Old 07-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/125/125

Height: 5'4

Question Just curious....

Ok ladies, I have a few questions that I was wondering if anyone has the answer to...

1. As a chronic scale jumper, I tend to lose my weight near the end of the week. Is this normal? If my weigh in day (officially) is Wednesday, then I'll lose my weight for that week Sunday, Monday and Tuesday...

2. I understand that a deficit of 3500 calories = the loss of one pound, but where does calories burned come into play? I understand the importance of exercise...but I don't get how that becomes a part of weight loss...

Thanks.....
Cheercoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #2  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Calories burned count toward your deficit...so if you ate 3200 less calories than your maintenance number one week and worked off 300 calories throughout the week you should ideally see a lb loss. Be careful though because most calorie trackers on fitness machines can be off by a ton.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:29 PM   #3  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Well first.. I think that everyone probably has normal fluctuations in weight throughout the week and month. Maybe your personal cycles of working out or even losing and gaining water weight add to your pattern of losing at the end of the week. It is "normal," but probably everyone is different.

And I second Stephie, calories burned is part of your calorie deficit.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote