Old 06-12-2006, 09:11 PM   #16  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillthebeans
Daisy Boo----it must be monday morning, you titled this thread May! Girly, we are half way through June, like you stated in your post.
how embarrassing will get it changed. thanks.

Last edited by Daisy Boo; 06-12-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:27 PM   #17  
fat fighter

ok, so this morning i jump on the scale and it is at 108.1kg as opposed to Sunday when it said 109.4kg. feeling a little better about it.

i went for a short walk last night which gave me a much needed stretch through the hamstrings. so i am certainly not feeling as sore as i was this time last week.

wastedthermos - i recognise your face! welcome back

valrock - smummers?

spill - keep up the good work. a little pizza and beer won't hurt. everything in moderation.

amb-lyn - i was not a breakfast eater until recently. actually i suppose until i quit smoking. my breakfast before was a cigarette and a coffee. now i have steel cut oats with blueberries and it takes no time at all. on sunday night i boil up 4 cups of water and then chuck in a cup of oats. turn off the heat and then leave it until morning. in the morning i put it in the fridge and just scoop out what i want, when i want and microwave it with some frozen blueberries for a minute. so quick and easy.

chicago - you are doing great with your exercise. keep up the good work
Old 06-12-2006, 11:37 PM   #18  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

=changed!=
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:43 PM   #19  
here I go again...

Welcome back Lizzie! Of course we remember you! Glad you're back!
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:56 AM   #20  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Is it really only 1 day into this thread with so many posters??? You girlies have been busy while I have been gone.

Last night got my wk5d3 training run in. It called for me to run for 20 minutes straight. I feet I surely thought I would die from. I waiting until just around sunset and started off...had to pause around 11 minutes as my calves were locking up. Took 30 seconds worth of long walking strides and then finished the rest of my 20...I am still in shock and awe that I did it. And also that I did not give up when I was having calf problems...I just took some time and then moved on. My running is going really excellently this month.

Now for the rest of the month...bad bad bad. I have been spending 3 days a week travelling for work. And when I say work I mean shooting for like 10 hours each day at a soccer complex with the only food being concession stand food. A mix of the heat warranting sugary cold treats and the hours warranting yummy make you fat starbucks coffee...my weight has gone up. I can feel my body changing due to my runs, getting stronger...to bad all that lovely tone muscle is still under this layer of coffee and ice cream fat.

I need to refocus starting today. I have barely done any strength training...and I still need to get some type of cardio in addition to my runs. Half a month left to be back on track.

daisy - congrats on your loss of inches, I am not sure if it is possible to lose that many inches off a section and not lose weight...

amblyn - ooooh smoothies for breakfast sound divine...wanna make the rest of us one as well?

june - Such willpower, you are great hun I do not know if I could have done it.

sushi - its only 2 lbs hun, just jump on the exercise and I am sure it will be gone in no time.

ladyjames - great job walking to work What a great way to sneak that exercise in. I like how you mixup your workouts with so many other activities.

chicago - great that you burned off that pizza but be careful...I just learned that if you do more than about an hour of cardio in a single session your body starts to burn muscle...which can be counter productive. If I need to do more than that I usually take a break for my strength training or some stretching before I continue.

starwatcher - Nice to meet a fellow coloradoan

spill - pizza and beer are the devil - glad to see your getting your workouts in

valrock - That is so cute "smummers" lol. Walking IS exercise crazy lady! That is awesome about your 5k, keep it up!

wastedthermos - I remember you, welcome back

miss michelle - A standstill is better than a gain...I know how crazy work can make things.

farreverie - have a good workout, eat something silly, especially if you are going drinking tonight!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:08 AM   #21  
...future runner...

S/C/G: 215/193.6/135

Good morning all,

I am determined to stick to my goals this time. I have hovered at 193-194 for 2-3 months thank heavens that I haven't gained much. But I'm ready to see the 180's and that means I need to keep coming back to my girls to see the progress for motivation.

I woke up late today so I was only able to do 12 minutes on the treadmill. But it counts!
rosiek2277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:12 AM   #22  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Hey Stephanie- what kind of Starbucks do you drink? I know it's bad to drink your calories, but I can't help it with my hours right now. I get a grande nonfat latte with a Splenda or 2 and incorperate it into my breakfast (or lunch) calories- it comes out to about 160. Anyway, here's the Starbuck's nutritional info link...
http://www.starbucks.com/retail/nutr...asp?category=2
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:08 PM   #23  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

June - you know I need to just drink regular old COFFEE when I go there. My problem is I usually get a Caramel Machiatto with 3 shots of espresso...maximum caffiene minimum time required to drink the darn thing. Problem is the Caramel Sauce...Fatty Milk, Froth etc... I will try your drink to see what it tastes like...I hope it is a keeper.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:31 PM   #24  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey gals,

I just got back from a week vacation/visit to the family! Well needless to say, i totally fell off the wagon My eating is back to healthy, but i'm having such a hard time getting back into exercise mode!

Daisy Boo - Congrats on the lb lost! I did some gardening yesterday and i'm sore today! That really can be a good workout!

Stephie - You should be so proud with how well you are doing with the jogging! My goodness 20 minutes! Did you ever think 6 weeks ago you'd be able to do that? I need to figure out how to jump back into the program without it killing my lungs after such a long break from it!
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:40 PM   #25  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I also add an extra shot of espresso, too (depending on the day). At least that only has 5 calories or I would be screwed.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:45 PM   #26  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Thanks everyone!! I wish I could express how much this forum really helps me... but for some reason I have a feeling you guys already know since you're here too! It`s good to see new and familiar posters.
And yes, Fae, of course I came back just for you!

Stephie- Way to go with the running!! Isn't is awesome to push yourself farther than you thought you could go? I know thats my favorite part at least.

I'm glad I'm too poor for Starbucks. Not just the coffees and drinks but all those cookies and pastries would tempt me too. We just have regular coffee and tea at work, so I've got my caffiene fix without the dangerously delicious choices...

My first day of staying under 1600 calories went well yesterday, although I found myself staring into the refrigerator around midnight, I think out of habit. Luckily I had some frozen blueberries, so I think that was a good choice.
I threw out all the food from this morning at work. It was hard because some of it is sooo tasty, but once it is out of sight, I don't want it anymore. Plus, part of my job is to get rid of it so better in the trash can than on my thighs.

Tonight the boyfriend-type-guy has the night off and is making me dinner. He learned to cook from his southern-cooking mom, and we've been discussing the menu for days now.. I keep trying to explain to him what I consider a "vegetable" and that is not a potato or corn. I finally talked him into letting me make the side dishes to go along with his FRIED chicken, although he still doesn't understand the need for all that green on his plate I think.

Last edited by WastedThermos; 06-13-2006 at 02:51 PM.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:59 PM   #27  
Proud US Navy Wife

Wow this water tastes like chlorine.. *flinch* I need to get a brita filter thing.. because this is not cool..

Anyway, the past 2 days I've done anout 30 minutes cardio workout. 20 minutes on a treadmill and 10 minutes about on... elliptical I think it's called? I can't spell.. Whatever it is, I don't stay on it for very long because it hurts my legs after 5 or 6 minutes. Still, I'm proud of myself for actually doing it!

My shopping list (once I get some money)
LeanCuisine (because they are just so yummy.. and then I can have them for lunch after work)
brita filter
water bottle
scale!
I wish the cardio room had a scale, but.. it's evil like that.

My legs are really feeling it.. I made sure to really stretch when I got back to my apartment, because while I was at work today my legs were cramping.. and I work on my feet!

Aaaand.. that's all.
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:26 AM   #28  
fat fighter

thanks trns - must have had a bad case of monday-itis.

weighed in this morning again and the scale said 108.1kg again so i have changed the ticker accordingly. phew! i guess i was just having a bad day when i weighed in at 109.

the plan for tonight - 60 minute walk and upper weights and ab workout. there is a biggest loser special on tonight too. i am looking forward to vegging out in front of the tv for it.

fae - well done on the exercise. i haven't been on an up-to-date elliptical for a while, but have an old one at home. they are great for low impact workouts.

stephie - well done with your running. my calves do the same thing when i am walking. mind you i think it was the way i was walking with my run down shoes. the new shoes are much better

wastedthermos - yes, its the add ons in the coffee shops that can do the damage. choc chip cookies

denice - good to see you back. jump back on the wagon and start again - easy peasy.

rosie - you betcha it counts! i have been hovering too. can't wait to see some positive movement on the scale. 2 weeks until my next weigh in . . .
Old 06-14-2006, 12:34 AM   #29  
...future runner...

S/C/G: 215/193.6/135

Daisy - Congrats on the ticker move!

Lizzie - Like you I just stay away from Starbucks, it's just to tempting for me. Plain old coffee with 2 tablespoons of hazelnut creamer is as good as it gets for me!
rosiek2277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:29 AM   #30  

Helloooo ladies! What a chatty bunch you all have been!

Successes so far this week:
--I've started exercising again. I got a TurboJam DVD I do when I get home from work... For now it's just 20 min/day because I'm still learning it and getting back into moving my body, but next week I'll do the full 40 minute workout. It's actually been really easy for me to exercise this way because I have a specific time at which I should do it: Get home at 5:15, and by 5:25 I'm changed and ready to go. If I tell myself I'll "do it later," I know I won't, so I just bite the bullet and GO for it.
--I've been pretty good about bringing my lunch to work, as well as a couple snacks. I made a big pot of soup and froze it in portions for when I don't have time to make something more elaborate for lunch. If I don't bring my lunch, it's an eating disaster, so I try to avoid that!
--Monday I missed my usual bus home, and the next one wouldn't come for another 20 minutes. So I took a different bus home, one that stopped a good 10 minute walk UPHILL away from my house. (Seriously, this is the HUGEST hill in the area.) I got home maybe 5 minutes earlier than I would have if I had waited for the right bus, but I enjoyed sweating more than waiting at the bus stop!

Downfalls:
--Just one: Giant muffins! I keep skipping breakfast because I wake up too late, and end up getting a huge muffin at the cafe here with my coffee. I know there is no nutritional value in these muffins, but I still eat them! It's also an extra $1.70 every morning that I don't need to be spending (I have a wedding to pay for!). Make me stop!....

I got the absolute stupidest looking sunburn yesterday. I'm a pretty pale person, and burn easily. I was wearing a scoop-neck shirt yesterday, and it was a bright, beautiful day outside, so my friend and I went for a walk down to the Reflecting Pool/Lincoln Memorial at lunch. Didn't realize I was burning. So I have a bright red scoop-shaped burn on my chest, but what's worse -- I have an ID badge holder around my neck with a thick strap, so I have two diagonal lines running straight through my sunburn where the strap was! I feel ridiculous! Turtlenecks for me from here on out!

Phew, that's enough from me.
I'm so behind on all the posts it's embarassing...
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote