Old 09-28-2006, 01:20 PM   #1  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Unhappy Tomorrow is not going to be fun...

Tomorrow is pay-day. I'm already dreading it. I know that sounds insane, but I am.

My 9 1/2 year ritual (that's how long I've been at my current job) is to treat myself to a huge fast food meal at my fave place (Taco Bueno) and then take Keith out to eat for dinner after work, on pay-day. I only get paid once a month, thankfully.

Anyway, tomorrow is the day and I don't know what I'll do. I'm already sitting here day dreaming about Buenochiladas and Party Tacos.

What should I do?

P.S. To top it off, I'm right in the middle of my TOM.

Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Do you ever have splurge days? If you just get paid once a month, then maybe once a month you could have a splurge day. I have a splurge meal once a week and a splurge day once a month. It keeps me from feeling deprived. If i say, ok, i am "dieting" and i can never have (fill in blank) again...then that is just not going to work. I have to know i can have it on fridays...that gets me through the week. Plus it is good for your metabolism to up your cals drastically once in a while. If your calories always stay the same your body gets used to that and you will have less results. I say go out to eat, have fun. I bet you will be surprised at how much faster you get full now days.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:37 PM   #3  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

Think about how you'll feel afterwards. If you'll think this weekend that the splurge was worth it, go for it! If not, not. Maybe you can find a way to reward yourself for making it through another month that doesn't involve food. (Massage/spa/movie/walk/etc.)
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:44 PM   #4  
It's working this time!

Unhappy

I've read that it's good to have "free days" once in a while, but I'm just not sure if I'm at a place yet, where I can trust myself to have a free day and not just continue with it the next day and the next day and the next day. As of tomorrow, I will have only been doing this for 12 days. I've done really well and I'd really hate to give up now. Does that make sense?

But then again, maybe I should test myself. Maybe I need to go by myself (I'm much more likely to binge when I'm alone) and have just 1 taco instead of 4 tacos, and see if I can do it alone and not cave in.

Do you think it's too soon to "test" myself with that?

Old 09-28-2006, 02:18 PM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I agree with the splurge meal (or splurge day) once and a while...BUT if you think it's going to be a trigger for you, it might be something to try and avoid. If you do avoid it, and succeed, then you will know that next month you will be fine whether you want to or not, you will know it's something that you don't have to do every time you get paid. It might be a good idea to break the habit this time, and maybe set that money aside for a week after payday or two weeks even if you don't think right now you are at the point that you can handle it. I know that since I just started again after a good solid 4 months of not that I am not ready for a splurge meal or day because it could totally throw me back off track for who knows how long. If you do decided to do it, just really promise yourself that the following day it's like all that treat food never even happened!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:35 PM   #6  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

if it were me, I would skip it, like lockitup says, just to prove to yourself that you don't HAVE to do this every payday, then, maybe you'll be ready for a spurge meal in a few weeks when you are more used to your new eating habits
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

If it were me, I'd skip it--at least for this month. See if you can continue on track and see if you really WANT it next month. You might just see that sticking to your guns will create the willpower you need to skip it again next month.

Whatever you do decide to do--don't let your decision be your downfall. Whether you go off plan for that meal or that day (or you stick to plan) be SURE to continue your plan the following day!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

I would find a different reward that doesn't pertain to food, if you are unsure right now, then go with that gut feeling and just don't do it. There are tons of other rewards that will be just as satisfying if you sat and thought about what you REALLY want. Good luck in what ever you decide on!
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:26 PM   #9  
It's working this time!

Smile

Thanks, everyone. I think I am going to try to hold off for now.

I'm a very "...but it's tradition!" kind of person and that gets me into trouble with stuff like this. You know... "But, I ALWAYS have a Frosty from the Wendy's next door!" ...kind of thing.

So, yeah, I think I'm going to definitely hold off on my lunch splurge. But, I still might take Keith out to eat after work. Like I said earlier, I'm not as likely to binge if I'm not alone.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks again, everyone.

Old 09-28-2006, 03:53 PM   #10  
On the beach

S/C/G: 155/148/125

Height: 5' 0"

Go for it, but sensibly - usually you can order a taco salad, with like fajita meat or something.. then instead of dressing or sauce have pico di gallo salso over it... if it's too tempting some places will even make it in a dish instead of in a tortilla shell... have fun! And I'm sure you'll do great no matter what!
newarmywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:11 PM   #11  

Try making it a different type of "splurge." I don't know about you, but I LOVE steakhouses. However, with my lack of money and lack of time I barely ever go to one. Maybe you and your hubby should go to a really nice steakhouse (which has many healhty yet still tasty options).
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:16 PM   #12  
It's working this time!

Well, I am thinking about having a grilled pork chop and some mashed potatoes at Texas Roadhouse tomorrow night. LOL Bad, but could be worse, right?

But I am now totally in the mind-set of not going to Taco Bueno for lunch tomorrow. I guess we'll have to see how I feel about 22 hours from now to know for sure if I can make it or not though.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:17 PM   #13  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisha___ View Post
I'm a very "...but it's tradition!" kind of person and that gets me into trouble with stuff like this. You know... "But, I ALWAYS have a Frosty from the Wendy's next door!" ...kind of thing.
How does that go? If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten! I suggest you shake up the routine and get yourself a new blouse or a pedicure or something.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:25 PM   #14  
It's working this time!

Talking

Well, phantastica I think that's actually a phantastic idea! I do desperately need a new pair of jeans. I'm down to two pairs and they're both getting ragedy on the hem. Wal-Mart Faded Glory, here I come. LOL

Old 09-28-2006, 04:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

I'd skip the overdoing lunch, have a healthy lunch instead, and go out to dinner and make a good healthy choice.
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote