Old 09-28-2006, 04:54 PM   #16  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

sounds like it's time for a "new tradition"

You can do it, your half way there, thinking about how you can change your old bad habits....
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:53 PM   #17  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

You mentioned "testing" yourself earlier in the thread... I just thought I would comment on that. I don't believe in "testing" yourself. I know if I think of this as some kind of willpower competition with myself, I'm just setting myself up to lose when I eventually "give in." I don't know, maybe it works for some people, but I don't see the point in going to a taco place and seeing if you can order 1 taco instead of 4, when you can just not go there in the first place. There's nothing wrong with going to a taco place in general, but if you know you're gonna be needlessly tempted, why put yourself through that? This is the same philosophy of why I don't keep junk food around my place. I'm not gonna torture myself with temptation.

So I think your decision not to go to the taco place is a good one.. carry out your choice, you can do it!
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:25 PM   #18  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Well, I did good. No Taco Bueno for lunch! I ate my leftovers from last night and then went to Wal-Mart and bought myself a new pair of jeans instead.

But, I did treat myself to a splurg dinner, with Keith.
My favorite Mexican place. I let myself eat a couple of tortillas and some queso. Along with my single soft shredded beef taco. BUT, I didn't have any butter on my tortillas and I only used half of the cheese that came with my taco.

But, man...am I paying for it now. My stomach is not feeling so great.

Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 12:05 AM   #19  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

Great job! Keep it up!
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:03 AM   #20  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

great accomplishement, baby steps are the way to go, Its nearly IMPOSSIBLE for me not to eat any cheese in front of me, you're practically my hero!
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:13 AM   #21  

Great job! You have the rest of your life to eat Taco Bueno. It just isn't worth it. Also, you've been going there for nearly 10 years...time to try something new. Best wishes.
WhitWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 05:22 PM   #22  
On the beach

S/C/G: 155/148/125

Height: 5' 0"

Aw... sorry about the stomach and great job!

Last edited by newarmywife; 09-30-2006 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Add in
newarmywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:37 AM   #23  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

I'd go with a creating a non-food reward - I used to treat myself by getting food (usually sweets). Now I go to the bookstore, buy myself a new book, and take it to the nearest coffee shop to enjoy with a cup of coffee (not a blended/caramelled/whipping creamed thing that Starbucks likes to pass off as coffee, but just a really good cup of regular coffee), and give myself an hour or so to relax and read my book and watch the world go by. I never feel bad afterwards, and it helps remove the idea of food as a reward. If you can find something else - maybe go get a pedicure or something?

Sounds like you're on the right track so far!
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote