Old 04-06-2006, 07:40 PM   #1  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Question New and Need Help!

Hey Everyone!

I'm 25 yrs old, and have been seriously ill for the past 3 yrs, and inactive for that period pretty much. I've gained alot of weight because of that, as well as result of the medications I was on. I just recently had surgery, and feel so much better, but now want to lose weight....the problem is I have no idea where to start!! HELP!!!! I have about 15 Lb's to lose, may not seem like alot to you, but I'm very petite, and small framed, so it feels like so much more. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:12 PM   #2  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Welcome Amanda!
I suggest joining in our April Fitness Challenge.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80381

I can tell your gain was due to inactivity and medication so i'm sure food isn't really a problem with you? I would go and talk with your doctor and see what kind of physical activity you are able to do as of right now, and build on that.

To start out with, you should start walking.

Like with getting over any illness, talk with your doctor first.
I hope you are better.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:41 PM   #3  
Workin' My *** Off!

Do need help with the food part. With being inactive, I haven't been eating well at all, lots of take-out, hate to cook....I just can't plan meals...it never works. I go grocery shopping, buy a bunch of stuff that you can't really make anything with really...impluse shopping...

It's terrible...
Old 04-06-2006, 09:30 PM   #4  

Amanda - Awwwe.. Have you tried buying things that are only on the perimeter of the store, instead of all the processed foods that they put in the middle? Skip the donut section though, hehe.

We have a thread with healthy snack food ideas in here, also there is a recipe section on the site with some delicious meals. Have you tried anything like south beach, or WW diet?
Old 04-06-2006, 10:00 PM   #5  
Workin' My *** Off!

This is my first attempt at weight loss. I've never had a problem with my weight until I got ill....I've got no money to join a gym, or anything like that. So it's basically up to me myself and me.... hehe!
Old 04-06-2006, 11:12 PM   #6  

If you are short on cash buy a balance ball, you can get them at Target for around $9-$15. They are GREAT! You can do SO many exercises with them, plus they are fun.