Old 03-30-2006, 01:18 AM   #1  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

Default missing tom!

ok - so last month and this month (not these past two weeks) I went on an excersize binge - 5-6 - and I went off my Birth control because I decided I wasn't gonna get any for a while also I wondered if it had anything to do with weight loss and wanted to experiment - so since i have gone off - more than a month ago - I am pretty sure - I still have not had my TOM - I am wondering where she is - not really wanting it to come but still fee bloated - wondering if it has to do witht he drastic changes I made last month (which of course, since I am hitting hte peak of my production right now) have calmed down a bit.

alas - need to get back to the excersize eating better (aka MORE veggies) so that I can start losing again!

B
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:24 AM   #2  

You can have mine if you really want it!

I don't know if I was really early this time around or just completely lost track of time because I wasn't expecting it at all, though I should have guessed from the fact that my boobs magically went up a cup size in a day or two (no small feat with my chest). I'm just not usually that oblivious to what day it is. It's a good thing I have no need of birth control and cycle tracking.
Flying Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:09 AM   #3  

When you go off the pill it can take several months for your body to readjust and normalize. The exercise and lifestyle change might be the culprit, but I'd be more inclined to think it's the lack of BC...
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

I just got back from the gyno for the exact reason. Well I stopped getting my period around this time last year then went on BC in july and got my period july and august. Stopped taking the pill then and haven't had my period since. I also thought it might be exercise-related even though my body fat isn't way low or anything. They tested my thyroid and LH and FSH levels (hormones) and everything looked fine. Basically they said my body CAN ovulated (as seen in july and august) but just isn't for some reason. Since I'm not looking to get pregnant right now they just prescribed me something to simulate ovulation just to make sure things are working and if they are, it's back on the pill for me. My doctor really didn't stress out much about it at all.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:20 PM   #5  

Any idea what would happen if you didn't wait for your period before you started taking the pill again? The instructions say you're supposed to wait, but, like y'all, what if it *never* comes?

I don't want to use condoms with my DH forever (and he definately doesn't!!).
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:27 PM   #6  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Hey lizzbabe, what did your doctor give you to make you start ovulating??

I definately think its due to BC pills and your body just needs time to adjust!
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:59 PM   #7  

Nothing terrible will happen, 4myself. They say that so you don't throw your body chemistry way off by starting the pill mid-cycle, as it could create breakthrough bleeding and all that fun stuff. Your body would stay fairly normal if you start the pill right after your period, as you follow your reg. cycle more or less... But I guess if you never have your period, then anytime is okay. But don't take my word for it, I'm not a doctor! Not even a med student
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Umm it begins with a P..let me go check--Provera? I haven't filled the prescription yet but you take a pill for 10 days and then are supposed to have your period in the next 2-3 days.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 04:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

My period stopped for about a year...but my body fat WAS way to low at that time. I think I was at about 110 pounds on a medium 5'6 frame...yeah...not a good look lol. Anyway, I gained back a few pounds up to about 125 and it -still- had not come back so I went to see the doctor. He wasnt at all concerned. Did a few tests which all came back normal.

He basically suggested gaining a little more weight (fat not muscle) if I wanted my period back but in his opinion couldnt see -why- I wanted it lol. He reckoned that it was fine for women not to bleed and they dont actually have to to be still ovulating (his sister is an example of that). His only concern was that apparently a female gains the most bone density during her period and so recommended calcium supplements if I wasnt eating enough dairy and what not...which I certainly was lol.

My period eventually did come back at around 128 pounds and pretty much picked up where it left off. Having said that I did skip my last one but got the next today exactly on time as if I -had- got the last one. *shrugs* weird body!

Livi
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote