Old 01-08-2007, 12:56 PM   #1  
Recovering Shopaholic

S/C/G: See tickers for latest!

Height: 5'3"

Wink Looking for the right group to fit into

Hi everyone!

I am looking for a group to fit into with whom I can chat/check in each day. I am a calorie counter who is trying to incorporate whole foods/super foods into my diet who has been maintaining more or less for 3.5 years or so, who needs to lose another 10 pounds! How's that for confusing?

And, I am turning the big 3 - 0 in one month, so I don't think I fit into 20-somethings anymore (as much as I am in denial! lol)

I felt my best when I was around 138 pounds (although for my height, I probably could afford to go lower as I am only 5'3" ... for some reason I can never get past 138) so this is my new goal. I gained a few pounds over the holiday, although for more than 3 years I have kept most of my 100+ lb weight loss within ten pounds or so. Anyway, I am going to Vegas at the end of next month (1st time!) and would love to lose at least another 6 pounds - or more - beforehand.

The other stuff ... I am a divorced single mother of three beautiful children (10 yo and almost 4 yo twins), and also work FT in HR/Finance. I Turbo Jam in my (very limited) spare time!

Thanks for reading!

Kelly
HandbagAficionado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:37 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Kelly! Congrats on the huge weight loss!! You're welcome to come post on our daily thread, if you'd like!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:35 PM   #3  
Michelle

S/C/G: 167.4/161.5/145

Height: 5'4

Default Hello

Hi Kelly....
I 2nd Lauren's idea, come join us in the 30 somethings room...I am pretty new here also, but found that one about a week ago and really enjoy it...everyone is very friendly and supportive and I look forward to getting on there daily to see how everyone is doing...about me....30yo going on 31, married, 2 girls 11yo and 3 yo, work FT for 911 as a training supervisor.
Come on over. Michelle
mibrneydgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: cw/155

Height: 5'4

Hi I am also new here,, I have been really just reading thru the threads, trying to find something that feels like it clicks... I have posted in the food section, and even though I have been doing some cardio and weight training don't really feel comfortable wth the exercise or weight training section..
at least not as of yet...

I will intro myself..
-mother of one
-35 years old and really loving my 30's
-seperated , yet involved
-been on my lifestyle changes for two weeks or maybe a bit more..
-not sure how much I may have lost, measure and weigh in every 4 weeks so I see results as not to get discouraged to quickly
-do not follow any diet plan per say.. however eating smaller portions, lean good quality protein, good choices of carbs., drinking lots of water and trying to keep my treats to one day per week as a free day...
other than that nothing to really report other to just find support, give support and help make myself accountable by typing it in here...
thanks for reading..
butterfly71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:37 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Butterfly!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/264.0/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default I'm new too

Hi all, I've been around for a couple weeks now. Just getting used to posting a bit more. I find when I post more, I do better on my plan, probably because of how supportive everyone is here.
I'm Anne, 31, married for almost 4 years...this July will be 4 years. We have 2 beautiful little boys, Dylan who is 2 (26 months), and Christopher, he's almost 8 months.
I've been heavy for so long I can't even remember not being it. I was at my sister-in-law's house over the holidays and she was showing pictures on her TV from her digital camera. I saw a picture from my son's 2nd birthday the month before. I was shocked. I finally saw myself the way everyone else does. I never thought of myself as that big. So I decided I didnt want to be like that anymore. The next day, I started to watch what I eat and started exercising. This past Thursday, I joined Weight Watchers. I joined about 5-6 years ago, but stopped going after my co-worker moved away. I know it works for me, I remember losing before so I thought I would give it another try.
Well, thats me. Hope to chat and get to know some of you!

Anne
BarrieMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote