Old 11-01-2006, 09:36 AM   #31  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Canadian_Mickey - I'm sorry your SO isn't supportive of you trying to lose weight. Have you talked to him about it and how it makes you feel?
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:44 AM   #32  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

hi girls!

just got a moment before i head off to bed - i am exhausted. its been an emotional few days.

anyway just wanted to thank you guys for the encouragement with the weigh in. i am stoked - horrified that i will see a gain in comparison this weekend - but happy!

i hope you had a great day maja, on your birthday! a belated happy birthday hug to you!

theobviouschild - congrats on the loss! i was on TOM with my last loss aswell which made it even more satisfying!

will jump on tomorrow and catch up - take care
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:47 AM   #33  
Goodbye Fat!

Yesterday I went to the grocery store to get a few things DH and I was having the worst cravings! I wanted to eat everything in sight and I had just eaten my apple and yogurt for a snack a hour ago. I wanted the Lay's potato chips, M&M, and a greasy pizza from the deli. I didn't buy anything fattening though and avoided all the candy. When I got home I want to eat the entire rotisserie chicken I bought. Instead I put in the oven and went to have a hot shower to relax. It totally calmed me down and did away with those cravings. Later I sauteed some veggies to go with the chicken.

denise81: Happy Birthday to you!

CanadianMickey: Have you thought about maybe increasing your calories to jump start your metabolism? Just a thought. I sympathize with you having to deal with your DH. It is not easy when they want to eat as much as they want and nothing lowfat. I have been gradually cooking more healthy for my husband, no complaints so far. He does say something if it is really bad. He does try to be supportive though and that does help. Have you tried talking to him about how his attitude makes your feel and how you are wanting to improve your health?

junebug: for that hospitality table!

theobviouschild: on the weight lose!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #34  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Well, I went for a long walk today, about 5 or 6 miles... just to get out in the sunshine, and fresh air, and to get some serious thinking done. I've realized that in the past 4 yrs, since I started gaining the weight, alot of things have gone on in my life that have dramatically shifted my view of myself, thus in turn making me feel horrible about myself, enough to not even care about what I do to myself, including what I eat and how much. I never used to be this way, and somehow have to figure out what's triggering me to feel this way. Does that make sense? I swear it made sense in my head! LOL!

I've eaten pretty good today! I had a bowl of granola with applesauce for breakfast, a slimfast optima shake for lunch, and just had a V8 Juice thingy for a snack! We'll see what happens the rest of today. I went into the store today, and walked right past the Halloween candy that was 75% off!!! I was so proud of myself! I plan on talking to my DH about his attitude ASAP, even though I've done it more then once already, he obviously hasn't gotten it through his head! Teehee! Thanks for all the encouragement!!! You are a great group of ladies!!!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:51 PM   #35  

Good evening ladies!

Well, things are going good over on this end. Still struggling with getting the calories up intentionally -- have to get over the "you can't eat more! you have to lose weight!" mentality. Otherwise, though, I'm sitting at 197.5, which I'm pretty pleased with. Still have .5 L of water to go for today, but that'll be easy. Gonna try a new yoga thing I got tonight after dinner and some school work. I guess I don't have much to report on. Just sorta hanging in there. I desperately need to go grocery shopping, though! Hurry up, pay day!

Amanda: Sorry to hear about your DH's inability to understand that you need his support, not his criticism! Perhaps he just doesn't get why you feel the need to lose weight and get healthy? Or maybe he thinks that if you get healthier, you're going to force him to put down the potato chips? Male psychology is beyond me, I don't even know why I'm trying But good luck, you've done a great job learning about eating right and such, even if the scale doesn't show it!

obviouschild: CONGRATS! 3 pounds is awesome. You rule

Daisy: good to see you popped in. Was wondering where you got off to!

dolly & amanda: great job avoiding temptation like that. I was having a night last night that I just wanted to eat everything... and the thought of drastically reduced halloween candy came to my mind, so I found an excuse to leave the house (my cat needed a drug which I can buy at a people-pharmacy).... got to the pharmacy and looked around for halloween candy.... and thankfully it had already been replaced by Christmas stuff! I took it as a sign and left with what I had come for, and no candy! Go us!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #36  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Thanks for all the nice words everyone! Seeing that scale move was so awesome!!

BTW, Jaime, I'm only about an hour away from you. Ever heard of Lexington? It's where 81 and 64 meet. Cville is awesome too; Barracks Road and the downtown = worthy shopping!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:10 AM   #37  

Thank you so much everyone on the great birthday wishes.
I spent it with my love. I fell asleep in his arms before i even got to cut the cake and blow out the candles!

..... I guess that is a good thing though riiiight?
Old 11-02-2006, 07:45 AM   #38  
Once more, with feeling!

Ooo! That sounds wonderfully romantic. Who needs cake when you have cozy man arms?
Old 11-02-2006, 09:22 AM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by theobviouschild View Post
Ooo! That sounds wonderfully romantic. Who needs cake when you have cozy man arms?
!!
Old 11-02-2006, 09:30 AM   #40  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

It's been a crazy few days. My work for homecoming is finally done, which takes a huge weight off my shoulders. Two exams down, and one today and my week will be pretty much finished. Oh, and then my boyfriend and I broke up. So far it has been the smoothest break up.. ever! I guess because I was prepared and I was kind of.. just waiting on him to bring it up. I've always known I deserved someone who was really really REALLY in love with me, and so while I'm disappointed we didn't work out, I'm not devestated.

Health wise.. Eating and working out has been going pretty well. I've been too busy to think about eating too much, and I'm just making myself go to the gym. It is the best therapy for me anyway. I didn't get home till 930 last night, but I went to the gym then. I was proud of myself.

Dolly- Rain makes me wanna stay in bed all day too.. Good for you for getting up and going to the gym! Hopefully your husband will realize how much better he feels doing the "right" stuff health wise and you won't have to nag him about it.

Amanda- I've read a few different places that MOST diets work if you follow them, so it is just a matter of finding the information and following the one that you can stick to the best. I try to follow general good eating guidelines: whole grains, lots of fruits and veggies, and as little processed food as I can get away with.

Lisa- Congrats on your loss!! I always gain around TOM too, so I'm too scared to weigh during those times. You're brave!

Jen- What are some stretches for your hips? I'm starting to jog again and when I start building up my time my hips start hurting. I've always figured it was a joint thing, but I wonder if stretching would help.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:41 AM   #41  
FOCUS FOCUS!!

S/C/G: 130/126/110

Height: 5'4"

It's my first day of TOM. Had a little discomfort so decided to skip the gym. Do you guys exercise like normal during TOM?

I'm having a terrible week. I don't know if I'm binging because I've simply lost self control, I'm subconsciously allowing myself to do it because I've lost a little weight and feel that I deserve it or that it's okay because I'm not overweight anymore, I've been deprived too long of my cravings, or because of TOM. Should I try to stick to my regular diet during TOM? I gained about 5 pounds. I hope this weight will go away after TOM!
UWPiPhiAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:46 AM   #42  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

UWPiPhiAngel- I try to exercise during my TOM like normal. I've found that getting in some good cardio sessions makes me "feel" more normal and less moody. I get terrible binge cravings around that time, so if you`re anything like me that could be the culprit. I usually try to fill up on very low calorie things like veggies and sugar free jello.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:44 AM   #43  
Once more, with feeling!

Lizze- Hee! It wasn't brave so much as I was sooooo needing to see the scale move. And I'm trying to limit myself to only hopping on that evil thing once a week, so I actually look forward to it a little bit. (I just said what?!)

UWPiPhiAngel- I also "try" to exercise like normal, because I've found it helps my cramps and mood swings. But TOM usually makes me feel so lethargic and moody that I don't always do it. Luckily for me, mine is really short (3-4 days! Yaaaay!). Unluckily, it's also really intense. Boooo. I hope your week gets better!!
Old 11-02-2006, 11:20 AM   #44  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Lizzie- A lot like this, but extend the leg you aren't stretching and pull more on your ankle. I used to need to do it during (2-3 times) and after I ran until I went to the chiropractor.

http://www.mckinley.uiuc.edu/Handout...uninjprev7.jpg
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:06 PM   #45  
Goodbye Fat!

Okay it's Thursday and Grey's Anatomy is tonight, my evening is set. That gives me time to get home make dinner, walk the dogs, and turn on the TV. Are their any other Grey's Anatomy fans?

Britomart: I like how you thought it was a sign not to get the candy. I say that all the time. At lunch today as I drove by a McDonald's I wanted to drive-thru so bad, but the line was so bad. I took it a sign too, because I hate waiting in anylines.

UWPiPhiAngel - I exercise like normal during TOM, I find it does give me a little bit more energy and makes my moods ease up a little.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote