Old 06-16-2006, 12:57 PM   #61  
...future runner...

S/C/G: 215/193.6/135

Britomart – That’s so great that you have a fresh source of blueberries! I wish I had an apple tree somewhere that’s my fruit of choice. Wedding plans, how beautiful when exactly is the big day?
rosiek2277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:26 PM   #62  

junebug -- that's exactly what I just said to a coworker -- weird! Good thing my neice is so cute, otherwise I might have to get mad at her for passing this on to me! Oh well. Gifts are a sign of love, right? Well, it's kiiind of like a gift... something she gave me...

stephie: great job on the movin', girl! you're reaching the end of your running program, right? how do you feel about that? One of my jobs today was to reformat a page of hospital corpsmen who had died in Iraq, and while I was sitting here focusing on moving their photos, arranging the circumstances of their deaths, the names of their hometowns, etc., I just stopped... realized who these people were... That they were real people, not just items in a document to be formatted. Weird when two realities crash like that, like with the fire...

Lizzie -- pizza is one of my downfalls! good for you that you can ignore it like that!

rosie -- there's just this great farm 5 minutes down the road from my dad's country house called Muskrat farms, they have every kind of seasonal fruit you'd want! As for apple trees, we have 150 of them They're only 2 years old, though, so we're not letting them produce just yet.

My weekend is going to be comprised of weeding my veggie garden and running a lot of errands, as well as eating well and exercising, of course! Oh, and it WON'T comprise of thinking about work Three weeks into the job and I'm still not used to this get up at 5am thing!

Last edited by britomart; 06-16-2006 at 01:37 PM.
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 02:15 PM   #63  
Tryin' to start strong!

S/C/G: 210/207/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by britomart
Three weeks into the job and I'm still not used to this get up at 5am thing!
I would like to say that it gets better, and you get used to it, but, really, you don't! Or, at least I don't.
starwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 11:45 AM   #64  

How does someone gain 2 lbs in 1 hour...when they haven't had anything to eat or drink? I gotta find a happy medium for the scale...if i step on it too much i go nuts, if I don't then I gain and not watch what I eat

I weighed myself when I got up (after using the bathroom of course) and it said 176 ( i ate bad lastnight so I'm not surprised) then I goofed around the internet for an hour and still haven't gone downstairs to make breakfast/get ready for the gym etc...so I went to the bathroom again and just jumped on the scale again...178!! not one thing has gone into my body...I'm not really freaking out about it or anything...I'm definitly taking the 1st weigh in as my weight...but its just so irritating to see!!!!!
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 03:23 PM   #65  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

Alright.. its Saturday and I SO dont want to go to the gym.
But thats why I logged on to read and get inspired! So now I am giong to go change and go do my cardio. Woo Hoo! (I'm still not that excited but at least I'm going now)
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 03:26 PM   #66  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

You can do it!!! I did NOT want to go walking this morning but I just sucked it up and went anyway... The getting ready part is so much harder for me than the actual DOING IT part! Once I've got my shoes on and the kiddo in the stroller it's no big deal!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 07:24 PM   #67  
Proud US Navy Wife

Went and worked out in the cardio room today with the boyfriend.. something i so did NOT want to do, seeing as he is a skinny military boy and I'm.. well yea. But he insisted, he wanted to go running on the treadmill too, and it wasn't that bad. And later on we went to K-Mart and got, among other things, a scale, which I needed.. and he insisted on paying for, even though I have money. Its good to have someone so supportive . But I'm now just waiting for the losing to begin! (Personally, I blame the combination of quitting smoking and going on birth control... bah!)
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 07:48 PM   #68  
...future runner...

S/C/G: 215/193.6/135

It's Saturday afternoon and already today I've had some french fries and a grilled cheese sandwich. I wish I could just get my mouth wire shut!
rosiek2277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:32 PM   #69  

haha, I've done that Rosie, it's so not worth the trouble
Old 06-18-2006, 01:47 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 224/185/160

Pilatesgirl,is it a digital scale or the other kind? Mine isn't digital and I can gain or lose 4lbs simply by moving it 6 inches across the floor. Easiest 4 lbs I ever lost

Jamie, I just clicked the link to your blog, are you a Londoner too?

I'm watching Top 5 on the food network right now and it's desserts. Now I want tiramisu and pie.
iceprincess1496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:14 AM   #71  

I used to be... I was at UWO, but I just graduated last week