Old 01-29-2007, 08:27 AM   #1  
Hopeful Loser

S/C/G: 167/165.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default 30 Somethings - Monday, Jan. 29th

Morning all!!!

I just read over a post I made earlier... I am sooo sorry about my typos. I can pretty much only get online at work and I try to make it quick so I am not "cheating the system", so my typing skills are below par when I hurry....

Anyways, had a GREAT weekend!!!

Mom flew in on Saturday morning and so far the visit has been fabulous!! And we have been eating relatively healthy. We had some real yummy baked salmon over couscous for dinner last night and planning on lean pork chops with a small starch and veggies tongiht...

DH comes home from his ski trip today, and leaves again tomorrow morning for a week long business trip... hence my mom being in town.

Anyway, the scale didn't move this week, but I feel better about myself and with mom in town I'll get some time for working out.

Hope you all had a great weekend!!!
Check back in later.

~Becky.
beckins1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:22 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Well I'm PO'd...unemployment will not grant my career training wish. Apparently the fund for that are reserved for the derilects that would rather live off the system than find an actual job. I'm too marketable...my skills are good, so I don't qualify. But I'm welcome to go get the training myself and if it lasts past my unemployment, they'll extend me. Gee, thanks, because I have a thousand dollars or so to put out for school.

Today I am really, really going to concentrate on what I'm putting in my mouth. I have not been good and the scale is reflecting that...along with a nice case of PMS. I'm up 4.2 lbs. this week!!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:21 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Lauren, I am soooo sorry. I wish I had some advise for you. All I can say is keep pluging away.

Becky, have fun with your mother there and congrats on the good weekend.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Talking

so sorry lauren..it suxs that ppl who don't want to abuse the system don't get the full benefits vs those who would rather sit on their butts and not use the system properly. Good luck with it.

For me..i must pay for my sins LOL . My DH and me went to Baton rouge, LA this weekend to visit family. God is cajun food so unbelievably good and bad for you at the same time. Enjoyed things that were not on my heathly lifestyle including crawfish etoufee (sp?), fried crawfish tails, beignets (fried dough and powder sugar), and muffelatta's (salami and olive sandwhich). oh well, i don't get good cajun food around my parts so i enjoyed it. I will work out hard this week and stay focused/motivated on my food intake. Just finished making a slow cooker morrocan chicken for din. Get me back to healthy food. So for this week...work out work out work out. I enjoyed my weekend but now must stay focused. Good luck to all.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/158/135

Height: 5'5

I had a very exhausting weekend. It rained all weekend and it was very cold so I couldn't get out to walk. My baby has decided that I cannot leave his sight and he must be held all the time. And he doesn't want to go to bed till 11pm. I am so tired now. But I did lose two pounds. Dh is really ready to lose weight as well. I picked up the book You on a Diet by Dr. Oz (from Oprah) it is really good. It is not about losing weight by losing inches and becoming healthy.

Did you know that a woman's waist should be 32 1/2 inches or less and 37 inches or more is dangerous. And a man's waist should be 35 inches or less and 40 inches or more is dangersous. Belly weight is the most dangerous weight to carry. Dh and I measured and were not pleased. We both have inches to lose.

Lauren - I am sorry they weren't more helpful.

Becky - I am glad that you are enjoying your visit with your mom.

Gator - cajun food is really sinful but sooooo good. I love boiled crawfish and they are in season right now. We try not to eat it too often since we can get them here.

Last edited by babybelly; 01-29-2007 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Add info
babybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:28 PM   #6  
Hopeful Loser

S/C/G: 167/165.5/140

Height: 5'5"

HEy all

Lauren - so sorry about the unemployment BS. It is so sad that you want to improve yourself and situation and they just poo-poo it. I live in a low income area and it is just so sad at times. Oh well, I won't go into all of that right now.

Gatorgal - SOOO jealous!!!! DH and I ADORE cajun food. Can't get much of it in VA. We improvise by making a lot of recipes and ordering from cajun grocers... yummy

Angela - how is the book? I bought it, and like so many other diet things, I have yet to start reading it. Sorry about your baby not being joyful. How old is he/she?? I have a 6 mos old, and he is teething and it is so frustrating at times. He was miserable from 2AM until I dropped him off at daycare at 7AM...

Anyhoos -

Chat later

~Beck.
beckins1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/158/135

Height: 5'5

Becky, I have 2 boys. Brantley is 4 and Jonathan is 7 months. I think we are finished teething for a while he got six teeth in, in 6 weeks. Here are some pics of my boys. I take a picture of Jonathan with this puppy every month to see how much he has grown. This is his 7 month pic.

babybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:25 PM   #8  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

hey everyone im alive and functioning sorta....got a cold now but i'm truckin thru it
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

babybelly- i couldn't live in La...wouldn't be able to avoid all the cajun food LOL. oh well. trying to get back on corse today..except the King cake my DH brought back from LA is sreaming my name and i didn't exercise today. I bought a new exercise tape...does that count LMAO.... guess not unless i actually do it. See ya tomorrow ppl
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:30 PM   #10  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Angela, the boys are GORGEOUS!!

Holy, Feel better soon!

Gator, Sorry about the food, I don't like spicy stuff, so La would be no problem for me.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:47 PM   #11  
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 236/229/165

Height: 5'10

It's been a couple days since I checked in here.

LBH, sorry to hear about unemployment. Sounds like we're going through a simular situation. I've been a SAHM for 7 years and my husband lost his job on Jan 3rd unexpectantly. He want's to change careers and become a correctional officer but the academy doesn't pay much and unemployment won't grant his training either. Now i'm looking for a job to try and make up some of the difference. I had a job interview this morning that i think went pretty well so i'm just waiting now to hear either way.

I didn't eat much at all this weekend because i had a nervous stomache about the interview. I made up for it today. I had starbucks coffee, 2 chocolate chip pancakes, Mcdonalds happy meal, crunch bar, then for dinner i had 2 slices of pizza. I also took a nap today. I don't do well with PMS and stress.

Baby, your boys are adorable.

Gator, I've never had cajun food. It sounds to spicy for me.

Holy, sorry about your cold.

Check back later.
My only Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170

Height: 4' 11"

It has been a few days since I have checked in. I am on day 13 of sbd and I am at a stand still. I haven't lost any weight in 4 days. And I have really been sticking with it. I think that I am going to try to stay on Phase 1 for 2 more weeks. I go to the doctor tomorrow morning for my diabetic check but I have been keeping it under control. I am down 8 pounds since I started so I guess that isn't to bad. Thanks for being here. Joyce
grannyjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:09 PM   #13  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Morning all
sorry i've been MIA i was playin hookie yesterday it felt good no work no worries i stay'd home and built my patio swing Boy that was tough i open the box and had duplicte pices but i made them work and i love the new swing I had to use my Home warrenty(SP?) for the first time the jaccuzzi stoped working so the guy called this morning and said he'll be out tomarrow

HOLY~ im glad your back so how are you and hubby doing?
LBH~MY only~ sorry to hear the bad new girls hang in there
Babybelly ~they are soooo cute
Gator Beck Lisa ~
well i'll check in later
Michelle H
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:52 PM   #14  
Michelle

S/C/G: 167.4/161.5/145

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone!!

Sorry I've been MIA for almost a week, gosh things just NEVER slow down. I was traying to catch up with everyone and see everyone is pretty busy with their own day to day BS...Me too, I ahvent exercised in 6 days now, fell off the wagon again after being sick, but I have still been eating pretty good, only 1 or 2 mishaps for the week....MUST get back on track....

Becky--enjoy time with your mom, sounds like you are...
LBH---I couldn't AGREE with you more...what a bunch of crap ...Good luck
babybelly--Very cute little guys. and I like the idea with the stuffed animal.
Joyce---It will kick back in soon, don't get discouraged...

Well back to work I go...Good luck everyone, I will be more accountable this week, I promise
Michelle M
mibrneydgrl is offline   Reply With Quote