Old 04-21-2006, 12:53 AM   #46  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Eating was a fiasco today, spent all day from like 2 p.m. till now at a ballpark of some sorts, baseball, lacrosse, soccer etc...Stadium food is lets just say JUNK! Did get my run in and I am going to do some arm weight training tonight. My legs are still too sore from the strength training in that aerobics class WHEW! Tomorrow need to get more cardio and some core training in. Talk to you all then!

brito - I bet it was the reflection of your shirt, beautiful ring, he has good taste! In both the ring and you hun

miss michelle - It was an awesome workout, I doubt I could do it more than once a week though but i WILL be going back that is for sure.

teahoney - We are here for you hun, I was actually going to message you. I was looking through the exercise challenge and your post looked so hopeful but had not been updated. Sometimes you gotta just do it...make tomorrow your first day back on the wagon. You are right, don't beat yourself up or be obsessed with weight...just BE the kind of person who is doing something about it, and do it for YOURSELF...

trans - I am never in bed before midnight. Sometimes I need to get up early otherwise my schedule will not permit my workout... Gotta make the time ya know. Thank goodness this is not on a regular basis just when I have something to shoot that keeps me away from the evening class.

daidy - happy birthday hun! I LOOOVVVVEEEE my exercise ball. I learned a really good exercise with resistance bands the other day. You put the ends together and tie them like you would a balloon. You basically get a big rubber band. Put the rubber band around both feet and walk sideways across the room doings squats. The resistance band being around your ankles makes it sooooo much harder, its a good workout!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 09:01 AM   #47  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Ladies, I have about 4 THOUSAND photos, add or take a few hundred...
I'll post some or share a yahoo album, but it'll be a while - I'm using dial-up and you know how that uploads...

Daisy, Milford Sound is beautiful! We were very lucky - it was a wonderful day, it didn't rain AND sandflies didn't bother us too much!
The drive there is spectacular as well, and there are several lovely short walks, which I really recommend you do. There is one called Mirror Lakes, and if you're going one way and it's cloudy or raining, try again on the way back - it's lovely any time, but especially when it's clear.
At Milford Sound itself, I'd recommend a cruise early in the day. It can get really crazy & busy there, tons of people, which I don't think it's nice. We took a cruise at 10:30 am, it was really quiet, but by the time we got back in the harbour two hours later, the place was swarmed with people. Some operators also charge more for cruises at more popular times.
And if you do on a cruise, I recommend one which stops at the Underwater Observatory. You can go on an overnight cruise, or on a flight but those are of course more expensive. And there are kayaking trips as well, though those don't go the whole lenght of the fiord, obviously.

Writing all this down has made me want to go back even more!

Trns, congrats on the job, sounds great too!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:45 AM   #48  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy Friday!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 12:35 PM   #49  

yay! it's friday!

well, yesterday was kinda a disaster. i say kinda because i was pretty active, but i had a MAJOR slip-up. breakfast was on point, then a mile walk to the lake with my sister to play tennis for an hour, then a mile walk back. after that i came home an ate a salad with salmon (yum). but my sister brought something (i'm not gonna mention it because i don't want to trigger cravings), well i had a bit, then decided to just eat the whole thing! about a day's worth of calories, but at least it's not around today. then i felt guilty so i went to the gym and ran 6 miles and did weights. dinner was healthy. i figured at the gym alone i burned about 3/4 of the calories that i consumed on that one item.

today is on point so far.

trns- congrats on the new job. working on the beach sounds amazing.

stephie- my sister swears by her step classes, but she's tiny to begin with. did you go by yourself? i'm always nervous to go by myself like i'm taking someone's place and that everyone knows each other.

teahoney- it sounds like you're taking a sensible approach to weight loss. we're here for you.

daisy- i love my resistance bands. if i didn't have them, i would probably never stretch.

marines- isn't that just like guys? i do have to admit that i would always buy my dad electronic gifts because he would never figure out how to use them, so eventually they became mine!

have a great weekend everyone. i hope to play some more tennis.
chicagoposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 01:16 PM   #50  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Ok up for today, work at home job basically cancelled. Need to get my strength training in for arms then if I can fine my swimsuit, and NOT my bikini I think I will try to go for a swim and a bout in the dry suana at the gym. I was going to try water aerobics, although I think my gym may offer a diff sort than yours...says for the injured and elderly lol and man do I feel injured today. Need to eat reallly clean today. Well I am off...have a ton of errands to run!

sushi - that trip sounds divine, You live in Australia, I have always wanted to go there as well. I am a penguin lover and I hear you all have penguins on phillips island or prince edward island (if my memory serves me right)

chicago - Yeah I went by myself. You know they offer a ton of the aerobics classes at my gym so there was lots of room for newbies. There was one other girl there who had not done it before. It seemed at first like the girls did know each other but they were all telling me "looks like you got the hang of it" or "now we did not scare you off for next week right" and the instructor went over moves with me during the water breaks so it didn't interfere with other peoples workout but I still got some extra TLC to learn the ropes. It was HARD but sooo worth it, I hear an hours worth is like 500 something calories burned!
Old 04-21-2006, 01:50 PM   #51  
Chuggin' along...

Yay for Fridays! Happy Friday all.

My knees, one in particular, have been hurting me for several weeks. Not while working out, but they wake me up in the middle of the night hurting and continue into the morning. I've had knee trouble from running too much before (last spring I was running 20-30 miles/week) but this is different. I described my symptoms to friends who were college athletes and they suggested tendonitis. Online research agrees with that diagnosis, and since I have no health insurance to cover a dr's visit this is the best I can do. The only remedies are rest, maybe icing and stretching. I took almost a week off from working out last week, but after only 3 cardio workouts this week the pain came back last night. Am I seriously supposed to take 1,2, or more weeks off from cardio? How do I not work out??? I am so terrified of stopping. I CAN'T regain this weight and working out is integral to keeping it off. Aghhh!!!

Today I'll just do weight and extra strength training. I have a busy (pretty active, luckily) weekend anyway, so I will take Saturday & Sunday off from gym cardio. But this is really troubling me. Working out has become so much of who I am now that I don't think I can not do it.

Happy birthday Daisy! What useful presents from your boyfriend.

chicagoposter, it sounds like you're right back on track from that little slip. I wouldn't worry too much.

Sushi, I was in New Zealand for 10 days and I so badly wanted to get to Milford sound, but it just didn't happen. It sounds wonderful! Other than Auckland it sounds like our trips didn't overlap much, but every bit of the country that I saw was beautiful.

stephiewilliams, your workouts always sound so OP. great job!

Maja, congrats on the job! Sounds awesome.

teahoney, as several people have already said, take it one step at a time. Making little changes instead of trying to change everything at once makes this journey much easier to sustain. We are here for you!

miss michelle, welcome back! Don't be lonely, you've got us as long as you've got access to the internet!

Have a great weekend ladies.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 06:38 PM   #52  
Living the Laguna life...

Hi everyone! Happy Friday!
So I weighed myself this morning...and I was THREE pounds lighter than yesterday when I weighed myself on my "travel" scale (the one I keep with me in St. Louis). I think that scale might not be right! I am going to keep using it but remember that it might be a few pounds off At least there will be a nice surprise for me when I get home and step on that scale!

Megan, I haaate it when I have injuries and can't work out. If you do have tendinitis you know what is excellent therapy..swimming. I tore my ACL a few years ago and took up swimming (actually, I joined a water polo team). I don't think I've been in better shape...swimming is hard!!

chicago, I am a group workout instructor, and there are allllways new people..don't be afraid to jump right in! i always like to remember that everyone there was a beginner once
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 12:07 AM   #53  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

OH organised dinner last night and actually got a cake for me too. he also got some camembert (my weakness!) and some crackers. so i ended up gorging myself on cheese and crackers, but only ate some of the cake. more out of "well i had better as it is my birthday". i am not much of sweets person. savory things are my weakness. cheeses, chips, pizza, grilled cheese . . you get the picture.

tonight will be another battle as we have OH's family coming over for dinner tonight. the main reason was for his kids as they didn't get to see them last weekend for easter, but it is turning into a birthday thing for me. i would rather it wasn't but i have been told my OH's mum that she has cooked everything and i am not to do anything at all. got me a little miffed to tell you the truth. so anyway, i have no idea what she is making and i bet there will be another cake. i am not trying to be spiteful or difficult. i just feel rude if i say no, when it is made for me.

its a long story but initially i said we could have a brunch. then, last night, it seems to have turned into a dinner for tonight. well, what could i do. i was looking forward to doing a brunch. i had a menu planned (i like to entertain) and i was going to do a cheese strata, fresh fruits, juices, fresh coffee and some croissants. better get over it i suppose.

anyway, i am hoping to get in some yoga today. i really like my yoga. just waiting for OH and the kids to leave the house and then i can get into it. his parents are due to get here in about 4 hours and i want to do 90 mins of yoga and take the dogs for a walk - so all up about 2 hours exercise.

i weighed in this morning - no change. i really need to watch my food - that's the killer for me i think.

miss michelle - congrats on the 3lb loss! fingers crossed it is not a mis-read from the scale.

trns - got the ball sorted. i was worried about over inflating it, but OH said that he spoke to the salesperson and knew what to do. there weren't actually any instructions for the inflating in the box. anyway, it is now at 65cm - so happy!

stephie - the step class sounds intense! keep it up.

teahoney - i am with you honey. i understand where you are coming from. although i am now 28, i reckon i look about early 30's to a stranger. sit down and have a good talk to yourself about what you want and how you are going to get there. you can do it!
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 01:21 AM   #54  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Ok was out of town today but tonight I was able to get some strength training in. I did arms mostly but some abs as well. Tomorrow I am going to do my last run this week outside *gasp* it should be beautiful out and I am excited to see what it is like to run outdoors. I also want to do some strength training if my legs are feeling better, if not then there are always more abs and core to be done. I NEED to reach my goal this month. I am just a little over half way there...with some classes and some good old hard work I should be able to get there.

Megan - thanks for the compliment, I am trying very hard at making exercise a big part of my life.

daisy - get to that yoga girl, and walk those dogs...we will hit our goals this month. I need to step it up a notch as well...
Old 04-22-2006, 03:23 AM   #55  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

well i got the yoga in. i had OH's 11 year old daughter sitting on the couch watching me try to hold poses and laying on the floor like a whale.

argh! they were all supposed to go out of the house and run errands, but she wanted to stay. then she was told to stay out of the area of the house i was working out in - but no. within 20 minutes she was in there. i lost focus with someone watching me and did not put as much effort in at all. sh!ts me.

anyway, i have established i need to do 60 minutes a day to reach my goal for the month. might be do-able. OH's parents are here tonight and then i think they will be here later in the week to stay. the kids are in school holidays and i think they are coming up to look after the kids here as OH can't take the time off. so that means i have to work out how i am going to workout.

i guess i will just have to get out of the house and walk for the week. oh, i don't know!

i am officially going insane
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 11:24 AM   #56  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Omg girls, i had a HORRIBLE night last night! I made a really healthy chicken soup yesterday for dinner and DH came home with friends and they brought ribs, burgers, brownie mix etc. I told myself I would not eat it, i would just have my soup.. Yeah right lol. I ended up having 2 brownies, cheese dip and chips, one rib, and some mixed drinks (full of sugar im sure..) and then when i was a little tipsy i decided I wanted to eat a cheeseburger lol. This morning i just feel sick from it all. Im making up for my extra few hundred calories today by not eating too much today. Oh yeah, and not weighing myself for an extra few days lol

On a good note, I got my biggest loser DVD, but I dont think ill be able to do it this weekend while DH's friends are here. I cant wait to try it out tho!
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 08:22 PM   #57  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hi everyone...
well... remember that birthday dinner... well, that was on Thursday, we ended up going to a seafood restaurant and everyone had an entree, main course and desert... and then in the evening, there were about 9 boxes of small pizza for 6 people... then there was a ton of bad eating... and today I stepped on the scale. Umph. Hopefully the number I saw will be enough of motivator!

Yes, there are penguins in Phillip Island, I'm intending to go there at some point in the next 2 months. I don't actually live in Australia, I'm here temporarily, so I'm trying to see as much as I can, but I'm broke after New Zealand and no new job lined up yet!
We actually did see penguins in NZ as well - in a town called Oamaru, on the South Island, about 3 hrs south of Christchurch. They have 2 colonies there, actually, one is of the rare Yellow Eyed Penguin. Access there is free, but you're on a huge cliff high above the beach so the penguins look really tiny when they come out of the sea, even though they're about 2 feet tall. The other colony is the Blue Penguin colony (same as in Phillip Island), and there they have something of a conservancy set up - penguins are looked after, provided boxes as houses, etc. You can watch the penguins come from the sea, it's like the Penguin Parade in Phillip Island. These are tiny, less than 1 foot tall! So cute. Unfortunately we were there during their moulting period, when they are not that active, so not many came out. But still, it was awesome to see penguins live!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote