Old 04-07-2006, 10:57 AM   #91  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Hey spill, I think that weekend goals thread would be an awesome idea!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:58 AM   #92  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Stephie- I used to go to the gym alot when i weight quite a bit less so guys were always starting at you like you were a piece of meat.. I hated it! The last thing i wanted was to Be in nasty gym clothes sweating like crazy havin a guy try to hit on me, KNOWING im a marine wife(usually wore a Marine Wife shirt to try to get rid of some guys lol). It was annoying. And now i feel like i get those looks like "Eww yeah she NEEDS to be at the gym, but lets put her in a room where noone has to watch". But i really dont care about the looks i get. One guy walked by last night and laughed at me while i was running and i have him the dirtiest look and he stopped. Im sorry, but not EVERYONE thats at the gym needs to be fit! ITs like that commercial that says "you have to be in shape to go to the gym" lol its so true! I considered joining curves because its woman only, but ill just deal with it and go to the free gym instead lol. I always liked going with my fat friends because atleast i wasnt the only one. But they are all moved away and stuff now. WEll anywho. I need to figure out a better workout scedule. Cuz Water aerobics started and is Monday, WEds, and Fri at 5pm. However, its still a little chilly out so i think i might wait another month to start that. I was planning on going to the gym tuesday and thursday, but maybe instead i will Gym Tues, Water Aerobics Weds, and Gym THurs, and the rest of the time just go for walks.. Hopefully ill figure something out! lol
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 05:21 PM   #93  
here I go again...

I AM SO HAPPY ITS FRIDAY!

Oh Stephie, don't be like that! I never said that I actually look like her... hehe. Don't I wish! I'm going to go ahead and post a weekend goal, since I also agree that it is a terrific idea.

This weekend, I solemnly swear that I will work out for at least 90 minutes each day, and drink as much water as I can force into my body
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 06:32 PM   #94  

Marineswife -- You're using the weather as an excuse not to go to aquafit/water aerobics??? Come on! You live in California! I live in Canada and can make it to aquafit at least 2x a week! (And it's not like I have hearty Canadian blood -- I was born in Mississippi! I hate cold!) Don't give yourself excuses not to go to the gym, especially something like the weather. Aquafit is fun... I love being in the water but laps get boring. Anyway, just thought I'd kick your butt a little
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:10 PM   #95  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Marineswife85 - yeah... tell me about it!!

Megan1982 - Yeah, I don't want to beat myself over it, but sometime i crave the gym. [haha, never thought i would say that] It gets rid of all my stress.

spillthebeans - The Weekend goal thread seems like a good idea... start it up.

stephiewilliams - You seem like you are booked for the day. hehe. Yea, clients should take manner classes, BLAH!

I can't wait to hit the gym tonight.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:15 PM   #96  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

morning ladies

have to go shopping this morning. there is no food in the house at the moment.

i ended up not working out yesterday. i had a feeling it would happen and that is why i did both my upper and lower body workout on thursday. so glad i did think ahead. today i want to get a nice walk in outside. i have the kids with me as OH is working but they love getting out and about so its a good excuse.

we went out for dinner last night *i nearly wasn't going to talk about this*. lets just say i was a little too indulgent and thinking about it this morning, the food was not even that good either. would have preferred some grilled fish with salad i think instead of the veal i had (as least i stayed away from the pasta).

weighed in this morning - i am back up to 235lbs (from 231). having said that, i really haven't weighed in for weeks. i need to watch my food better and get in more exercise if i am going to see any results.

marineswife - good on you for getting your workouts in. your enthusiasm is infectious.

stephie - you are a busy girl! i admire you for getting your workout in so late at night. i do do yoga - it is from dvd's, not a class. they are a mix of hatha and ashtanga, but i would say prodominantly hatha. they are great. ashamably they are by geri halliwell (not sure if you US girls know the spice girls?), but the program is fantastic. at the moment i am getting a workout from just the warm up program.

abikerchick - great goals for the weekend. i must say now that i am drinking 1.8lt water per day, i am gagging for it if i miss out on some water.

oh BTW - this morning was my last cigarette
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 01:24 AM   #97  
No More Excuses!

Im so proud of myself! It is like 10 pm here, and I hadnt gone out for any exercising. My husband was gettin ready to do a 2 mile run and i was sittin here bein lazy and he was like CMON Heather! So finally (after a little persuading on his part) And i went on one lap (one mile) with him, and actually ran about half the way. I really pushed myself but i did it. My husband keeps on my butt tellin me to MOVE IT lol.

Britomart:
Is your water aerobics indoor or outdoor? The one they do out here is outdoor, and its still only like in the 50's right now during the time they do it, so the water is even colder lol. No way am i gettin in that pool for another couple weeks probably!

DaisyGood job on quiting smoking! yay!! you can do it hun!
Old 04-08-2006, 01:47 AM   #98  

10:43 PM ... just getting ready to head to the gym. .. Friday night, no event, no date.... gym it is.

Old 04-08-2006, 02:04 AM   #99  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

OK girls I just need to vent a little. My inlaws bought me a new washer and dryer for my birthday. The place I own has hook ups but no vent and the hoses the washer and dryer came with were busted. (It was used) So I actually had to spend 50 bucks to get a portable vent and new hoses/parts etc. Then I could not get one of the old broken hoses off...so had to spend another 10 bucks on a tool to get it off. Got everything hooked up and working. In laws left everything pulled out away from the wall for me. The washer they said has little rubber feet and will be fine to move. The dryer is light but has sharp feet, so they left it on a blanket. So now that everything is put together I move the dryer back and take out the blanket...well it was a KNIT blanket they used and the sharp feet cut straight through the wood floor of my rental kitchen and pulled it back. SO I call my husband and get really really upset...but then hey it is out of my system, at least the dryer is put back. So then I move the washer and it gets stuck on something. Turns out all but ONE of the corners has rubber feet on it, and yes you guessed it another chunk out of my rental kitchens wooden floors. I just looked up the flooring on home depots website and it is 69 bucks for 18 square feet...counting installation and the fact that landlords always rip you off when you wreck their place that means I am out a small fortune. I would have just taken my clothes to the mat...

All this happened at a very inconvenient time as well. Prior to the washer dryer floor fiasco...the paper called me for an emergency assignment. The assignment was to go photograph a car wreck. Speed limit was 65 two cars head on collission...one car going east bound in a westbound lane. I am mainly a sports photographer, if I do news it is wishy washy benefit concert, food sampler type news. It was very easy to get my photos and the information. I was excited to be able to actually photograph something newsworthy. It was not until I got to the paper and was inputing my photos that I realized while I was photographing there was a person in the car...There was an actual live person injured, bleeding, probably dying and there I was snapping away *happy* *thankful* even for the opportunity. I feel so bad about myself right now you do not even know...
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:25 AM   #100  
No More Excuses!

Stephie- Aww dont be upset. you didnt KNOW there was someone in there, its not like you did it intentionally!
And sorry about your floors that really sucks..
Old 04-08-2006, 06:47 AM   #101  

Default 440 minutes and I'm still goin....

So i wound up at the gym tonight for a good ol' 3 HOURS. About half way through when i usually go home i got really angry and stressed out and i just never stopped working out. It was one of those moments where things in your life just make you want to scream... but instead i pushed myself and got all my anger out at the gym. Wish they had punching bags! =sighs=

I just want all the stuff in my head that is wrong to just dissapear. But in good news I'm back on track... and well along my way... I got a GREAT workout in. 5 miles... and about an hour in strength training. I think i used every single piece of equipment the gym had to offer.

I'm moving along.... ok time for bed.

stephie - I'm so sorry you had that happen to your floors. The last apartment i was at i did a project in my kitchen and i literarily butchered the floors with an exacto knife trying to cut my art piece up. I thought i twould cost a bundle when i moved out... but i guess they didn't realize it because i wasn't charged! .... even though they did charge me for finger prints on the walls and dust on the blinds.

I'm also sorry you had to take photographs like that when there was a person inside that was hurt. My love works at an auto collision place and they get wrecked cars with blood still in them. :/ eeeek!
Old 04-08-2006, 09:22 AM   #102  
here I go again...

trns: 3 HOURS?!? Color me impressed!!!

I've got beaucoup laundry to do, and then I'm gonna head over to workout. I got a book at the library yesterday called "Sculpting Her Body Perfect" about weight training so I can get some new ideas, so I can't wait to try that out. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Last edited by illinichick; 04-08-2006 at 09:34 PM.
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:56 PM   #103  

I thought i would be sore today... I'm not... thank goodness.

ABakerchick17 - Well thank you. I was impressed myself, i really pushed myself. I never thought about buying books on sculpting... I need one that shows me how to get an incredible butt. hahaha. Let me know if that one is good.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:18 PM   #104  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Hi ladies. I haven't been around all week. Feeling sorry for myself mostly and being in a total funk. I haven't gotten in not one minute of exercise yet this month. I'm so pissed at myself and just plain ole angry for being fat. Sometimes it just seems like I'll never not be fat. I don't have to be skinny but I'd sure like to not be fat anymore.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:22 PM   #105  

Awwweee Teahoney.... It's a new day, go get some exercise in today.
=hugs=

If you need anything, let me know.