Old 05-24-2006, 02:18 PM   #1  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Default ARGH what am I doing wrong?!

My weight loss is SOOOO slow and i'm trying SO hard to be healthy... this is driving me insane! I haven't lost a single pound in like 3 weeks. Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong? Like here's what I did yesterday and it was a pretty typical day. Thanks!
Foods:
Breakfast: 1 cup skim milk blended up with 1 scoop whey protein and a handful of frozen berries.

Lunch: Mixed greens with taco flavored soy crumbles, FF cheese, tomatoes, FF sour cream and salsa.

Snack: 1 whole wheat pita with homemade Hummus spread

Snack: Small handful of mixed nuts, no salt, no fat added

Dinner: Chicken breast, mixed greens with lite balsamic dressing, 2 cups mixed veggies, and a small pile of brown rice.

Dessert: Frozen strawberries blended up with a tiny amount of 100% apple juice.

Exercise: walked/jogged 2 miles pushing jogging stroller, mowed the lawn (it counts... it's a HUGE lawn), 20 minutes pilates.

*sigh* sometimes I feel like I'll NEVER be a healthy weight.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 02:39 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

First off, congrats on the 44 pounds you have lost so far!!! That is a huge accomplishment that you should give yourself credit for.

I have gone through times also where I'm doing everything right and no loss comes! It looks like your diet is really good! Have you tried adding weight training in? That pushed me past my plateau! Whatever you do, don't give up. You could try cutting your calories by 100 or so, and then upping them by that much a few days later. And most importantly, have you taken your measurements? You may be losing but it just isn't showing on the scale yet! Last month I lost like 4 pounds, but all together 4 inches all over. There have been times I have lost more than that but not that many inches. So don't get discouraged!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:15 PM   #3  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

No matter how good one is, there will always be plateaus. They suck but just keep up with the healthy eating and exercise and maybe even shake it up a bit: eat different kinds of foods, eat a bit more, eat a bit less, do different exercises, exercise a tiny bit less, exercise more. Eventually that stubborn scale should shift downwards.
Also, I heard that your body does not loss inches and pounds at the same time and so maybe when you are not losing weight you are actually becoming thinner anyway. (Someone correct me if I am wrong).

Stephanie- Did you do something different to your hair? It looks lovely.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:34 PM   #4  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Thanks for the ideas!!! I think I'm going to try and cut out the carbs altogether and do weight training for a week or so and see if that helps budge the scale! It's taken me 2 years to lose 44 lbs... it's just been discouraging!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 06:24 PM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

EEEEEEE...Do not cut out carbs all together especially when adding exercise!!! The only thing you will truly accomplish is water loss and a headache!!! Just stick with it, but please don't cut out the carbs, you are eating very healthy carbs! If you want to build muscle especially...you need carbs to run on!

Charlotte - Just colored it a few shades lighter, thank you!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 06:38 PM   #6  

Read the calorie cycling thread...I've heard that can kick start the weight loss a whole lot better. I agree, it would be a bad idea to cut carbs!
Goodluck!
You can do it!
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:26 PM   #7  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I guess the only thing I would have cut was the pita and hummus and the apple juice. Otherwise, def keep the carbs around (esp those fruits and veggies). Also, double check the nutrional label on some of those things (the frozen strawberries, juice, the pita, ff sour cream, etc...)- you may find some hidden sodium and sugars that you wouldn't think are there.

You should feel great about what you've done thus far! Don't let a plateau get you down too much. Plateaus don't last forever (theoretically, at least )
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:11 AM   #8  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

if that is a typical day, was it the same over the last 2 yrs?
congrats on ur weightloss btw..
But I read somewhere that is is benefical to change ur routine every 12 weeks. So why not sit down and write out a new food plan, something different and use a calorie counter like fitday to make sure its not over.
Try
high fiber cereal breakfast(lowfatmilk)
fruit as snack
a whole meal sandwich pached with salad, some lean ham, celery sticks with hummus.
snack a yogurt (&more fruit?)

dinner, loads of veggies with a smaller portion of something chicken etc
or loadsa salad with a small portion of whole mealpasta etc
(I personally try not to eat pasta stuff in the evening)
a piece of fruit
yes this is kinda what I eat like, just an example
thats kinda 1200kcals, I think u would need more than that? depends
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote