Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 03:01 PM   #16  

Hi All !
Juno - you make me laugh as last night was the first that I tried to sit up in bed from a lying position and couldn't.... Suck in my gut -- yikes... Not tooooo much longer -- I'm into the single digits... 8 weeks and counting down. As for you, Keep practicing and pretty soon it will become second nature...

Feeling somewhat depressed over the last month - to the point that I thought I might take the dr. up on some antidepressents. The past two weeks has been marketly better, so I'll wait til after the baby and see how postpartum is... I will not suffer like I did with my first. Vacation starts this weekend so hopefully the two weeks of no house concerns, the beach and a husband / friends will be good for the soul.

DH starts his new job on Aug 19 and thankfully his old boss is letting him finish out his job from home so we'll be a family again starting this weekend. I know there will be an adjustment period - having him (and his messy habits) back fulltime, but its got to be better than what we've experienced over the last 18 months. Besides, once the baby comes - our world will be turned upside down ... we'll forget he was even away...

Just joined a new state of the art YMCA that will open in August. Looking forward to swimming my last few weeks. The precor and tread have come to the end of their usefulness - I've been having pretty painful braxton hicks contractions during exercise which of course when added to my present motivation level has made exercise pretty much nil. Hoping that the H2O will be just what I need to reach my goal of exercising right through this pregnancy. Thankfully I've only gained 12 lbs so far - half what I did with the first - so I'll be in a better position to continue on my losing way after the birth. I still have a long way to go on that front.

Well, so much for a break - DD is up from her nap already... I don't post as much, but I do read and get much inspiration/motivation from knowing how you all cope with such hectic lives (extra cudos to Steph) and still manage to take time for yourselves... That's the 5% lesson that I will continue to strive to master!!

Happy Wednesday!
Absmom
Old 07-24-2002, 08:10 PM   #17  

I'm glad to hear you're all well. Steph- I'll FedEx you some of my veggies. I have bags and bags! Absmom - only 12 pounds! Shoot, I can do that in a couple weeks it seems like. Kudos to you and congrats on hubby's new job. Juno - try to consciously sit up straight. That automatically makes me suck in my tummy. Posture is everything. Hey - I'm down five pounds. Eating much less! Gotta go! C
Old 08-03-2002, 05:29 PM   #18  

Hi Gals! Just popping on because I have a new computer and have to get my passwords all logged on. I'll type more later! Steph
Old 08-05-2002, 12:51 AM   #19  

Hello, women!

Work has once again interfered with my workouts, but today it had to be done. I've been stressed and behind in work and I have this bad habit--well, not a habit because I can't help it--of "doing my work" in my sleep, dreaming about schedules and interface design. It's ridiculous and it means I don't get any rest so I have to cut it out. So today I went to the gym and just pushed myself as much as I could on the Stairmaster and have sufficiently worn myself out. I'll sleep well tonight!

I'm still having problems planning my food. There is so little time right now (we just landed two more clients). But what I do eat is nutritious, just not particularly interesting. My husband as been cutting out carbs (he eats A LOT of carbs) and increasing protein and he instantly lost 5 lbs. He's not doing Atkins--increasing fat intake like that just doesn't feel right to us--just eating more lean protein and fewer bags of Cheetos, which he eats at work. Cutting out beer is still a problem for him.

Take care everyone. Glad you're all doing well!

-Shorty
Old 08-08-2002, 08:36 PM   #20  

Shorty - I have to admit that I am one of those food obsessed people. I love to look thru the food ads, cut coupons and plan my meals. Grocery shopping is relaxing for me! But I also love to cook, so I enjoy making new creations. Tonight I spent 2 hours making homemade spaghetti sauce from the veggies in my garden. A process, but certainly worth it!

Still down 5 pounds. Too busy at work to eat nonstop. Exercising more too, which is good. Still not at peak form, but on my way. DH said the other night "Are you losing weight?" I kissed him. Men are good for some things!

C
Old 08-11-2002, 11:30 AM   #21  

I was just roaming around on the site looking at all the posters and reading a bunch of different threads. I think one of the things that really shows me how long we've been posting is all the changes on 3FC. There are so many forums, so many new names and faces, so many different places to go for info. I was trying to find some of the old names I used to read about 4 years ago when I logged on and had quite a journey finding some. I wish I had more time to browse but then I'd have to give up some other fun things. My dad is retired and he is just discovering the internet - I think my mom wants to cancel the service because he had no interest in computers before and now he acts like he knows everything

All is fine here. I have only 13 working days left until five of these kids go back to school. I survived another summer but they are more work than the little ones. Talking all day wears me out - the little kids let me just hang and play but the older kids require too much knowledge and all want to do tasks that they can't quite do on their own. Oh well - it's almost over! I'll probably miss them after a few weeks of peace but at the moment I am looking forward to my nice quiet preschool group!

Exercise is fine. At this point in life I have found that scheduling 4 cardio sessions, two weight sessions and 3 mini yoga/pilates sessions works good for me. I don't think there is much more I can do exercise wise in changing this old body. The rest of the work needs to come from more improvement in the eating area. My goal is to be in the 130's by the end of Sept. and be able to stay there without too much work. I'm almost there but these lbs. come off slow. I have a sister that read one of the low carb diets and is just shoving it in our faces. She is the kind that decides something is right and you are just supposed to listen to her. Can't point out that she has gone through so many phases of being right and she's always gung-ho in the beginning and then drifts away. I just keep my mouth shut when she tells me her knowledge. I am hoping she read a new book soon and leaves all of us alone. She is the worst eater out of my mom/sister/me combo yet now she has seen the error of her ways overnight. She's gonna drive me bonkers.

I am trying to think of things to do that are rewarding vs. the usual things I do on birthdays/anniversaries. I grew up with really low-key celebrations for everything (which is fine!) but now I do want to give myself some wonderful treats since I'm hitting my prime age I really do think we are going to dump the kids for the first time ever next summer and head to Alaska since we have been talking about it forever. I want to take the kids but I think at this age they would be happier at with my mom or sister than being dragged around Alaska. I'll take them when they are older. We were going to take C with us but I don't think Alaska is on her travel list. I also need to find things to do around here that are more rewarding. I need some inspiration!

I was going to start a new thread but these don't take that long to load so I am being lazy. I don't have any wise words to start a new thread either so it will have to wait for another day.

Everyone sounds good and is finding ways around the roadblocks to our fitness quest. The only one who has an easy cure is Absmom when she pops that kid out soon! 20 lbs easily lost (okay not easily - but hopefully quickly!). I am soooo happy my kids are 15,6,4.....my time is somewhat my own again. I interact with them all day but I'm also able to do my stuff. I wanted one more for a brief time but I'm happy now that I didn't. I would take a 3 yr old potty-trained child if someone dropped it on my doorstep

Happy August to everyone!

Stephanie
Old 08-13-2002, 10:48 PM   #22  

Steph - you amaze me for even "considering" taking a vacation without a child in tow. YOU deserve it!. You work very hard providing good daycare for many children. Take that much covented vacation with just DH and you. You deserve it!.

I too am knowing at 130's door. Picture me on a teeter totter (realizing that I have no idea how to spell it). I am so excited because I am actually losing weight again.

My secret? Stress at the job, working out more ( to combat stress at the job) and not drinking (as much) during the week. Also, need to start training again for the annual 5K run. Every year I kick myself for not keeping up with it throughout the year!

Have a swollen neck right now. At the base of my spine. I gt this when I'm really stressed. That area becomes swollen and tender. Other than relieving stress (which I know) do you all think that builidng up my shoulder muscles would help? Remember I'm reaaallllyyy muscular. But right now I look and feel like the Humpback of Notre Dame.

Still my garden rages on. I've frozen beans, squash and zuchinni. I also makde a homemade pasta sauce to die for. Suzy homemaker here.

Hope you're all doing well.

C
Old 09-02-2002, 04:26 AM   #23  

Here it is September. I'm going to start a new thread!

Juno
Closed Thread