Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 03-26-2008, 08:33 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7

Default weight lifting and weight loss....

hi everyone.....i have a question, which i believe may have already been addressed somewhere, but here it goes....about 3 weeks ago i started going to they gym and lifting weights 3x's a week. the problem is, that ever since i started, i haven't lost anymore weight! i am still counting calories and doing my daily cardio. so, what gives? does anyone have any suggestions for me?

thanks!!
aliceINonederland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:14 PM   #2  
Mel

Wow! Congratulations on your weight loss! You are below your goal...are you still trying to lose? From your height and BMI, my suggestion would be to just keep on doing and soon you'll be watching the shape and size of your body change with few scale changes. When I first started lifting seriously, I was at goal weight. Over 12 weeks, I lost no weight, but went down 2 pants sizes.

If you want to really track your progress, take pictures and measurements about every two weeks.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:16 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7

Thanks Mel -- I am at about 148 right now, and would like to get down to about 140. I like your idea about taking measurements, I think I will do that today!
aliceINonederland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #4  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

The only thing I might suggest (and given you've been doing this for three weeks I don't know how much of an effect it'll have) is making sure you're getting in enough water. Weight lifting creates tears in your muscles they retain fluid to try and repair themselves which could cause the scale to go up a little initially. Staying hydrated can help flush out these kids of wastes.

That being said, after three weeks I don't know how much of impact this would have. Taking measurements is a great idea. You'll definitely start seeing results there.
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:10 PM   #5  
banned

Default Percentage of Body Fat!

Do not let this discourage you.
You have to know your percentage of body fat. Muscle is denser then fat. It is completely possible that you have lost 3 lbs. of fat and gained 3 lbs of muscle. The scale is only one tool and in many ways is inaccurate when things like percentage of body fat are not considered.
jaypaul is offline   Reply With Quote