View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #145
CyndiM
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I feel a little funny doing this, almost like a fake. I can't quite believe I am at the goal I thought was barely within reach. Now I'm going to continue on making adjustments toward maintenance (watching fat and fiber primarily, adding more grains and fruit) and let my body continue on until it reaches a new set point. So at maintenance and not at maintenance

* Is this the first time or one of many times that you've tried to lose weight?

I'm an expert at weight loss, at least I was before I turned 40!
This time I've been really focused on maintaining. I picked a plan I could live with and have made decisions and choices based on my ability to stick with the changes long term.

* Are you where you want to be?

See above

* How has life changed for you since you've lost the weight?

I feel -so- much better than I did. I'm sleeping better. I have more energy. I can do things without getting winded. In the past there was a suspicion I was hypoglycemic - I think my body's reaction to only eating healthy carbs is connected to that. I feel great!

* Do you exercise regularly?

Yes! Right now I'm doing at least 3 miles cardio and 30 minutes of stretching/strengthening/PT a day. I had hoped to start the C25K program but my knees swelled almost immediately and my doctor says no running. I'm looking forward to hiking and getting my bike out once the snow is gone (at this rate it may be May!)

* Now that you're near or at your goal, what are your concerns?

Maintenance! I know a lot more than I did after past weight losses and my thinking and motivation are different, but I'm still afraid of losing ground. I'm reading Thin for Life (thanks for the tip!) and that is bolstering my confidence. I'm also counting on this forum to help. Don't know if I would have made it this far with this positive an attitude without 3FC.

And anything else that you might want to share with us!

I am a completely addicted birder and tend to mention birding all the time. I'll try not to put you all to sleep

thanks for being here!!