Old 09-16-2006, 01:20 AM   #1  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

Default Wild Rose Detox

Well, I feel like I haven't been eating very well over the past while... or, rather, the whole summer! So I'm doing the Wild Rose Detox to get me back on track (don't worry, I'm not doing for the related weight-loss, 'cause I know it's mostly water and will come back on almost as soon as I go off it). I'm starting tomorrow, and am going to go shopping so I can prepare my meals for the next 12 days - I kow from experience that these things take preparation, 'cause you can't just eat whatever's on hand. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has done this and, if they have, if they have any suggestions for recipes they really liked, good snacks, etc. Thanks!
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:56 AM   #2  

I've never done it but looked it up out of curiosity -- is this what you're doing?
http://www.wrc.net/wrcnet_content/di...diet_12day.htm

That diet plan looks just like "eat healthy for 12 days" I noted that you're allowed all of the ingredients in hummus..... so there's a good snack to have with all the veggies you're allowed!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:10 AM   #3  

haha... now i'm just looking at sites about the detox diet.... i found some really great-sounding recipes (which I'd make anyway!):

http://www.eggminus.com/wild_rose_recipes/

I'll stop now!
Old 09-16-2006, 11:39 AM   #4  
future triathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by britomart View Post
That diet plan looks just like "eat healthy for 12 days"
yup - that's why I'm doing it, 'cause I feel like I've been eating way too many processed foods and sugars. I didn't realize how dependant I've become on bread (sprouted grain, but still) and dairy to make up my meals - so I guess I'll have to try some new recipes - thanks for that recipe site! I find going off anything for about 2 weeks helps me break a food dependency, so I'm hoping this'll get me off sugar again.... and kick start me into healthy eating again!
Old 09-16-2006, 03:27 PM   #5  

Are you taking the herbal supplements too? Because they sound awful. I hear they have negligible/arguable health benefits and just give you diarrhea for two days. If I were you I'd just stick to the healthy eating...
Old 09-16-2006, 07:27 PM   #6  
future triathlete

I'm skipping the supplements - I've done the cleanse before with them, and they make you miserable for the whole time - headaches, diarrhea... blech. I think they'd be a good idea if you ate a lot of really crappy food, 'cause you'd have more junk to flush out of your system. I do eat fairly healthy, just a bit too much sugar and processed flour stuff, so I guess I'm just doing it to try to get my eating habits back on track and get my body off the nasty processed stuff.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:32 PM   #7  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I have a raw week sometimes. Works wonders.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Hmm... maybe I should do that, have a raw week
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:38 PM   #9  

what can you eat raw besides fruit and veg? unless 'raw' also means stuff like legumes and whole grains too...
Old 09-16-2006, 11:50 PM   #10  
future triathlete

You can eat nuts and seeds, too, for healthy fats and protein. You can soak rice and other grains overnight to make them edible without cooking them. I think the whole idea for people who generally follow raw food diets is that they feel that heat, which can chemically alter food, breaks down the enzymes and essentially ruins the food. Some people stick just to fruits, veggies, nuts, and seeds, whereas others will eat sashimi, raw eggs, and unpasteurized dairy, as long as it hasn't been heated.
I will be eating cooked foods - mostly just brown rice and lentils, so it won't be completely raw, but it's all stuff that's easier on my digestive system.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:37 AM   #11  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I think some people also kinda mix up "raw" foods and "whole" foods, and I've read that heating veggies (other than boiling--that's the worst) really does not alter their nutritional values. I know a lot of people who eat primarily whole foods, which CAN be cooked--it's just eating things that are NOT processed (fruits, veggies, nuts/seeds, fresh organic meats, some organic dairy--basically anything that doesn't have a bunch of chemical added crap! if you can't pronounce an ingredient or don't know what it is, then it's off the menu!).

I did this for 4 days this past week--the only non-whole thing I ate was salad dressing, and that's only because I really hate veggies so much that I can't eat them without it I had lots of fruit, some veggies (including spinach, which my boyfriend has taken the liberty of since throwing out due to the E. coli scare), some nuts (usually in a salad so as to not go overboard--I have a portion control issue with nuts ), and some organic/all-natural creamed vegetable soup (slightly processed, but only one ingredient I didn't know what it was, so I looked it up, and it's just a natural preservative, plus it was listed as the last ingredient, so there wasn't much of it, so I made the exception since otherwise, I wouldn't have eaten anymore veggies ). I didn't have any meat or cheese or anything like that, and certainly no highly processed carbs (like pasta or bread).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:01 PM   #12  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Jaime, there's a section in the Alternative forum. Anything cooked over 118 degrees= not raw. I do it every few weeks. If you are going to truly live like that, there are alllllllll sorts of things that you can eat, but since I do a week at time I stick to fruits, sprouts, veggies, and juices.

Sierra- good luck with it
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote