Old 08-16-2006, 06:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Default failed mini-goal

Well, I pretty much know that I am not going to make my mini-goal weight, but I am going to try really hard to get as close as I can! This past weekend I really wasn't feeling the greatest and now this next weekend I start TOM, no excuses, just reasons. I thought I had really blown it this past weekend because I was closer to 230 again, but now mid-week it seems to have adjusted back and I lost another 3 lbs. Not sure what is going on there, assuming it's hormones. BLAH!
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:00 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hormones can cause such problems with weight! I am feeling your pain, riding about 5 lb higher than my ticker says, due (I'm assuming) to TOM. Just do the best you can - you can't ask any more of yourself than that.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:56 PM   #3  

Thank you for the encouraging words!
I'm pretty sure that I'm going to end up with a full-blown sinus infection. I was hoping it was just allergies, harvest started last week and I always have problems this time of year. But it's just gotten worse today, and TOM starts this weekend. Plus my husband is out of town this week. I HATE THIS! I'm really having a tough time not heading straight for comfort foods This is about the time that my diets fail. Stress, illness, and TOM all at once.........this time I am going to be stronger. I'm so glad that I found this forum!
Old 08-20-2006, 10:22 PM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

In regards to weight loss (well, actually just in general), TOM is just plain evil Of course, there are other things that can cause spikes in weight, too--like water retention for a multitude of reasons (lifting weights, high sodium, hormones, dehydration...), so when you see it jump around a bit, don't fret--unfortunately, it's quite normal

I never set goals for myself with a specific deadline anymore. I found they made me feel more like a failure than anything else. I do set weight goals for myself--I try to lose in 10-pound increments--but I don't set a specific date for that goal to be reached because I know I am in this for the long haul, so as long as I get there, I am still heading in the right direction. No point stressing myself out about not reaching it by a certain date
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I have never met a timed goal. Really, never. But, I'm still waaaay slimmer than I used to be
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:33 AM   #6  

Well, the sinus infection is subsiding without antibiotics I really didn't want to go into the doctor My stress level is at about maximum capacity right now, THANK GOODNESS my husband is back!!!! (long story)
I have never been able to stick to a diet, so I figured that it was because I didn't give myself specific goals. Now that I am doing that, it seems to give me the extra push to get it done. Before I would just put it off, "I would always have time later to lose", but now I don't have time. It has to come off!