Old 06-30-2006, 03:41 PM   #1  
It's 2014, I need help!

S/C/G: 298/298/180

Default I'm tired of being the "fat" friend..

Last week my b/f and I went out for ice cream, and normally I wear a jacket over anything I wear (I absolutely hate showing my arms.) But that day, I said "who cares", and I wore my short sleeved t-shirt. We were waiting in line (I got something healthy ) and we see a few people my b/f knows, one being his friends aunt. I never met her before, but she looked at me with this disgusted look on her face, especially my arms!! So needless to say, I haven't even wanted to go out of my house since then. My mom said maybe she was just thinking something and just happened to be looking at me with a weird look on her face.. Nope, I can guarantee that wasn't the case. You know how you can just tell when someone's looking at you?
And to top that off, I was looking at some pictures of my friends and I, and I'm "the fat girl!" I don't want to look like that anymore! It's like today I have an intervention or something, but I'm determined to change.

My Stats:

22 yrs old
5'4
254 pounds (thankfully it's evened out throughout my body)
Goal weight: 160. I was tested, and was told I have 135 pounds of muscle on my body so I should not ever go below 160.

Anyone else out there feel this way??????
Megan2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:53 PM   #2  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

I always feel like the fat friend. Of course my friends are great and never say this.. but sometimes I dread seeing pictures from our get togethers.
I am also very self-conscious in front of men. I do water aerobics twice a week and I hate for any boys to be at the pool. Especially my age. I always feel they are looking at me and talking bad about me.

I look in the mirror and hate the way all this fat looks on my body. BUT I try to turn those into positive "I'm doing something about it." I think I have mentioned before everytime I think about how fat I am, if I have worked out-- my next thought is well at least you did something about it today. And that makes me feel SO good. Its great motiviation to get me to head to the gym!!

Hang in there!! Have you made a plan of action to help you lose that weight?? Let us know if we can help!!!!!
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:57 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 190/190/130

Height: 5'3

Of course someone else feels that way. I do! I hide my stomach with a hoody all the time. Now that it is summer though its getting a little stupid. And I too have looked at group pictures and realized I am the fattest one. It really hurts. I want to throw all the pictures out but then I lose the memories. Good luck to you!
meghan714 is offline   Reply With Quote