General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-17-2008, 08:29 PM   #1  
Becoming better overall

S/C/G: 199/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

Default NYC Restaurant Week!!!

I just heard about this, and I live about 15 minutes away from the city in NJ, so I am in the city often.

Anyway, so I heard about this.. apparently it is this week where over 200 restaurants participate and charge 24.50 for a 3-course lunch, and $35 for a 3-course dinner!

Sounds too good, I wonder if anyone is going?
I'm actually not going because I'm trying to save money for next semester.. (broke college student) and I haven't done my college shopping yet, so I'm holding off. It sounds great though, I am DEFINITELY going next summer =P

Edit: I just found out they have it in the winter too, so I'm DEFINITELY going to the winter one.. wow it would be amazing if it was around my birthday!!!

Last edited by Starrynight; 07-17-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Starrynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:51 AM   #2  

Something like that periodically happens here in California as well.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I've heard of that... sounds like it's big with the younger crowd (you know, those of us who could never afford the normal prices, lol). I interviewed at two grad schools that were within 1-2 hours of NYC, and both offered cheap buses to the city for restaurant week, seemed like it would be so fun!

As it is, I'll be a 4 hour drive away (or a very expensive bus ride, heh) but I'd like to visit the city a few times... might have to plan a visit for that winter one!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote