any real exercise but he knows that will change and when the weight loss stops or slows down enough he'll have to try to add something. But 40lbs is so great!!

Elisa
Old 10-31-2001, 01:19 PM   #21  

***HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! ***

Hi all. Hope you have a fun and safe halloween and stay away from all of the candy!

Lauren - glad you checked in. I was getting worried about you.

Jul - only 1/2 to go is so AWESOME!!

Elisa - good that you can stick with it w/out going to ww!!

Gotta run - hungry!

RABBIT
Old 10-31-2001, 05:27 PM   #22  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!
just got in from the healthclub and getting ready for the little goblins to visit for supper and snacks..I know it is too early for morning sickness but I am the most nauseated in the evenings. It has been the hardest thing to do to eat supper at night...Other than that, feeling pretty good.Starting my fifth week and not any heavier..I guess that will be later!!!
Happy Halloween all!!!!

Lauren-Have fun tonight at the firehouse!!!Hope things are going better!!!

Rabbit--U R too right about staying away from the candy!!!I bought no chocolate..only nasty stuff that I hate!!!!!!

Elise-I agree about venting!!!THat is what we are all here for!!!

Vicki
Old 11-01-2001, 05:36 PM   #23  

HELLO

Weigh in is tonight. I don't know what to expect, a maintain, a gain - sure hope not. I'll be glad to start a new week. This has been a rough one food wise.

RR - I did get into the candy last night, too much candy and not enough trick or treaters. Today it is all packed up to be given away to my college kids.

have a good evening all - wish me luck.

RABBIT
Old 11-01-2001, 08:31 PM   #24  

I think we hit our all time record of numbers of trick-or-treaters at our door.....5. We usually have between 0-2. I only bought one little bag of those M&M blue bag crunchy things. I don't like them but apparently I've liked everything else in the house today!! I'm afraid I'll have a gain when I step on the scale in the morning.

I vow....to take a long walk tomorow and drink 5 bottles of water. It'll be a start! At least I've got lots of lemon and lime in the freezer to add to my water.

I think this is the hardest time of year to lose weight. Its dark early and all I want is heavy comfort food. (tonights potroast was really good - I haven't had beef in ages)

- jul
Old 11-02-2001, 12:25 AM   #25  

Hi all

I know it was oddly low for some reason (ok, I drank last night and had no starch = low morning weight), BUT...I hit the 140's! Ok, so it was 149.5, but COOL!!

Went on to blow it today (see daily food log - sister and BIL came over for dinner), but did the measurements and they were better than I thought they would be. Also, still have banked points left for the week (.5 )

Juldiet: Take that walk and good luck with the H2O. I agree, this time of year is so hard. Think that's why we created so many holidays (good excuses to eat!)? Good luck with the "growth".
Rabbit: Hope it went well! You can do it. You will get there.
RR: How exciting! Hope you feel better soon. Have you talked to your dr. at all about nutrition/weight during pregnancy?
Elisa: Still here. It has been quiet. Remember, cake is not cheating as long as you have the points! (blah, blah, blah)
BFB: Exercise! I am so jealous. I just can't bring myself to do it. Keep up the good work.
LBH: Glad to hear from you. Hope all is well. My advice (not even worth the 2 cents): Find some track, whatever it is you can stick to, and stick with it. Don't expect too much of yourself, just do the best you can.
Tech: Hope you are feeling better. You have had so much going on, you deserve a rest!
Old 11-02-2001, 01:52 AM   #26  
A princess in the making!

Wink MY BIG NEWS!!!

I GOT A NEW JOB!!!!

Yes once again I have a new job. This is the 3rd one this past year. But it is with the same company. AND I AM USING MY DEGREE!!! I am done with the Administive stuff. Not that I did not like it, but that is not why I went to school.

Hope all is well. As you can see it is very early. I have to sleep, I am having dental surgery tomorrow. LUCKY ME!!!
Old 11-02-2001, 05:28 AM   #27  
Working on Weight loss!!!

yeah Pryia!!!!Congrats on the job!!!!!

Rabbit-We probably had 100 little trick or treaters soo the candy was limited!!!I think buying the nasty stuff really works!!!
I have a new mindset--I just say to myself, Does Andrew really want that brownie or will he prefer to have that calcium rich yogurt!!!*L*The yogurt wins!!!!(ok possible Alicia!!!)

Iskipped the club yesterday for a nauseated nap...It really hit yesterday at the 6 week mark!!!I am taking notes for the next one of this group that may need some advice!!!!I find pretzels help and eating something every 2 -3 hrs....I now eat 8-9 times a day--little meals and feel pretty good...It still only adds up to about 1500-2000 cals/day like the book says but then I lose 500 on the treadmill..I am gonna really read about diet and excercise this weekend...Can still zip but that is closing in!!!
Have a great day!!!!
RR
Old 11-02-2001, 08:13 AM   #28  
Out there trying

Default help......

I need your help? Is it really possible to gain 2 lbs in one day?? Yesterday was a bad day for me. I was doing really well until someone brought in their leftover Halloween candy yesterday (smart for them bad for me). I didn't have any at home so it was easy but I was REALLY BAD and I got on the scale this morning and had gained 2 lbs in one day. Do you think if I'm really good today some of it will come right back off? 2lbs in one week would be bad but one day??

RR - hope you're feeling okay and there's lots of good sites out their for information on pregnancy and diet etc. I'm sure you'll be just fine.

Pryia - congrats on the job - it's so great when you finally get a job related to your degree - I know I've been there.

Bailey - 149.5 is soooooo great - I hope to be there soon but not with the way things went this morning. If you can manage to keep it there for a few days then I'm sure you won't go back. It's hard when you get to a new weight and then see it go back. So stick with it.

Rabbit - hope your weigh in went okay. And I have a question if you don't mind my asking - you often seem to have salad for lunch with no points for dressing - do you eat your salad plain or do you have any recommendations to keep my salad dressing points down?

Another food question is can anyone who eats yogurt tell me what brands you recommend? I've tried so many and I know it's a matter of personal preference but I'd love to hear your opinions. I don't mind the low fat or fat free but I find the ones with aspartame or some other sugar substitute taste funny.

I hope I have a better day today than yesterday - think I'll go get some water.

Elisa

Last edited by elisa822; 11-02-2001 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-02-2001, 12:01 PM   #29  
Pink Thingy

Angry

Just a quick post..

Pyria - congrats on the new job. You did well girl

Elisa - I'm not keen on the after taste, but I don't know if you get WW Fromage Frais - over here they are 0.5 points a pot and I think they are really nice. We also have a yogurt called Muller Light which is low fat and has sugar and sweetners and comes out at only 1.5 points a pot. Hope this helps

RR - ooh I am so pleased for you - if you could see the stoopid grin on my face I hope to get there one day soon

Hi everyone else, hope you are all doing good
Old 11-02-2001, 12:59 PM   #30  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

So far so good...I'm trying to stay on track here. WI went well last night, I was down 1.2#, despite the fact that I did everything possible to NOT follow program!! :confused: Whatever...it'll probably catch up to me next week. I gained 2.2# the previous week, which is part of what sent me into a slump.

I joined a gym Wednesday night. It's a small local place, looks like "Mom & Pop Opened at Gym" kind of place! They have raquet ball, which I don't play, and exercise classes and treadmills and weights. It's nothing impressive, but it's very affordable...$49/mo. with a three month minimum. I joined for 3 months, so I'll see how it goes, if I like it I'll continue in 3 month intervals.

Our PIA neighbors had to gaul to come ringing our door bell at 10:50 last night to ask us to keep the noise down!! These are the same people that crank Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd and Stevie Ray Vaughn at all hours!! You'd think they were deaf!! I was in the bedroom making the bed, DH was on the sofa watching TV. He answered the door, thank God!! You could hear in his voice that he was totally like, "Are you Kidding Me?!" to the guy!! So DH called the rental office for the second time on them and told them what's going on. The property mgr. said that next time something happens, speak to them and write him a letter, he will take care of it. These idiots have to understand that hard wood floors squeak, you can't change that. Carpeting is not required. Walls are thin...sh*t happens!!

I checked Weichert's rentals and found a bunch of single family houses and townhouses that we can afford, so I'm having my SIL look into them for us...she's an agent. I would love to move when the lease is up in February!!

Elisa I loke Dannon lite & fit, but Axelrod is not bad either...and they're a little smaller, 1 pt. instead of 2 and cheaper...usually 2/.99 here.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Closed Thread