Old 10-04-2006, 09:09 PM   #1  
Proud US Navy Wife

Default Posture!

I noticed this around this time last year, when I was working out and losing...

I'll be standing at work and thing "wow, wait, Im slouching!", and then straighen up.. and I realize even how much that impoves my appearance! It makes me happy to see that at least one aspect of the exercising is working so far, it's helping to improve my posture... now waiting for my other favorite effect, besides the weight loss... loss of back pain! That will make me happy..

I just really noticed that today. Anyone ever be like that, or am i just odd? (Well, I'm odd anyway... )
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

I agree... I'm always conscious of posture, holding my core, etc... And Yeah it doesn't really improve your appearance... Just walking around with your head up makes SUCH a difference
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #3  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Wow, funny you should mention this, cause I was noticing that my posture SUCKS!!!!!! It's definately something I need to be more aware of, and work on alot more.
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I completely know what you're talking about with noticing your posture. I just recently accepeted a teaching position, and I've been noticing my posture changes with who I am around. When I'm with my students, I have good posture, but when I'm with other teachers it'sn ot so hot. Now I just have to try to have good posture with my co-workers as well as my students! =)

Good luck to everyone!
KCWMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:59 PM   #5  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

i completely agree. especially sitting at a computer all day - before i know it my nose is almost touching the keyboard from my slouching. i do have to pick myself up for it now and then but i think this is why i like doing yoga so much as i focus on correct form and posture which is starting to flow over into my life.

i remember reading that improving pore posture can give the impression of a loss of 5kg from your frame. My back pain is much better too since really making a conscious effort.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

I have to work on my posture as well. I know that when I stand up straight I look an inch or two taller and 10 lbs lighter.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:52 AM   #7  

I have horrid posture. I'm totally conscious of it, and I do make an effort to sit/stand upright, but I don't have strength in the right muscles in my neck and back to maintain it. So that's where the exercise really helps. After I do my PUSH strength DVD, I walk around with perfect posture for like, two hours..... until the buzz of working out has worn off!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:25 PM   #8  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Loss of back pain eh? I could totally use that!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:29 PM   #9  
Spanish chick

S/C/G: 142/127/???

Height: 5'2''

Wink

Is not a weird thing, posture really helps to look better. A great way to improve the posture is the practice of Pilates. It can teach you how to breath and stand correctly. In fact since I'm doing Pilates some people has told me that is like I've gained height! . And also is good for people with pain in their backs or necks and is so relaxing too. I recomend Pilates to everyone! .
mokenju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

Height: 5'6"

I have really bad posture. I noticed that the more toned I become the easier it is...it just becomes automatic.
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

If you tense your stomach muscles and hold them in it will automatically help correct your posture - not only does it help back pain, make you look taller and slimmer it also actually strengthens your abs over time helping to flatten your stomach.

It has certainly done that for me!

Livi
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote