Old 06-22-2006, 09:29 AM   #1  
*meow*

Height: 5'7"

Default Need Advice/Support

I'll be away this weekend at the beach with friends and we'll be dinning out and BBQing all weekend long. I'm going to stick to salads full of protein at restaurants (dressing on the side!!) and just use moderation with the BBQ. I'm going to bring my own personal snacks for breakfast and on the beach, to avoid temptation. How's that sound? And last but not least, booze. We'll be partying long into the night, any suggestions on what to sip? I could go with a light beer but I feel like I end up drinking too many of those cause they're like water. Maybe a spirit with a diet soda... any specific ideas?

THANKS!!!

~jess~
JLynne126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/125/125

Height: 5'4

Good for you for thinking ahead! Vacations are always hard, you're relaxing and you have a tendency to fall off the wagon. But YOU CAN DO IT!! Your diet plan sounds like a good idea. As far as the alcohol is concerned, why not...I can't believe I'm going to say this...drink a harder alcohol? I think it was Bacardi that came out with that commercial with the midget or something (I'm rambling here...) that said something about low calories when mixed with Diet Coke or Pepsi....Oooh...that would be good with some Vanilla Diet Pepsi....

Just an idea...I could totally be wrong here and be blasted for it...LOL

Good Luck & Have fun!

Carrie
Cheercoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:32 PM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Oh those are tough! I agree with Carrie- you sound like you have a good plan in place. It's a lot easier to walk into a restauraunt and already know what you are going to order, that's for sure. And whether you stick to your plan or not, your odds are good just having one!

Vanilla diet pepsi and bicardi......mmmmm..... My stick thin friend swears by Bicardi and diet.

Oh, a small tip: Whenever I go to a BBQ I have started looking for the smaller size plates instead of the normal paper plates. Wouldn't you know it, I actually noticed a difference in how much I ate.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:40 PM   #4  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

Jess - I think you'll do great also! Identifying your weak areas before you get to them will definately help you make good decisions when the time comes, plus, it sounds like an opportunity for lots of exercise also! How about encouraging your friends to be active with you and swim, play frisbee, beach vollyball, anything to make the focus less on food and more on activity. I also agree with the rum and coke idea. To push it a bit further, if i'm mixing drinks at home or at a friends house, I like to do Malibu rum with diet caffeine free coke. Have fun!
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:46 PM   #5  

I have a friend as well that loves rum and diet. She also (if she's in the beer mood) will have a light one (and usually just one).

Have a great vacation!

heather
ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:10 PM   #6  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

I think everyone already said what I was going to. Bicardi and diet soda.. and good for you for planning in advance. Be careful not to drink too much even of the lower calorie drinks because alcohol is an appetite stimulant and after a couple I know I really don't care what goes in my mouth anymore.
Be mindful, but don't ruin your vacation worrying!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:13 PM   #7  
*meow*

Height: 5'7"

Thanks guys!! Oh so helpful. There will definitely be a lot of beach volleyball this weekend, I completely forgot about all the exercise I'll be getting. =P

~jess~
JLynne126 is offline   Reply With Quote